NJou812 is offline Associate Member

Question VETS- Proactive thinking for "New Years"?

Oh no, not another **** "Can I get wasted if I'm on a D-bol and A-bombs" thread....and no, it's not.

I thought a proactive thread about how people plan to handle the December holidays might help some newbies when they search this stuff come December. We know some people are gonna drink (some a little, some a lot). I'd like to start the conversation at best not to drink at all, but if you must, then.....

"Why now, it's September," you ask? Well, I know myself and quite a few bruthas out there like to bulk in the fall. And when I'm on cycle, no drinking at all, let that be clear. So, lets move out 12 weeks to PCT. Right now my PCT is going to fall Dec 12 - Jan 2. I'll bet a few bros will have PCT around that time.

So - I can't think of a worse time to do PCT. I'm not a drinker but usually around the holidays (with work parties/family parties/friends parties/New Years), I have a few drinks here and there. I'm more concerned about HPTA getting back to normal, as I always take plenty of Milk Thistle, etc.

So here it is:
    What is the best way to handle holidays and PCT? (the best answer is the most obvious of course, don't drink)

a) Don't worry about it just do PCT as normal (300/100/50 Clomid and 20mg Nolva)
    b) Extend PCT by a week or two to make sure the alcohol hasn't stunted the HPTA levels.
    c) At the end of your cycle (Dec 12), keep running Test at 200/mg/week to get you through the holidays and start PCT first thing after New Years.

I thought "c" might be logical, but I need the VETS to weigh in as I'm not sure how to be proactive in my thinking about this.

Gilster is offline Member
    Maybe "a", "b" and "c" should be...time your cycle so that you do not have to start pct until after the holidays. It is better to be able to eat and enjoy without feeling nasty and out of sorts with mood swings during this time of year.

I try to NEVER be on pct during the holidays. If I am on I am on straight thru until January 3rd at least
    Last edited by Gilster; 09-08-2004 at 05:08 PM.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Or just don't come off until febuary

yeah, good point Glister. Kinda helped answer my question about extending the cycle past new years. Clomid over the holidays might suck....

Anyone else, curious to hear some thoughts on this....

latino_athlete is offline Associate Member
    so your saying its better to drink while on a cycle than to drink while on pct?

Gilster is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by latino_athlete
    so your saying its better to drink while on a cycle than to drink while on pct?
    ANything in moderation is ok. Anything done to excess is not good. I personally do not drink ever so it makes no difference to me. You don't need to drink to enjoy the holidays IMO.

Agreed, the best answer is not to drink at all. Personally I have a glass of wine at the big dinner, and perhaps a beer or two at the work/family parties. Strictly moderation.

If in moderation, it sounds like it's better to be "On Cycle" (no orals, low doses, liver protectants for me) during the holidays beacuse:
    a) No brutal Clomid depression during the holidays
    b) Can focus strictly on PCT and HPTA regeneration as of Jan 2.

Is this the general concensus?

Thread Information