Thread: Accutane

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member

Accutane

Hey what up , I went to my dermatoligist today, after going to the same doc for almost 4 years,and today he prescribes me accutane, I have to get blood draw before i start treatment, and every moth durning. I believe this is normal. He also asked me if I used juice, he asked me this last time I got a check up I told him no. This time i told him that I had in the past but not now. I think he saw through me, but left it at that. I am currently on, and I am wondering If I should come to an amediate stop? Tell him that I am on? or just continue. I have to get blood draw ASAP, and be back in his office in 3 weeks.

The sheet for the Blood Draw said some thing like
    Cholesterol
    CIB
    some other stuff like 4 things, I dont have it with me other wise I could tell you, but is this gonna show?
    Lookin for some sugestions.
    I sent this in a PM to DOC M, I while post what he says.

tec9 is offline New Member
    Don't stop taking them, just tell him you're on them. It's not like it's a sting operation and he's gonna whip out a badge and arrest you.

Quote Originally Posted by tec9
    Don't stop taking them, just tell him you're on them. It's not like it's a sting operation and he's gonna whip out a badge and arrest you.
    Iam not worried about, more about my health.

You should of thought about it more before you started taking them

You should of thought about it more before you started taking them
    WTF

Gilster is offline Member
    There are many possible negative outcomes from telling your doc you are on gear. Your insurance carrier can find out and then everybody finds out. Maybe even your employer can find out in some cases. Unless your doc is an old friend or reccomended by other users, don't tell him about the gear. tec9 has obviously not heard about these compications.

I'm not trying to flame you... but acne is a side effect from steroids , and your blood test results aren't gonna be normal. I never took accutane while juicing... I don't know if the doctor will let you take it because your blood is gonna look outta wack, If thats what you're wondering about. I wouldn't take accutane unless you are a big pizza face, it's harsh... but it works. Try Benzoyl Peroxide, thats what I use when I juice and it works really well, No blood tests needed.

ElGuerillo is offline New Member
    Isn't there a doctor-patient issue here?? I thought the doc has to keep your information confidential.

Your insurance company will need to know the diagnosis of your probs and if the doc feels that AAS use has created a prob he will indicate this. The insurance carrier needs the info to approve treatments. If your job pays for your insurance and you have not specifically prohibited the sharing of this info then they can be notified if there is a work related issue involved. All of of these and many more situations give the doc the legal right to share this info.

I'm not trying to flame you... but acne is a side effect from steroids, and your blood test results aren't gonna be normal. I never took accutane while juicing... I don't know if the doctor will let you take it because your blood is gonna look outta wack, If thats what you're wondering about. I wouldn't take accutane unless you are a big pizza face, it's harsh... but it works. Try Benzoyl Peroxide, thats what I use when I juice and it works really well, No blood tests needed.
    Dude, unless you can explain what Outta Wack blood results look like I find your input unreliable, and uneducated.
    You'd think that if I have gone to a dermatologist for 4 years that I just might have tried Benzoyl peroxide, along with every other fukin anti-biotic and topical there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilster
    Your insurance company will need to know the diagnosis of your probs and if the doc feels that AAS use has created a prob he will indicate this. The insurance carrier needs the info to approve treatments. If your job pays for your insurance and you have not specifically prohibited the sharing of this info then they can be notified if there is a work related issue involved. All of of these and many more situations give the doc the legal right to share this info.

Iam not so worried about my Doctor Knowing, what Iam
    A: wondering is that can he tell that I am on gear by looking at blood test for accutane, which were like 4 different things, cholesterol, fat tissue in blood, and a couple more.
    B: and if I dont tell him and he cant tell iam on gear from blood test am I posing a risk my staying on use accutane?

Unless he tests for gear, there is no way that he can KNOW from those test but he may suspect. He will just see a negative lipid profile (cholesterol, tryglicerides)from the gear use. All the bad will be elevated. You have to know how to interpret the info he gives and work with it. Never admit it to the doc bro, and learn to be a better liar to him about gear. It is my best advice to you. I have seen it backfire on a few friends. Deny, deny, deny!!

I have taken small amounts of accutane while on gear and when not on gear and I noticed no difference, but everyone is different. The accutane has some nasty sides all by itself for some people. You can always stop the cycle if you want and start pct while on accutane. I didn't, but that is me though, and you have to work it out and learn to listen to your body.

bump

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with Gilster don't tell your doctor unless you are having a medical problem. I would not use an oral during this period. The doctor is basically going to be checking your liver values. It is very common with accutane. I see no reason why he would test for AAS.

Thread Information