Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member

Arimidex every third day?

Has anyone used arimidex 1mg every third day to prevent aromitaze? Is the half life 72 hours, and does that make a difference?

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    best to take it ED to keep the blood levels more stable. and only take .25 mg/ED

half life in 2-3 days. I would recomend either .25mg ed or .5mg eod is fine too.

khurrams is offline Associate Member
    I personally do half a pill every day throughout my cycle
    but the first doze should be a full one and then do half for the rest of your cycle

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Thanks guys, I was told by a longevity clinic I could go as long as four days (whole tab).

they are a doctors office of course they will say that. on HRT the doc was giving me 100mg/WEEK of test.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    terminal half life is 2 days so it needs to be administered at least to that frequency

poantrex is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    terminal half life is 2 days so it needs to be administered at least to that frequency
    No it doesn't. A half lfie of 2 days means that there is still 50% of the metabolites of the drug remaining.

There are clinical studies over at the national institute of health website showing stable blood levels achieved with 2 times a week dosing of arimidex . I don't know where this myth of every other day dosing is required, perhaps they don't understand what half life means.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    bump...waiting for pheedno to respond..

Quote Originally Posted by poantrex
    No it doesn't. A half lfie of 2 days means that there is still 50% of the metabolites of the drug remaining.

There are clinical studies over at the national institute of health website showing stable blood levels achieved with 2 times a week dosing of arimidex. I don't know where this myth of every other day dosing is required, perhaps they don't understand what half life means.

lol. I know what half life means bro and if it is lapsed you will get inconsistancy in blood plasma concentrations untill steady state is reached. Anastrozole is not even recomended less frequent than ED since plasma concentrations reach steady state at about 7 days of ED dosing. So by extending the dosing frequency you are prolonging the time to steady state. Additionally, steady-state levels are approx. four fold higher than levels after a single dose of anastrozole. The typical aas user starts administering E3D, E4D, E5D and he'll be half way through his cycle before he reaches consistancy in plasma concentraions. It is metabolised in about 72hrs, but shouldn't be administered to that frequency

chalk another one up for pheedno

Yeah, chalk another one up for him

I've seen studies showing steady state achieved with lower dosing frequency. Of course peak levels will be lower, but that doesn't mean that the drug REQUIRES EOD administration. I'll find it later on.

Quote Originally Posted by poantrex
    Yeah, chalk another one up for him

I've seen studies showing steady state achieved with lower dosing frequency. Of course peak levels will be lower, but that doesn't mean that the drug REQUIRES EOD administration. I'll find it later on.
    I'm not refuting your statement that steady state can be reached at a lower dosing frequency. But we are not patients being administered anastrozole for 5yr periods(which is how long the duration was in the study your speaking of)
    As I said above, the avergae aas user will be half way through his cycle if he administers it how your suggesting

Tribex is offline Associate Member
    Pheedno, your vast knowledge amazes us all....

Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    I'm not refuting your statement that steady state can be reached at a lower dosing frequency. But we are not patients being administered anastrozole for 5yr periods(which is how long the duration was in the study your speaking of)
    As I said above, the avergae aas user will be half way through his cycle if he administers it how your suggesting
    You made the statement that EOD administration is *required* for stable blood levels....or that is how I interpreted it. As we both know, that is not correct.

It doesn't take long to get stable blood concentrations with either dosing scheme, either.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    geez pheedno get your head out of your arse...

Take E3D if ya want..I wouldnt

You could take prop 1x a week too

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    geez pheedno get your head out of your arse...

Take E3D if ya want..I wouldnt

You could take prop 1x a week too
    You just nailed my next cycle down Billy

poantrex- Do not put words into my mouth. Furthermore this is the last on this subject that will be offered by myself. I'm not interested in a semantic debate.
    I said terminal half life is 2 days so it needs to be administered at least to that frequency - For the sole reason(as I said before) an AAS user will be well into his cycle before he reaches steady state. I know you'd be well into your cycle before you reached consistant levels with dosing as you've suggested

I'm speaking in respects to the steroid users perspective, not a clinical patient in a study.

Thread Information