Dmize9 is offline Associate Member

What Medical Tests To Run?

When coming off of a cycle, when is the best time to have some bloodwork done in order to insure that everything is functioning properly? Would it be immediately following PCT?....... Also what are the exact tests that I should request from my doctor?

Thanks.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    I would wait atleast 4-6 weeks after pct's...depending on what your aiming for i would get a blood panel that consists of:

GH
    IGF-1
    TEST (free,total,bioactive)
    estrogen
    actc
    cortisol
    T4
    T3
    rT3
    Tsh
    Dht
    fasting glucose
    insulin

This might require two visits, most males can only handle about 5 vials of blood per session, and this adds up to about 10.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    I would wait atleast 4-6 weeks after pct's...depending on what your aiming for i would get a blood panel that consists of:

GH
    IGF-1
    TEST (free,total,bioactive)
    estrogen
    actc
    cortisol
    T4
    T3
    rT3
    Tsh
    Dht
    fasting glucose
    insulin

This might require two visits, most males can only handle about 5 vials of blood per session, and this adds up to about 10.
    That's great info. I have an appointment coming in 3-4 weeks. Does one of those test cover your cholesterol as well that I'm not aware does? I'm going to get that checked as well myself.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Also I would get:

HDL
    LDL
    VLDL
    Total Cholesterol
    ASOT
    SGOT
    BUN
    Creatinine
    CBC w/differential

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Also I would get:

HDL
    LDL
    VLDL
    Total Cholesterol
    ASOT
    SGOT

BUN
    Creatinine
    CBC w/differential
    Good, I don't need to know what every single one means right? Think it will hinder me understanding what the results mean? See the bold.
    Last edited by ECoastVIP; 08-26-2004 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    Good, I don't need to know what every single one means right? Think it will hinder me understanding what the results mean?
    cholesterol, liver, kidney, and blood functions.

cholesterol, liver, kidney, and blood functions.
    Cool, that covers everything I wanted tested then. So am I looking at 3 visits maybe according to Mallet's post?

Cool, that covers everything I wanted tested then. So am I looking at 3 visits maybe according to Mallet's post?
    Well a trick I did earlier this year was to go to a new doctor and say I never had a doctor in my life and she ordered all of those tests to start a history. I had to pay out of pocket of course.

Well a trick I did earlier this year was to go to a new doctor and say I never had a doctor in my life and she ordered all of those tests to start a history. I had to pay out of pocket of course.
    My plan is to explain that my father had high cholesterol and as a kid I was warned by a doctor that mine was on the high/normal end. Therefore I want those tested. I also eat a very high protein diet and have heard time and time again that it can be hard on your liver. Also back when I was 18-19 I messed with some prohormones and I still worry that they may have messed up my natural test levels. I worry about this because I do sometimes feel lethargic and not motivated. Sound like a good story? Think I've got all the bases covered? I'm looking to pay as little as possible out of pocket.

My plan is to explain that my father had high cholesterol and as a kid I was warned by a doctor that mine was on the high/normal end. Therefore I want those tested. I also eat a very high protein diet and have heard time and time again that it can be hard on your liver. Also back when I was 18-19 I messed with some prohormones and I still worry that they may have messed up my natural test levels. I worry about this because I do sometimes feel lethargic and not motivated. Sound like a good story? Think I've got all the bases covered? I'm looking to pay as little as possible out of pocket.
    High Cholesterol - Family History - good, actually you can just request it, its encouraged.

High Protein would affect kidneys more than liver.

Say you did drugs to get your liver checked. Its embarrasing but it works. Heroin or alcohol will suffice.

Test and T3, blame lethargy and lack of sex drive.

High Cholesterol - Family History - good, actually you can just request it, its encouraged.

High Protein would affect kidneys more than liver. :thumbsup: I was thinking wrong. You're right.

Say you did drugs to get your liver checked. Its embarrasing but it works. Heroin or alcohol will suffice. Will do.

Test and T3, blame lethargy and lack of sex drive. And I'll throw in some sex drive issues as well
    Thanks. I hope this helps the original poster as well. I sorta did some jacking. This was something I had plans to research today so this worked perfect for me.
    Last edited by ECoastVIP; 08-26-2004 at 02:22 PM.

Thread Information