MONKEYNUTTZ is offline Junior Member

true or False?the more you weigh the more dosage yopu need?

Is this true? if two peole were to do the same cycle. one weighs 200lbs and one weighs 260lbs. and both do the same amout of AS will they get the same results ? or does the one who weighs more need to bump up the mgs?????

MONKEYNUTTZ is offline Junior Member
    bump ^

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    really depends on too many variables to correctly answer that... so all i can say is yes and no

Whiteyebrowe is offline Associate Member
    I d say in general yes. BUt some of the variables to consider as well would be,genetics,training diet,etc...
    Last edited by Whiteyebrowe; 03-02-2002 at 06:30 PM.

Gear101 is offline Member
    true that's one reason women take so much less

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: true or False?the more you weigh the more dosage yopu need?

Originally posted by MONKEYNUTTZ
    Is this true? if two peole were to do the same cycle. one weighs 200lbs and one weighs 260lbs. and both do the same amout of AS will they get the same results ? or does the one who weighs more need to bump up the mgs?????
    Absolutely true, o' monk bro. But the variables are greater than a simple difference between, say, 200 and 260 pounds. One has to consider height, weight, build, age, and any related medical factors.

Thus, the calculation of different dosages is not as simple as the difference between someone weighing 200 lbs. versus 260 lbs. Think about it from the differential perspective of someone who is, say, 5'6" and 130 lbs. compared with someone else who is 6'2" and 250 lbs.

Likewise, you also have to consider the individual, specific drug in question. Some drugs may be indicated at the same dosage regardless of height/weight, while others are calculated according to height and weight. (In fact, some pharmaceutical drugs are specifically dosed based on "x" mg. per lb. or kg of body weight.)

Your best bet: If you are talking about a specific pharmaceutical drug made in the United States, chances are that (1) it is listed in the Physician's Desk Reference, and/or (2) its prescribing information can be found on the web. So check the manufacturer's specification on the drug, then read the drug profiles on A.R., and calculate dose based on the factors discussed here, keeping in mind that therapeutic dosages are often different than the dosages you might qpply on an AS cycle.

Now, let me clarify that last paragraph by providing an example. Let's use testosterone cypionate . . . The therapeutic dose of cyp for, say, an adult with low test levels as a result of hypogonadism is 50-400 mg. every 2 to 4 weeks. In other words, a maximum of 800 mg. per month. Most patients will start with a therapeutic dosage of 200 mg. every three weeks, often moving to 200 mg. every two weeks, and possibly administering that as a divided dose of 100 mg. every 7 days based on the guidelines of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. The dosage period is infinite, since one you're on test for medical reasons as an adult, you are often on it for life. (This is not the case with teenagers who medically take test for delayed puberty; they are on for a finite period.)

But as any weight lifter will tell you, that is a low dosage for the average cycle. Most bodybuilders will use anywhere from 500 to 1,000 for a finite period, not for life. But what's the difference? How do you decide whether to use 500 mg. per week or 1,000 mg. per week? And for how many weeks? (For what it's worth, I do not generally recommend that anyone use 1,000 mg. of cyp per week, especially for an extended period and without lab testing. So kids, don't try this at home.)

This is where differences between our body sizes come into play. In other words, if we take our hypothetical two guys above, 500 mg. of cyp will impact the 5'6"-130 lb. guy much more profoundly than it will impact the 6'2"-250 lb. guy.

I will not presume to tell you how to dose any particular drug; no one can do that without a full statistical profile. But I hope this post will encourage you to do some individual research into any drug you are considering, realizing that, for the most part, there is no one "norm" that fits everyone.
    Last edited by TNT; 03-02-2002 at 08:50 PM.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    well,
    sk beat me to it, but i gotta say it anyways............nice post tnt, it seems like every post of yours that i read, i learn something new. thanks again brother.

peace bb79

Thread Information