Thread: need mad energy

bballs11 is offline New Member

need mad energy

Help-I need energy

I am a relief pitcher I used to taqke an ephedra based product before I would workout and before I would go into the game to pitch. Ever since ephedra has been banned I am screwed. I have tried the regular ephedrineHCL with caffeine pills but its not the same as the ephedr alkaloid (leaves/stems)

1. Is there anything prescription that will give me this quick burst?

2 Whatever,I have to do greenies etc?

All suggestios will help

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Who said you have to look for ephedra in the US?Is that part of the law as well?...lol..

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    I am not sure of your testing protocols but Pseudo-ephedrine is now off the IOC banned list as well as Caffeine

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    modafinil which is available by prescription or from overseas pharmacies. do a web search -- used by the military.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    if a drink a lot of coffee i'm wired for hours, but i don't take in a lot of caffine each day, so when i do i'm just wired

Dee-termined is offline Associate Member
    I found a product called "Thermo Max" and the SH*t is potent, if you come across it give it a try, it keeps me wired for about four hours and I have some pretty intense workouts on this stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigun
    I am not sure of your testing protocols but Pseudo-ephedrine is now off the IOC banned list as well as Caffeine
    Are you talking about the pseudo-ephedrine off the shelf?

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    What is the difference between Modafinil / Adrafinil and conventional stimulants?
    Many stimulant chemicals, such as caffeine, methylphenidate (RitalinŽ), AdderallŽ (amphetamine salts) dexedrine, and methamphetamine, are known to produce similar alerting/energizing effects, yet are highly addictive. Modafinil (Provigil) and Adrafinil have been described as gentler stimulants with much less anxiety, agitation, jitteriness, excess locomotor activity and insomnia associated with conventional stimulants. Central nervous stimulants (CNS) such as amphetamine or pemoline are the most widely used drugs to treat narcolepsy, hypersomnia and catoplexy, but these have a number of well documented problems, such as cardiovascular side effects, interference with sleep, psychiatric disturbances and addiction. The use of these "classic" stimulants such as amphetamines threaten to reduce total sleep time and REM sleep, this will ultimately mean higher and higher doses are required and thus creates cycle of dependency. In contrast to stimulants like amphetamine and caffeine, Modafinil (Provigil) and Adrafinil do not disturb sleep patterns or cause withdrawal symptoms. The effects of Modafinil (Provigil) and Adrafinil are totally different from the other psychostimulants such as amphetamine, caffeine, or ephedrine. These substances only lead to fleeting stimulation and cause problems of tolerance when they are used for long periods. Modafinil (Provigil) and Adrafinil do not stimulate dopaminergic neurons in the nigrostriatal region of the brain [De Sereville et al. ,1994]. As a result, the stimulatory effect of Modafinil (Provigil) and Adrafinil on vigilance and locomotor activity (movement) is not associated with anxiety side effects [Simon et al,1994). Furthermore, in a double-blind cross-over study of 16 "healthy volunteers" (half men and half women, all moderate caffeine users), Warot and colleagues [1993] found that the subjective effects of Modafinil (Provigil) "differed markedly" from amphetamine and were "close" to those of an equal amount of caffeine. They concluded that modafinil "does not possess amphetamine-like subjective effects in a healthy population," and speculated that it probably has low abuse potential.

woodiechopper

Woodchuck,

Thanks for the info?

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    hey bballs11, if you still want to use something with ephedrine in it, i can send you a link to where you can still get some tabs.. i usually just drink a red bull,,, i have no idea what else is in it besides caffeine but red bull works wonders for me in the gym.

Thread Information