SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member

Advice For Newbie

I'm 29 years old. 6' 2" 190 lbs 8% bf Test 847. I HAVE BEEN THIS F@#*ING SIZE FOR 5 OR 6 YEARS. I've adjusted the hell out of my diets and workouts and see minimal gains. A friend of mine, former IFBB Pro, thinks I hit my genetic plateau and COULD use to break through it. I know nothing about roids and he never used but obviously knows a lot of guys who did and do. Where should I start? Read The Anabolic Review cover to cover? See a doctor and get analyzed? Just looking to put on 20 quality pounds, not more. Thanks for any advice.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe you will hit your genetic limit once you gain 30+ lbs. of solid muscle. And at your height it seems like you still have room for growth. Sometimes I think I'm eating enough and only get minimal gains, and at this point I still have to step up my diet. I would suggest reading up in the diet section and reading the "bulking diet" and see how yours stacks up to it.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you ever took a noticeable or lengthy time of rest or a break inbetween your workout cycles? A minimum of 10 days is the suggested break period to give your CNS a long enough rest before you can start pounding it again after working out for 6+ weeks in a row.

I didn't believe it until I tried it. I grew right after and my strength went up a few notches.

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Have you ever took a noticeable or lengthy time of rest or a break inbetween your workout cycles? A minimum of 10 days is the suggested break period to give your CNS a long enough rest before you can start pounding it again after working out for 6+ weeks in a row.

I didn't believe it until I tried it. I grew right after and my strength went up a few notches.
    No shiit? I was wondering about this the other day. So taking a week to 10 day break every 6 to 8 weeks will help with gains, huh? I usually take 3 days off every 2 to 3 weeks. Maybe I will give this a shot in the future.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, ever 6 weeks, take 10-14 days off. What people forget is what triggers your muscle to grow and what triggers Cortisol to release...your CNS!

However, it takes a minimum of 10 days for your CNS to fully recover (give or take 2 days depending on how your body and genetics are). It's the science behind the whole "shock your body" routines.

I know two dudes, strong and full as they come and they take off the last week of every month no matter what.

Their split look something like 3 weeks on, 1 week off then repeat.

Also, you may want to look up Periodization Training, I think you could benefit from that.

Good luck bro!

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I definitely tried the periodization thing. I've tried the week off. I've gone from a 2000-3500 calorie diet adjusting carbs and fat the whole time. I always see some sort of gains, but they don't stay on. I can visualize being 210 lbs., but I can't imagine getting there conventionally because I've already tried everything. I think I've been training long enough to do my first safe cycle. We'll see what happens!

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Man i just try to changing the lifts and man I havent been
    down to 210 since my freshman year in the highschool.

Thread Information