Juice in the military??

No i'm not in the service, but it seems like a lot of people who are; are hittin it hard...my g/f's little bro joined the marines and came back looking like a tank. Before then he looked like a twig.

Whats the deal? Do they test? Do they encourage it secretly?
    Its one thing to go and drop B/F% and get cut but these guys are getting huge...whats up with that?

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    they also eat a crap load of food and train everyday. I am doubting with the government coming down so hard on steroids that the military is secretly handing it out.

Jrock79 is offline Junior Member
    nah but its possible they are obtaining it overseas....I had a friend stationed overseas and came back....told me straight out it was easy to get over there

Quote Originally Posted by Jrock79
    nah but its possible they are obtaining it overseas....I had a friend stationed overseas and came back....told me straight out it was easy to get over there
    Now thats what i figured...if you were head of a military company would you rather have your boys juiced or...not. easy question

Gills is offline Associate Member
    Here is the deal with steroid testing in the USMC. We have random drug tests, but they only screen for THC/coke/meth/heroin and the like. If your command suspects you may be taking AAS they can order a test for AAS. Now realisticly, This is only going to happen for a couple of reasons. 1. They caught you with AAS in your romm, and need the positive test for convictions, or 2. You did something really stupid (i.e. kicked the **** out of your CO). No on secretly hands AAS out to the Marine Corps, and you will spend time in the brig if you are cuaght.

pujols99 is offline New Member
    I was in the marines for 4 years, and the exact same thing happened to me. I went to a 13 week basic training at 170 lbs, and came out a a very lean and hard 195. There's no secret.... the daily regiment of pushups, pullups and excercise will make you look like you've been juicing. The only form of punishment they know is pushups or pullups. It was not uncommon to get to sleep at night after having done 250 to 300 pushups, or 150 to 200 pullups each day for screwing up. It's the most incredible and unbearable training program you could possibly imagine...... of course after gaining that much size, it did make me want to get much bigger. So even if you're not using it when you're in, it is most definitely a precursor to wanting the gear!

akiraproject24 is offline Junior Member
    No its not encouraged. In fact they do random monthly pee tests by social security number. If someone pops on it usually they will be busted down (lose rank), serve possible brig time and then get kicked out with a dishonorable or other than honorable discharge which will ruin all chances at ever getting a good job. The fact that a lot of marines use it usually is due to location where its highly available. Especially southern cali where you have tiujuana right next to you. I did 4 years and saw a lot of that crap going on. If someone is in the service they should stick to the o'natural style till they are free. Hope this helps.

gotcha, granted they work there *ss off harder than just about anyone who regularly works out but the question still remains:

Did your friends in your company juice??

jesse_james is offline Member
    ive got a friend whos done a few cycles while in the marines. he says hes not the only one. he usually gets them when hes home and takes them to his base, but he has gt them from overseas to. he rekons the officers have a good idea that a few ppl are juicin but they choose to ignore it. as gills stated they never test for steroids

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    On the topic of coming back huge from basic/advanced training. That's a load of crap. Everyone I know who went to basic came back skinnier and lighter than when they left. I havn't seen ONE person who gained substantial weight while in training. There is a perfectly reasonable explaination for that too... continuous pushups, situps, flutter fuc*king kicks and hit-its ain't gonna get your azz big, it will get you toned, defined maybe, but not BIG.

I also challenge the convention that their diet helps them grow big. That is CRAP too. I don't know if any of you have been to boot before, but you eat THREE times a day, with no snacking. You can eat alot, but you still only eat three times a day. PT is done in the morning on an empty stomach. Your body is very catabolic during those times, and the endurance training will devour any significant muscle you start boot with.

I speak from experience and observation, not to mention it is logically sound.

On the topic of coming back huge from basic/advanced training. That's a load of crap. Everyone I know who went to basic came back skinnier and lighter than when they left. I havn't seen ONE person who gained substantial weight while in training. There is a perfectly reasonable explaination for that too... continuous pushups, situps, flutter fuc*king kicks and hit-its ain't gonna get your azz big, it will get you toned, defined maybe, but not BIG.

I also challenge the convention that their diet helps them grow big. That is CRAP too. I don't know if any of you have been to boot before, but you eat THREE times a day, with no snacking. You can eat alot, but you still only eat three times a day. PT is done in the morning on an empty stomach. Your body is very catabolic during those times, and the endurance training will devour any significant muscle you start boot with.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by m16a2

you do eat 3 times a day, but each meal is packed with calories, salt and fat. and i know quite a few people who put on weight after returning from paris island, so that is possible.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    well, when you start using pushups as transportation instead of exercise all kinds of stuff happens.. ..and I swear that once we got past D&C, if we were upright we were running, so the bf may decrease but lbm is going to increase

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    I know that when I finished boot camp I lost nearly 10 pounds and I was very lean to start with. I think for our final weigh in only about 3 or 4 recruits actually gained weight while they were there. I don't remember anyone getting big either. I do however remember seeing some of the guys that were in my platoon a few months after boot camp and they got huge, mostly fat though. I think boot camp helps to change your metabolism so that once you are able to eat correctly and train with wieghts you blow up.

REV
    REV is offline New Member
    Yea you also don't get enought sleep to grow during basic training, 8hrs on paper but in reality u will be lucky to sleep 7 and mostly get like 6 in.
    I remember when I did it, I never ate so much in my life lol, I would hit the mess 3 times a days and just eat so much food,
    loads of food. All the simple carb crappy food that I wouldn't even dare eat now, followed by massive deserts and stuff. And when they let us hit the army shops we would all eat so much junk food and chocolate that I would get head spins from all the sugar lol.
    But they kept us so active that I still lost a **** load of weight when I got back, I've never been able to get that lean in a short amount of time with any diet and cardio rutiene or supplements, it was crazzy.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I disagree with m16a and the reason is I myself was a skinny 120lbs. My basic was only 6 wks (I have 12yrs active Army & Airforce) the food is fatting and you eat like a pig after all the exercises. And most have never exercised before so the body is shocked. After I left and went to my training base I could not fit in my old clothes! So its very likey he gained some weight. From my experience if someone is skinny they will gain & someone that is slightly overweight they lose. AAS is not handed out in the military guys who do juice are stationed overseas like turkey.
    Last edited by bluethunder; 08-28-2004 at 07:59 AM.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Oh to be stationed over seas...

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    I disagree with m16a and the reason is I myself was a skinny 120lbs. My basic was only 6 wks (I have 12yrs active Army & Airforce) the food is fatting and you eat like a pig after all the exercises. And most have never exercised before so the body is shocked. After I left and went to my training base I could not fit in my old clothes! So its very likey he gained some weight. From my experience if someone is skinny they will gain & someone that is slightly overweight they lose. AAS is not handed out in the military guys who do juice are stationed overseas like turkey.
    OK, that is one far stretched argument. SO if you have NO LBM, then obviously activity + food is going to put weight on you. But that doesn't even fit into the realm of this conversation, since I am assuming all of us have a training regimen and most of us have a good amount of LBM already. Obviously, if someone who has no fat, and no muscle goes to any training, he will gain weight. But, then again, that is a no brainer.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    You don't think the military would slip a little D-bol in the food would ya??

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    Who know's what's in all them shots they give ya

justaname is offline Junior Member
    I doubt anyone with any rank would actually in any way distribute gear to troops that being said however I know for a fact they look the other way. Big strong troops are the kind you want.

bigbadbootydaddy is offline Associate Member
    You don't think the military would slip a little D-bol in the food would ya??

no the only thing they slip in food or water is saltpeter

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think I would need at least a gram of test and 600 of deca ew to make it through Iraq.... if it were me I would be asking you guys everyday to mail that sh...t to me if I was over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    I think I would need at least a gram of test and 600 of deca ew to make it through Iraq.... if it were me I would be asking you guys everyday to mail that sh...t to me if I was over there.
    I don't know how many guys in iraq are juicing, but I doubt many. The temperature and operations over there wouldn't be too friendly to juice in my opinion. Not to mention the deployments are 12-18 months, so I would hate to go through the downtime while there.

And about the commanding officers... if a senior NCO has a problem with you for any reason, and they know your juicing, they will make sure you get fried. The beautiful thing about the military is that they do not "fire" you. So busting you for AAS would just save the military money with your loss of rank of witholdings of payments for minimum of 3 months. Basically, if your juicing is known, make sure you don't piss off the wrong people.

Thread Information