qccat is offline Associate Member

when to use clen, during sports?

i've done some research on clen and im just beginning a football season. I was just curious if anyone had ever taken this during season and how it worked out for you, or if it is not smart to do this due to the fact that it elevates body temp, etc. I posted in the football section but got no responses. Just curious about any of your experiences or advice. thanks fellas

Fpot66 is offline Junior Member
    You would probably get some crazy cramps if you were to do this. I drink 2 gallons of water a day, take potassium supps, 7g of taurine a day and a bannana and I still get some nasty cramps if I stress too hard.

Fpot66

somedude247 is offline Member
    You prob could get away with it bro, I take it on days where I play hockey (pickup) and have no problems whatsoever. Some say you could get cramps, but I have yet to have any side-effects with clen other than shakes and sweating, but those aren't too bad
    Last edited by somedude247; 08-25-2004 at 11:13 AM.

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    I can't swear it was the clen but I restarted taking it on Sunday, played hockey on Monday night and my heart was palpitating the whole time even on the bench. It can't be good for cardiovascular since your heart beat will be elevated. Maybe I was just not through the acclimatization phase.

khurrams is offline Associate Member
    Clen will make you lethargic and at times it gives you that crappy feeling like you don't wanna do anything......like Fspot66 said Drink 2 gallons of water, 6 g of taurine, take potassium sups and also take garlic extract....since it prevents prostate cramps....I don't know about you guys but I have had my prostate tighten up on me while Im sleeping or sometimes when Im at the gym....while on clen....Im currently doing the 2 week on 2 week off cycle with E/C/A stack on the off days and its giving me some pretty good results....

so the consensus seems to be that it might not be so good during sports, but would it still have the same effects (shedding bodyfat and anticatobolic) during the season. and for you guys that play hockey, did it make you feel like you had an advantage on the ice. thanks

rambo is offline The Lord God
    NO. Do not run clen during strenous aerobic activity, especially something as cv taxing as football. Lifting on clen only works because the dosage time (AM) and the workouts (PM) are far enough apart for the effects to be less pronounced. You are risking serious CV damage and more by doing this.

artcien is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somedude247
    You prob could get away with it bro, I take it on days where I play hockey (pickup) and have no problems whatsoever. Some say you could get cramps, but I have yet to have any side-effects with clen other than shakes and sweating, but those aren't too bad
    When you guys get side effects like that just don't pay much attention and keep doing it? is that normal under this drugs?

I was thinking of going into a clen cycle soon, but I don't like what I read here. I used Xenadrine back when it had Ephedra and I suspended it because I had shakes and could not sleep well.

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Then clen didnt bother me during practice.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    I would be more worried about breathing difficulties. I've made the mistake of doing clen before cardio and thought I was going to pass out because I could not breath correctly.

Yeah it was **** hard to breath but i still didnt **** up
    man.

so even if the clen was taken early in the A.M (7 ish) and practice wasnt until 4, thats still too dangerous, in that it could mess up breathing, etc?

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Id go with some Anavar or something. At least make sure you're cool to take it. Many have died from temp elevation from ephedra while playing sports,..imagine clen . Ive taken ephedra for years and have only had one close encounter. Get a physical first,..if you choose other wise,...start anavar now.

Yeah the more water you drink the better but still temp elevation would
    be a problem.

somedude247 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    I would be more worried about breathing difficulties. I've made the mistake of doing clen before cardio and thought I was going to pass out because I could not breath correctly.

The clen actually helped out my breathing, I am an asthmatic, clen works great for breathing difficulities. As long as I take the clen before 4 pm, I have no problem sleeping most of the time.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somedude247
    The clen actually helped out my breathing, I am an asthmatic, clen works great for breathing difficulities. As long as I take the clen before 4 pm, I have no problem sleeping most of the time.
    yeah, I can see how it would help you, being a brochial dialator and all, but non-asthmatics don't need that. Then again, it coulda just been me.

Preetz is offline Associate Member
    use it affter ur game if u sue it during or before it ur hearts gonna pump like mother ****er and thats not good! uz it already pumps hard enough when ur on clen but when ur playin foootball its gonna come flying outta ur chest

couple of points -- you develop a tolerance for it but it's powerful stuff, which is why you build up. After I built up, it wasn't as bad but I found it gave me a cough and sore lungs.

if you're physically active, you don't need it. I measured my calorie burn at hockey the other night and it was 900 calories per hour. Do that 3 times a week and eat well and you'll burn the fat off. the only advantage I can see to clen is that it helps to preserve the muscle mass by being anti-catabolic.

i would wait till off-season and then try it. It takes about a week for most people to build up to normal levels without major shakes.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    I can tell you as a performer clen seriously ruins your cardiovascular conditioning. It's like that feeling when you are out of breath and can't catch it, just it doesn't stop once it starts. AND it starts much faster then normally. It goes away days after you stop your cycle but while on you really can't play anything strenuous. For that reason alone I have to plan my clen cycles carefully.

thanks a lot, i think that pretty much gives me what i wanted to know...good advice all!

I experimented by measuring my BP and heart beat and found that the effects disappear within 2 days after discontinuing.

Thread Information