emplate is offline New Member

Ques for the experts about inj. Vit B12 / B6 for weightloss ?

hey all i just like to get some feedback about these injections some weightloss clinics use, i know they inject b12/b6 mixed together 3 times a week <sister was on this diet> ...

its a very low calorie/low fat/low carb diet, puts your body into ketosis,.. they allow you about 800calories a day+a multivitamin+25meq tablets of potassium 3 times a day called but they say to help eat fat on contact they subq into say mens stomachs b6/b12 3 times a week, and its clinically supervised/you lose about a 1lb a day..

now ive heard b12 all over the board for obvious reasons energy etc, but why is the b6 valid? sometimes they inject bcomp instead... any insight from you pros would be great, thanks

Steroids101 is offline Member
    B vitamins are very important for the metabolism of proteins and carbohydrates. Thats a terrible diet though, the weight you lose is all from muscle glycogen and water (well yes you do lose fat but I doubt you will keep it off).

They might use it to combat the depression of being on a low calorie diet, I know when I was shooting it everyday I felt great.

That diet is a load of crap though.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    all of the b vitamins are very good for the body you can google a search and find where they are found naturally and what they do. I do know from experience that a b12 shot is virtually painless but a b complex shot will cause some pain. Hope this tidbit helps.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Some are injefcting b12 to increase appetite, i think this kind of diet is a big scam...they give you injection just too convince you that this is the ultimate diet and you will loose fat so quick it requieres vitamin injections just too keep everything ok...

sound diet, cardio, and exercise program is the answer to loosing weight not some BS vitamine b12 plan...my 0.02 cents...XXL

styles-money is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like Dr. Bernstein's to me. I know a few people that have done it, as well as someone that used to work at the clinic. This is a very unhealthy diet. Regardless of the injections they're taking, eat that little and you're going to lose weight.

Granted the majority of that is muscle loss, but most if not all their clients are females, so I suppose they aren't so concerned about that.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    check out the nutritional forum for some of swolecat's diet info...he knows his sh*t....

Thread Information