THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries

HRT guy needs cycle advice

Hey guys,

I am on hormone replacement therapy and take 100 to 200MGS EW.
    I decided to run a cycle and take it up to 600MGS EW and have been on about 2 months. I wasn't seeing much in results so I figured maybe I am always on test and need to stack it for results so I threw in 300MGS deca EW and .5 adex EOD about two weeks ago.
    I have notice my strength starting to increase right before I added deca and still getting strong. I think the deca has yet to kick in though.
    Overall I haven't really noticed any physical gains and only gained a couple pounds.
    Ten years ago I ran two cyles and both times I put on 10 to 15 pounds so I am not sure why things are progressing so slow.

Stats:
    Mid 40's
    6'
    215 pounds
    13%

Gym:
    3 days a week weights. Each body part once a week. Cardio two to three times on off days. 30 minutes on a bike. Medium intensity.

Diet:
    7Am 4 eggs and slice of toast
    9AM muscle milk and banana
    11AM chicken or steak with rice and veggies
    2PM chicken or steak with veggies
    7PM salad, steak or chicken, rice or pasta, veggies

Gear:
    600MG test-C EW- 8 weeks in
    300MG Deca- just added two weeks ago
    .5 adex EOD
    No pct- I am on HRT

Any advice would be appreciated.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    1st off, 300mg of deca isnt very much mate, id go 400mg tbh and it will take afew weeks more to kick in. you have a 5hr gap btween meals 2-7 and nothing at all btween 7 and bed, your missing out at least three protein meals there. breakfast is weak, id go with oats and a shake, you can mix a couple of raw eggs in your shake. this is just a quick overview, check out the vids in the diet section, very informative.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THORSZ View Post
    Hey guys,

I am on hormone replacement therapy and take 100 to 200MGS EW.
    I decided to run a cycle and take it up to 600MGS EW and have been on about 2 months. I wasn't seeing much in results so I figured maybe I am always on test and need to stack it for results so I threw in 300MGS deca EW and .5 adex EOD about two weeks ago.
    I have notice my strength starting to increase right before I added deca and still getting strong. I think the deca has yet to kick in though.
    Overall I haven't really noticed any physical gains and only gained a couple pounds.
    Ten years ago I ran two cyles and both times I put on 10 to 15 pounds so I am not sure why things are progressing so slow.

Stats:
    Mid 40's
    6'
    215 pounds
    13%

Gym:
    3 days a week weights. Each body part once a week. Cardio two to three times on off days. 30 minutes on a bike. Medium intensity.

Diet:
    7Am 4 eggs and slice of toast
    9AM muscle milk and banana
    11AM chicken or steak with rice and veggies
    2PM chicken or steak with veggies
    7PM salad, steak or chicken, rice or pasta, veggies

Gear:
    600MG test-C EW- 8 weeks in
    300MG Deca- just added two weeks ago
    .5 adex EOD
    No pct- I am on HRT

Any advice would be appreciated.
    not ness true, im on trt also, and have made gains while on the trt dose. i find it good for maintaining/gaining when off a cycle

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by declan11 View Post
    not ness true, im on trt also, and have made gains while on the trt dose. i find it good for maintaining/gaining when off a cycle
    Don't get me wrong. I am getting results from TRT, but not cycle results.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I'd up the deca personally, 500 to 600mg/week for 12 to 14 weeks. I'd also cut or drop the adex unless history shows for sure you need it.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I'd up the deca personally, 500 to 600mg/week for 12 to 14 weeks. I'd also cut or drop the adex unless history shows for sure you need it.
    Only problem is i think the deca is affecting my libido so I am not sure if I want to increase. I have never had a problem in that department before. Any thoughts?

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    1st off, 300mg of deca isnt very much mate, id go 400mg tbh and it will take afew weeks more to kick in. you have a 5hr gap btween meals 2-7 and nothing at all btween 7 and bed, your missing out at least three protein meals there. breakfast is weak, id go with oats and a shake, you can mix a couple of raw eggs in your shake. this is just a quick overview, check out the vids in the diet section, very informative.
    I agree that I might need to eat more often. I am getting enough protien, but I do have a big gap. Still suprised I am not growing.....
    Do you think my appetite will increase when the deca kicks in?

Big
    the deca should not cause problems with the test present, you might consider a modest dose of bromo or caber

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    you can mix a couple of raw eggs in your shake. this is just a quick overview

NEVER eat raw eggs. Your body can't metabolize the protein anyways so no point, eggs HAVE to be cooked to have much biological value to the body.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nwjt View Post
    NEVER eat raw eggs. Your body can't metabolize the protein anyways so no point, eggs HAVE to be cooked to have much biological value to the body.
    show me proof of this. loads of conflicting theories over this, some say its better than cooked, some say you lose 40% of the bio-availablity. no definative answer
    Last edited by dec11; 06-20-2010 at 08:12 PM.

show me proof of this. loads of conflicting theories over this, some say its better than cooked, some say you lose 40% of the bio-availablity. no definative answer
    protein folding.

/Topic

WIll have to dig some stuff up.

Big
    protein folding.

/Topic

that's proof? I think many of us were hoping for actual proof.

Blog Entries
    protein folding.

/Topic

proof? lol, i think i'll continue with my eggy ways for the time being.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    proof? lol, i think i'll continue with my eggy ways for the time being.

Bro, how many eggs do you drink a day?

that's proof? I think many of us were hoping for actual proof.
    That ain't proof. Ehh, will have to get off my lazy butt and find it.

Also, don't stare into the sun either because if you do, you'll become a math genious and some Amish guys will try to kill you beause you keep running into some 120 digit number over and over. The whole thing will drive you nuts and you'll have to drill a hole in your head so you can't do math anymore.

Just FYI.

Big
    That ain't proof. Ehh, will have to get off my lazy butt and find it.

Also, don't stare into the sun either because if you do, you'll become a math genious and some Amish guys will try to kill you beause you keep running into some 120 digit number over and over. The whole thing will drive you nuts and you'll have to drill a hole in your head so you can't do math anymore.

Just FYI.
    good to know

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    i all for cooking eggs then eating them raw, ill post up a few studies.
    sorry OP for hijacking.

Am J Physiol 1999 Nov;277(5 Pt 1):G935-43 Related Articles, Links

Amount and fate of egg protein escaping assimilation in the small intestine of humans.

Evenepoel P, Claus D, Geypens B, Hiele M, Geboes K, Rutgeerts P, Ghoos Y.

Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Louvain, Belgium.

Studies attempting to evaluate protein assimilation in humans have hitherto relied on either ileostomy subjects or intubation techniques. The availability of stable isotope-labeled protein allowed us to determine the amount and fate of dietary protein escaping digestion and absorption in the small intestine of healthy volunteers using noninvasive tracer techniques. Ten healthy volunteers were studied once after ingestion of a cooked test meal, consisting of 25 g of (13)C-, (15)N-, and (2)H-labeled egg protein, and once after ingestion of the same but raw meal. Amounts of 5.73% and 35.10% (P < 0.005) of cooked and raw test meal, respectively, escaped digestion and absorption in the small intestine. A significantly higher percentage of the malabsorbed raw egg protein was recovered in urine as fermentation metabolites. These results 1) confirm that substantial amounts of even easily digestible proteins may escape assimilation in healthy volunteers and 2) further support the hypothesis that the metabolic fate of protein in the colon is affected by the amount of protein made available.

------------- Another study

Egg white protein is generally considered to be less digestible than heat-pretreated egg white protein...In this study, it was shown that after ingestion of 25 g of raw egg protein, almost 50% is malabsorbed over 24 h. The higher digestibility of cooked egg protein presumably results from structural changes in the protein molecule induced by heating, thereby enabling the digestive enzymes to gain broader access to the peptide bonds. It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white (Matthews 1990).

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

so according to those studies, the BV is about 50-60% for raw eggs and around 90% for cooked, but in the long run im sure a few grams of protein doesnt make a difference

good to know
    Go watch PI.

http://www.letmewatchthis.com/watch-12199-Pi

Big
    are you on drugs? I'm curious because you aren't making a bit of sense. I've tried to help you several times, yet you seem to be calling me out, which wouldn't be the wisest thing to do at this board.

Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    so according to those studies, the BV is about 50-60% for raw eggs and around 90% for cooked, but in the long run im sure a few grams of protein doesnt make a difference
    Thanks, there's a bunch of other typs of evidence like this. But thanks for posting it so I don't have to stop being lazy.

Blog Entries
    Bro, how many eggs do you drink a day?
    6 whole eggs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    and theres as many studies on the net to rubbish the theory

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    To the OP, you may need to up the dose of your compounds and the libido issue could be estrogen related, stop the a-dex or cut it down.

To the egg man, what on earth are you one about!! lol

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Are you saying to just hang on to my adex incase I get signs of gyno? Couldn't it be too late by then?

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    To the OP, you may need to up the dose of your compounds and the libido issue could be estrogen related, stop the a-dex or cut it down.

To the egg man, what on earth are you one about!! lol
    Go watch the movie, its funny.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    6 whole eggs
    What else do you put in the drink and what kind of oats? I might have to give it a try.

Blog Entries
    What else do you put in the drink and what kind of oats? I might have to give it a try.
    i just cook up some porridge and throw in a handfull of grapes and have my shake n eggs straight afta

and theres as many studies on the net to rubbish the theory
    post them up

Thread Information