THE PUMP is offline Member

Question cardio wen bulking?

Do any of you guys do any cardio when bulking ive alwas just ate lifted and slept never really bothered with cardio untill after the bulking cycle so whats your opinion on the subject boys ''to cardio or not to cardio?''

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Cardio can be argued both ways (good or bad) as to implications in bulking. Its my opinion though that it is more counterproductive than helpful, and don't do it.

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    I haven't been doin it while my bulking cycle either. Only once a week

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    It will keep off excess fat. I did do too much my first bulking cycle, but i think ill add it to the mix for my next one.

im a runner, so i do it some, but even at that i dont do it much while bulking.

thats ridiculous, why work every muscle in your body except your heart. too put on a couple extra pounds is nothing compared to a leaner body thats still just as big. don't ever leave out cardio...who on this forum wants to look smooth? Nobody. even while you're bulking you should stay fit aerobically.

i guess you dont know much about slow twitch-fast twitch muscles and the way they compete with each other.

but the best way to get in cardio while bulking is high intensity sprints. your not risking the slow twitch take over and you are still building fast twitch muscles while getting in a cardio workout. 5x40, 5x60 2 times a week for starters. 10x60m, 5x100m, 2x200m, 3 times a week for people who have done these workouts before.

Quote Originally Posted by enid_sprinter
    i guess you dont know much about slow twitch-fast twitch muscles and the way they compete with each other.
    who are you talking too?

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnystick77
    thats ridiculous, why work every muscle in your body except your heart. too put on a couple extra pounds is nothing compared to a leaner body thats still just as big. don't ever leave out cardio...who on this forum wants to look smooth? Nobody. even while you're bulking you should stay fit aerobically.
    Your heart gets a good "workout" while doing weights. Your choices of bulking foods should determine wether or not you look smooth or not, the only real advantage I see to do cardio during bulking is increased insulin sensitivity.

Bro, thats your opinion. i'm not talking about nutrition. yeah, your heart gets activity during anaerobic workouts such as lifting but nothing like an aerobic workout. my .02 is to include "some" cardio during bulking. thats thats.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Listen to this guy, he's right......look up what he's talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnystick77
    who are you talking too?
    you.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    well i do cardio during bulking, i'm thinking of doing 2 or 3 sessions, IMO its good to keep your heart in shape, keeps the fat off, because the next time i bulk, i'm going to eat as much as possible, and plus, when i'm lifting i don't always get a heart pumping work out in, because i take 2 or 3 minutes off between sets, so i can lift as much as possible, but at times i do, for instance, when i did squat a few days ago, i was sweating, and getting a quick heart rate, this is JMO though, i agree that sprints would be a good source of cardio during bulking though as well, i never go out and run miles any more, i might get on the eliptical, but thats about it

you can burn twice as many calories in a 20 minutes session of high intensity sprints than you can with running for an hour straight.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    you can burn twice as many calories in a 20 minutes session of high intensity sprints than you can with running for an hour straight.
    yup, i don't like running long distances to well, i did it and now i'm for the most part through with it, i might walk, but not really go out and jog, and i like sprints cuz they are a powerful movement

i'm not sure how i got brought into a conversation about muscle fibers and fascia....i'm just giving my opinion to this guy that he could benefit from a little cardio while bulking. why does this sh*t get turned into who knows more. thats childsplay

RAM2500 is offline Member
    My last cycle consisted of 750mg of Test only. I lifted 5 days aweek for 2 hours and ran about 12-15 miles aweek. I gained 15lbs of what I consider lean muscle. I don't want my body fat going from 9% to 15% on a test cycle, I would rarther look cut than big. just my .02

Thread Information