Stealthy is offline Junior Member

Hernia questions.

I found out from the family doc that the lump below my abs is indeed a hernia. Tuesday i see the hernia doc. Should he be informed that I was running a deca /test cycle for 8 weeks? I don't want to confess to the aas use, but would there be any safety precautions that they should know about before surgery?
    Also, should I still continue taking my nolva/clomid daily? Does this have any effect on surgery?

Thanks for the help.

larry3436 is offline Associate Member
    I would tell him.....hes your doctor and it will be confidential.I had 1 about 10 years ago(long before roids).All it is is a rip in your muscle that cant heal itself because your guts keep pushing out the hole , he put a mesh screen in there that discinegrates over time to keep my guts in and it healed right up.

I dont see how roids would complicate this.....but you are dealing with a ripped muscle , so id be safe and tell em.

detroit is offline Banned
    Just had hernia surgery about 4 weeks ago, i have been back in the gym for almost 2 weeks now. Piece of cake...just get it fixed.

If you are currently on a cycle, i would stop now depending on when you surgery is?? I think surgeons worry about excess bleeding when patients are using AS. Better to tell him to be safe, unless your finished with your cycle and your not going to have surgery in the next month.

Heres a link to my original thread on my surgery...
    Hernia surgery tomorrow

Stealthy is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the link. It has been about 2 weeks since my last shot.

Marc Angelo is offline Junior Member
    If you are buff and look like a bodybuilder, I would not tell the doctor I am using steroids because Doctors are very hard to reason with, even though I have found that their knowledtge of steroids is minimal. On the other hand most doctors just by looking at you may assume you are on roids. SO I will just ask for some blood test, liver test, etc. BUT IF YOU TELL HIM you are on steroids that will stay on your medical record. Once in the medical record that info may stick with you for life. IF inb 5 years you want a life insurance policy and they request your medical exam you will be declined for being ahigh risk...I prefer to give the doc a hint or make him wonder about my use than to admit to it.

Thread Information