statuZ is offline Banned

Anadrol Study (interesting).

Hey guys, im writing a research paper on steroids for my class, but i found this study on one credible site and i thought it was pretty **** intresting check it out.

Another study tested one of the most powerful and reputedly dangerously toxic anabolic steroids for 30 weeks on HIV positive men and women. Oxymetholone, formerly known as Anadrol in the U.S. and a C-17 alkylated oral steroid , was administered in a dosage of over 1,000 mg per week (more than that used by many bodybuilders, and for a much longer duration of uninterrupted use). The results were significant gains in lean muscle mass--even without any weightlifting. Even more importantly--and surprisingly--there were no significant problems with liver function, water retention, or virilization side effects (it will be interesting to see whether further studies yield consistent findings at such high dosages).

While the dangers of anabolies to athletes' livers appear to have been highly exaggerated, it must be recognized that an apparently healthy athlete with a previously existing but undiscovered liver problem could do serious damage to himself by self-administering C-17 oral anabolic steroids. For this reason alone, it would be quite irresponsible for any athlete to use anabolic steroids without having a physician regularly conduct blood tests to monitor liver function.

i for one found this intresting, becuase i had always thought that anadrol was extremely toxic but this kind of relieved me of that thought. I dont know it just goes to show you what all the media hype can put into someones mind. i got it from a school online resource database.

Source Citation: "The Health Risks of Steroid Use Have Been Exaggerated" by Rick Collins. Performance-Enhancing Drugs James Haley, Ed. At Issue Series. Greenhaven Press, 2003. From "Health Risks of Anabolic Steroids ," by Rick Collins, www.steroidlaw.com, 1999. Copyright © 1999 by Rick Collins. Reprinted with permission.
    Reproduced in Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center. Farmington Hills, Mich.: Gale Group. 2004http://galenet.galegroup.com/servlet/OVRC
    Last edited by statuZ; 08-30-2004 at 04:43 PM. Reason: make the title more clear and to the point.

falker is offline Associate Member
    Wow, nice read...I stayed away from anadrol just because everyong said it was so bad on the liver. I just might try it now

bigjayo is offline Associate Member
    Bro,

Don't let that article fool you. I ran drol at low low doses 75mg 2 weeks, 150mg 3rd week and I was pissing dark urine/blood and dropping hair like crazy also 13lbs in 2 weeks. It might work differently in AIDS patients, don't dismiss androl as "oh nothing big, i'm superman, lets try it", also read that statement a little more closely. Over 1000mg per week of drol is kiddie **** in bodybuilding, most guys run 150mg+ per day so your already at 1050 in low doseage, run drol at 300mg each day like mid to decent sized bb's and tell me how you feel. And once again, since most bb's won't disclose cycles I can speak from what I've seen and 300mg is tops, but I'm willing to bet pro's run androl higher then that a day.

yes that's a common dose for medical use of oxymetheolone...

Kingofmasters already knew that

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    yes that's a common dose for medical use of oxymetheolone...

Kingofmasters already knew that
    Long time no see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Long time no see.
    Sorry to hijack but good to see you as well Friend

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    In this study, oxymetholone was administered to a group of 31 elderly men, ranging in age from 65-80, split evenly in doses of 50mg, 100mg, and placebo, over a duration of 12 weeks. A reduction of 19 and 23 points in HDL liver values for the 50mg and 100mg groups respectively. Non-dramatic increases in AST and ALT enzyme values were recorded in the 100mg group. There was no significant increase in PSA, total or LDL cholesterol values, or fasting triglycerides for any group.

1-Effects of an oral androgen on muscle and metabolism in older, community-dwelling men. Shroeder et al. AM J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 284;16:1273-75

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    A reduction of 19 and 23 points in HDL liver values for the 50mg and 100mg groups respectively.
    HDL Liver values????? I think thats a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    HDL Liver values????? I think thats a typo.

Anabolics 2004, pg. 36. Llewellyn may have dicked it up but I havent taken the time to look up the actual study on JE&M.

statuZ is offline Banned
    hey well i tried haha.

Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    hey well i tried haha.

Considering all the hype, those studies are pretty encouraging to me. Get on the Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism website and do a search on "oxymetholone." You'll find that it has been used quite often and extensively to treat anemia, even in children.

GTCp1 is offline New Member
    I dont see why anyone would take more than 50mg a day unless you have a extremely hard time gaining. 50mg a day for me is insane the muscle is full and hard as a rock and I am not holding water hardly at all. I feel "oily" for some reason when I work out but other than that its almost unbearable the pump I get on that low dose. I am ripped and not bloated or puffy looking. My diet is extremely clean and I take B6 a multi-vitamin, aminos and vitamin C. I am taking anti-Es just in case but so far everything is ok. Someone that would take 100-300mg a day would have to be out of their mind in my opinion. I dont think you need that much if you eat right and work out fairly hard I think you will get really good gains on 50mg. Right now I am using myself as a guinea pig I will let you know how I am in a couple of weeks and if I lose a lot of my gain afterwards.

Thread Information