Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    system admin is offline Owner

$$$ Looking For Writers $$$

Hey guys and gals!! Here is your chance to secure your place in STEROID .com / AnabolicReview.com history!

We are looking for people to help start our new "Anabolic Articles" section on the main site, Steroid.com. Articles can be about anything talked about on this site ( excluding any topic not pertaining to our bodies)

If your article is accepted and used on the main page, you will receive:

-$50.00 Credit to be used at www.AllSportsNutrition.com

-Full credit for the Article (You may remain anonymous, use your screen name, or use your real name. This is up to you)

-a custom title of your choice (with approval)

-opportunity to help write articles for us in national magazines

We are looking for a broad range of topics. Anything from how to use a particular drug to what the proper form for bench press is. Articles must be checked for grammar and spelling before submission. Any article submitted without being properly revised will be rejected and sent back to the writer. All articles must be original and not copied from another persons work. If you are caught sending in someone else's article, you will be banned from our website and never allowed back in. This is a new idea for us. We would like to see this work to help educate the public on many interesting topics within this site.

If you would like to find out more information, please send me a PM or e-mail me at [email protected] I look forward to reading some of your thoughts.

BC

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    sounds like a good idea...does it have to be a certaint length? crap i feel like im being assighned an essay in high school again..

The article does not have to be a certain length, but it must be thorough and complete. Remember that the article must be good enough to be used to represent this site. Statements back up by facts and statistics are a must. The article will not be approved based on length, but will be approved based on how informative and correct it is. This can help you to build your reputation and credibility with other members here. I am sure no one wants to be associated with a crappy article.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    can we put pictures with the article?

Pictures are absolutely acceptable as long as they are not offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    Pictures are absolutely acceptable as long as they are not offensive.
    if we are describing a workout can we use pictures of bodybuilders working out that we took from this site or another?(in my gym we cant bring a camera)

You must have permission to use the pictures of "other people" in a publication.

Here is an article just submitted by Warrior (Anabolic Review Moderator) This is an example of work worthy of publishing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why Steroid Users Are Getting Bad Press

Our Magic Pill Society

“What can I use to lose fat and gain muscle?”

This is a common question at local supplement retailers. People flock in droves to find something to help combat the overwhelming obesity epidemic taking over many countries. They search for products promising wonders, hoping in due time they will deliver. Label claims can legally be challenged; unfortunately, the names of these wonder supplements have little regulating empty promises. While some supplements do assist in muscle building and fat burning, the main variable will always be the consumer’s lifestyle. No dietary supplement will ever take place of proper diet and conditioning – not even a performance enhancing drug (PED) like anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS).

Adolescents - Making the Cut by Uneducated, Impulsive Choices

“I must be accepted and be the best.”

A major problem exists amongst adolescents, especially those partaking in competitive sports – parental and peer pressure to be the very best. To exceed everyone else and possibly grab a scholarship to a credible University. Teenagers that do not have access to good coaches and nutritionist will see the marketing hypes in favorite magazines and absorb the ridiculous claims as a way to get ahead. These marketing campaigns often utilize sport idols to lure them into buzzwords and empty promises. Then when the uneducated trainee finds that the magic pills are not working like they did for the icon, they may look to jump into a more powerful, yet impulsive choice: anabolic-androgenic steroids.

This choice is usually outside any medical supervision or even parental notification. And unless a teenager is post-puberty the drawbacks can be disastrous. A child in the stage of puberty experiences natural changes in androgen levels to lead them into maturing as a properly virilized adult. This will lead to a deepening of the voice, increased body and pubic hair as well as increased musculature. Administering exogenous androgens at this time can put the teen into a very unnatural environment since the body no longer has the control – since endogenous androgens will be terminated by exogenous super physiological doses. Steroid cycles (usually lasting 8-12 weeks) lead to increasing blood androgen levels from three to over 10 times normal levels. Early closure of growth plates can easily keep the teen from obtaining any further growth in height. Less tangible side effects can result in neural effects from a complicated puberty. No well-educated athlete would ever consider anabolic steroids prior to 21 years of age.

The other problem exists in an athlete’s training experience. A trainee using a PED needs to know more than simple athletic fundamentals. Advanced diet and training strategies are needed to maintain the additional development resulting from anabolic steroid cycles. Years of training will help an athlete better prepare connective tissue and expose known injury risks prior to periods of increased growth. All are fundamental to safe use and long-term results.

Adults - Searching for the Secret Training Variable for Quick Results

“I’m not getting any younger – I need something quick!”

In a culture of quick fixes and fast foods we can lose sight on what’s reasonable. Sure, microwaving dinner for a quick meal on the run saves time. But is it reasonable to expect human beings to make instant changes in body composition? The human body is a complex integration of numerous processes. Expecting to simply make a change to the endocrine system in favor of a more anabolic environment without proper research is what leads to destructive use. They are most effectively used as a respected supplement for a well-rounded athlete – not as a crutch to be used in irrational amounts.

Hormones are very powerful messengers and should be treated as such. Impulsive use by adults unfortunately is what often gets recognized by medical professionals and governing authorities. Having proper medical check ups and using reasonable doses is completely necessary and often ignored. There is a benefit to risk ration that can be a real fine line. Once protein synthesis and cross over binding to gluco-corticoids is optimized, further androgens in the body can lead to undesirable effects. Many factors determine what beneficial doses might be, such as lean body mass and the concurrent training intensity.

Media Hype and Jargon

“People using steroids experience violent rages and have no hair!”

The media is a powerful tool that can persuade the masses. Often they will report certain news events to highlight key media targets. For example a man killing two coworkers is big news, but a former Force Recon Marine killing two coworkers is even bigger news. In this case, a known steroid using bodybuilder kills two coworkers. Now, what if a man miraculously saved two elderly ladies from becoming trampled by a speeding drunk driver? Would the headline ever read, “Steroid user saves two elderly women from disaster”? Probably not.

Does AAS lead to increased aggression or other widely related side effects? Studies do show an increase in internal hormone burden can lead to increased emotions and aggression – effects mediated by the parent hormone in addition to indirectly elevated hormonal levels. Using AAS as an excuse shouldn’t condone impulsive choices. If a person is prone to hair loss, they should take care to avoid certain steroids that can aggravate the issue. Same care should be taken for individuals with aggressive tendencies.

There are other media-related urban legends that are not really worth mentioning. One is the presumed side effect that AAS use will lead to shrinkage of the penis. But testosterone is actually responsible for the development of the male sex organ for the fetus. In addition, heavy androgen use by female athletes can increase the size of their respective sex organ; the clitoris. Use can lead to shrinkage of the testes due to a shutdown of natural androgen levels, but this is widely known amongst AAS users to be a temporary effect. The testes return to normal size after exogenous androgen use is discontinued. The fact is the media often enjoys spreading news to simply raise eyebrows, frequently not based on medical fact but rather subjective opinions. And this is prevalent in their reports regarding PED use by athletes.

The Governments Biased Opinions

“Anabolic steroids should be scheduled like narcotics – but alcohol and cigarettes are okay.”

Many governments in the world today have controlled the production and distribution of anabolic steroids. Yet the reported deaths and injuries are far less than other substances. Cigarettes are a leading cause of cancer. They even impose a health risk to people subject to second hand smoke. Ephedrine was recently pulled off the market because of serious medical conditions from abuse, yet alcoholic-related drunk driving reports continue to prevail. AAS visits are very rare according to the emergency department trends from the Drug Abuse Warning Network. However, there is an enormous amount of emergency room visits for basic over-the-counter medications like Acetaminophen and Asprin. As well as prescription medication like Xanax and Prozac. Why does the government choose to regulate people interested in better human performance via performance enhancing drugs, yet comparatively ignore medications causing numerous deaths everyday?

Alcohol prohibitions in the United States lead to a major turning point in respect for local authorities. While demands exist, people will find a way to obtain what they want, sometimes resorting to an unpredictable black market. This fosters a society with discontent in their local legislature. Why not take the money spent on prosecuting successful athletes and spend on educational programs to help people make informed decisions? Some sports authorities say no PED has a place in competitive games due to an unfair advantage. What dictates unfair advantage? Does an athlete’s ability to obtain premier coaches and successful nutritionist give him an unfair advantage? Some will say it imposes unwarranted health risks for competitors. What about the athletes with superior genetics – like naturally high androgen levels?

Abandoned by the Medical Community

“In 1935 we isolated the wonder hormone, testosterone – in 1990 the government regulated its use.”

Testosterone was first synthesized in 1935 and between 1948 and 1955 nearly a thousand derivatives and analogues were developed. The changes in the parent hormone were primarily in search for less androgenic (male-like) effects. Soon ethylated compounds were developed for oral availability. It was studied as a male contraceptive, as well as a treatment for hypogonadal men suffering from depression. Middle-aged men would also find a decrease in abdominal body fat during testosterone treatment therapy. Studies showed anabolic steroids dramatically increased anabolism as well as maintained or improved bone density. Further studies would reveal a substantial effect in treating diseases such as the AIDS wasting syndrome.

The Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990 added AAS to the federal schedule of controlled substances. This put increased measures on person who manufacture, distribute, or dispense anabolic-androgenic steroids, such as requiring them to register annually with the Attorney General. The added legal requirements and restrictions aided in separating the medical community and AAS users. They are much less likely to admit their use to physicians and because federal legislation has targeted physicians, few doctors want anything to do with athletes taking steroids. Physicians must be careful to avoid prosecution as a common drug dealer. And some doctors have been criminally prosecuted.

Conclusion

Are steroids getting unwarranted bad press? It is the opinion of this author and many current AAS users that they most certainly are. Some of the blame lies within the users themselves. In a black market driven culture, there will always exist abusers. AAS abusers are the ones who practice unsafe use and blame reckless choices on the drugs themselves – many times health concerns were preexisting and ignored.

Athletes do need to be advised that the general public is uneducated about these anabolic hormones and take care in the image their use portrays. The media, governing officials, medical professionals as well as irresponsible users also need to take heed before passing uninformed information on any PED.

Comments written by professional and recreational athletes speaking out about 2004 FOX News special, “The Truth About Steroids”:

“You should tell kids why they shouldn't use steroids — not because they will DIE, but rather that it can lead to stunted bone growth, and can permanently mess up their endocrine system. Kids are not stupid and saying they will DIE is a very false representation of the truth.” — anonymous

“The public never hears about the millions of people all over the world who use steroids and never see any negative side effects from them. People only hear about the few hundred people who abuse steroids and get hurt, or get killed from them.” — Paul

”The choice to use anabolic-androgenic steroids should be one made by the individual adult and not the government. Unfortunately, this choice has already been stripped from the individual. Now the government is going even a step further and working to illegalize prohormones and prosteroids (House Bill 3866). Does this make sense? Do adults need the government to be a big brother? Does America not have more imperative issues at hand?” — Jo

Steroid use is a lot safer then tobacco and alcohol, yet those drugs aren't the target of the media like steroids are. You have to think about it through us steroid users' eyes. Most if not all pro football players use steroids, wresters pro and WWE, basketball players, pro and amateur bodybuilders, and 75% of all people who workout for recreation. If they were as bad as you portray them, people would be dropping like flies all around you.” — anonymous

”If you look at the hard facts, steroids can be used effectively and safely. Yes, they do pose a risk and can cause many bad side effects. However, the truth remains, responsible steroid use will usually cause no permanent side effects.” — anonymous

”What I fail to understand is why healthy adults are unable to legally purchase things that will allow them to add a few pounds of muscle and feel better about themselves. Alcohol and tobacco yet remain perfectly legal. I am sure no one will argue that those two products have contributed to way more deaths than steroids ever will.” — Mark

”When someone abuses anabolics and ignores common sense, then yes there is a heavy price to pay. Just as if someone smokes cigarettes and drinks alcohol (that can be purchased at the corner store) on a daily basis for a few years will end up paying a heavy price.” — Erick

”Forget all that roid rage nonsense, it just isn't factual. Alcohol and cigarettes kill way more than anabolics ever will.” — Marc

”The ephedra scare was another flop by the FDA. Alcohol kills people and it's legal, just like lung cancer-causing cigarettes. But who cares? Nobody. Say the word "steroid" and the MEDIA goes insane. Why is that?”— anonymous

.:WFX

Writen by Warrior, www.warriorfx.com
    Anabolic Review Moderator

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    i'd love to write for AR. and i feel that my writing skills are very strong. admin- hit me with a PM with some ideas for a specific topic and i'll be glad to lend a hand.

Warrior, very very good write up

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    nice read Warrior

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll give it a shot, I just got to think of what to write about. Maybe responsible AAS use i.e. blood work, med interactions, etc.

Or maybe a bunch of info on vitamin and herbal supplements, I got tons of it.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    I may decide to write something about nutrition.

Just takes time and research. But I do understand what you are saying about his article. Very well done.

MrDezel is offline Banned
    bump this up^^^

side note: LOZGOD as much as I love Knight Rider in your avator I'm going to have to say bring back the ladies!!!

I got a real good post (if i do say so myself!)

called:

"Things to think of while preparing for a cycle" (By Kingofmasters)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    a quote:

Esters Explained:
    Most Injectable steroids are esterfied --> Meaning they have an ester attached to them...
    Esters slow the release of the steroidmolecules...
    Not only does this mean you have to inject less frequently to keep blood levels stable then with the Base...
    The ester also affects the characteristics of the steroid , even though it has the same parentmolecule, this has three reasons:

1) Some steroids benefit more from a steady release of molecules then from "shocking" the body by saturating all receptors at once

2) The ester affects the Molecular weight of the total meaning longer esters mean less of the parent hormone
    (Test Undecanoate is the longest ester and will yield about 60% Testosteron per mg in contrast to Test Base which is 100%)

3) Enzymes-interactions --> The body works with a Feedbacksystem, the higher the concentration the more the body will try to normalize the old situation (Homeostasis), that's why in theory Test Base is the worst for Gyno since the enormous amount of accumelating Test in the blood in a short period, will be compensated by an enormous amount of Estrogenproduction (which when turned to Estradiol will cause a hell of a lot of trouble).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER QUOTE:

Protein
    I can not STRESS enough how important this is; while most people think Diet is key, a body can compensate for carbohydrates but not for proteins!! --> Using Anabolics is very dangerous if not supplemented with enough protein (either from food or Shakes), steroids will synthesize proteins NO MATTER WHAT, meaning the immunesystem is first target and the Hart the second if not enough protein is consumed! --> How many Times have we heard about Juicing people dying or fainting due to Crashdieting while "on" (for more details look up my protein post)

There are 3 subjective times that a body benefits the most from Proteinsupplementation
    1) First Thing in the Morning
    2) 1 Hour Post-Workout (Due to contrary believe, that right after Work-out is best this is not true unless using Insulin !)
    3) Right Before Bed (Slow proteins like Milk Protein and Calcium Caseinate prevent Catabolic State while asleep)

P.S. Concerning Point 2 --> I know it's controversial but many studies have pointed it out (see proteinpost)
    What your Body NEEDS after work-out is CarboHydrates for every Kilogram of Bodyweight you will need about 0,8 times that in grams of carbohydrates: An 80 kg Individual will therefor need 64 grams of Carbohydrates within 15 minutes of Work-out meaning about 600 ml = 3 glasses of Softdrink for example...

Furthermore Studies have shown, people well over 30, benefit more from Faster Proteins while younger individuals need more Slower Acting Proteins; A friend of mine an Ergonaut is experimenting with Proteinmixes and gave me these advice!

Young People
    20% Whey Protein Isolate Ion-exchange
    10% Calcium Caseinate
    60% Milk Protein Isolate
    4% Soy Protein Isolate
    6% Glutamine Peptides
    + Aminogen (and Vitaminemix is optional)

People over 30 years old
    70% Whey Protein Isolate Ion-exchange
    5% Calcium Caseinate
    15% Milk Protein Isolate
    4% Soy Protein Isolate
    6% Glutamine Peptides
    + Aminogen (and Vitaminemix is optional)

As to how much
    --> A good Guidline would be 150 grams of Supplementation Every Day for Normal to Heavy Cycles
    250-300 grams of Supplementation to anything incorporating GH and/or IGF (so real Heavy Cycles)

Where to order:
    Allsportsnutrition (proud sponser of this site)! (heard of very good products prices and service they just don't ship internationally and don't let you blend proteinvariants)
    My Favourite: Trueprotein (best prices, cheap supplements like Taurine and soon r-ALA, great service)
    or: proteinfactory more expensive, but also good service)

P.S. These Proteinguidelines still need a good diet, but they simplify things a lot --> No more need for many Low Fat, high Protein foods (like people eating 6 chickenbreasts a day, 2 or none will do fine now!) and plus you can't beat the Taste!
    Whichever flavour you use (I recommend getting equal portions of each flavour during a long cycle so not to become bored of just one flavour since they are all free --> Use ICECOLD milk it's the best allthough it will take a bit more shaking to blend then).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Only thing is that I finished about 90% of it and never got to finish the last touches and lay-out!

I can't use the $50 credit at ASN (because I live in Holland) But I am in it
    for THE CUSTOM TITLE!!

Greets
    Kingofmasters

Offtopic:

How do you enable the stupid lay-out!

So make letters bold etc.!!

When posting

nobbythedonkey is offline Associate Member
    Hey guys and gals!! Here is your chance to secure your place in STEROID .com / AnabolicReview.com history!

We are looking for people to help start our new "Anabolic Articles" section on the main site, Steroid.com. Articles can be about anything talked about on this site ( excluding any topic not pertaining to our bodies)

If your article is accepted and used on the main page, you will receive:

-$50.00 Credit to be used at www.AllSportsNutrition.com

-Full credit for the Article (You may remain anonymous, use your screen name, or use your real name. This is up to you)

-a custom title of your choice (with approval)

-opportunity to help write articles for us in national magazines

We are looking for a broad range of topics. Anything from how to use a particular drug to what the proper form for bench press is. Articles must be checked for grammar and spelling before submission. Any article submitted without being properly revised will be rejected and sent back to the writer. All articles must be original and not copied from another persons work. If you are caught sending in someone else's article, you will be banned from our website and never allowed back in. This is a new idea for us. We would like to see this work to help educate the public on many interesting topics within this site.

If you would like to find out more information, please send me a PM or e-mail me at [email protected] I look forward to reading some of your thoughts.

BC
    i think im gonna write a article on DNP , ill document my next cycle and do before/after pics and diet etc.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Admin.. if you need an editor for articles, I'd be happy to help. If you want and with permission from the author of course, i could send you a sample of my work.

Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    Admin.. if you need an editor for articles, I'd be happy to help. If you want and with permission from the author of course, i could send you a sample of my work.
    Please do Chris! I would love some help appoving these articles. I was going to have others approve of them anyway. Shoot me a sample please!

BC

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    I am sure this would be needed - just when you think you got everything weeded out, a different copy editor bleeds all over it...

Some common things I see (from my work and others):

- Run-on sentances
    - First sentance should summarize paragraph
    - Backing into sentences (instead of "To post, register at AR." you should do, "Register at AR t post)
    - Using extra words, like "the" and "that", if it still makes without it - delete it

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Please do Chris! I would love some help appoving these articles. I was going to have others approve of them anyway. Shoot me a sample please!

BC
    Hey I can help out there as well. Besided writing I can edit also if you need the help. Just let me know. Either pm me or email me. thanks

This is a good example of one with references by Naughty Nurse. (Brian, PM her if you are interested...)

Are You Hindering Your Gains?

Analgesics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in particular, are some of the most routinely taken medications in the world for muscle soreness. Some are by prescription only; others readily available over-the-counter. And why not? Many readily relieve aches and pains well enough to continue with workouts, but are you doing more harm than good when you pop that pill?

The rationale for using NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen (Advil and Motrin), Vioxx, Celebrex, Naprosyn (Aleve) and Indocid (Voltaren) is exactly that - their anti-inflammatory properties. According to Stovitz & Johnson (2003), the problem with this viewpoint is, although inflammation is a sign of injury, it’s also a necessary phase in the healing process. When the inflammation phase is blocked the drugs theoretically delay the injury from healing.

Let’s look briefly at how Ibuprofen works to better illustrate this point. Muscle soreness is relieved because the component that produces prostaglandins is blocked. Prostaglandins are partially responsible for inflammation (Cribb & Sci, 2003). Cribb & Sci (2003) have also shown prostaglandins to help regulate protein metabolism. NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen have been shown to blunt protein metabolism in animal studies. However a major study published in the American Journal of Physiology proved that taking Ibuprofen, even Tylenol, stopped the growth response dead in its tracks. There was no increase in protein syntheses after resistance training – contrary to what occurred in the study group that had taken the placebo (Cribb & Sci, 2003).

Pain is your body’s way of saying that something is wrong. You’re setting yourself up for a much more serious problem if you need to mask pain in order to train heavy. Many people mistakenly believe that when inflammation is suppressed, training and recuperation are enhanced. Bodybuilders are no exception. On the other side of the coin it was found that anabolic steroids (AS) accelerate muscle healing in a study conducted on animals (Stovitz & Johnson, 2003). People using AS have reported similar results. If this is the case, the medical profession may be faced with ethical dilemmas.

If NSAIDs must be taken to control the pain, but you don’t want to interfere with protein synthesis, wait at least 24 hours post-workout to use. Also, listen to your body and take that much needed rest. .:WFX

References:

· Cribb, P. & Sci, B. H. (2003, August). Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen may Short-Circuit Muscle Growth. Retrieved on June 24, 2004

· Stovitz, S. D. & Johnson, R. J. (2003, January). NSAIDs and musculoskeletal treatment: What is the clinical evidence? The Physician& Sports Medicine, 31, 1, p 35. Retrieved on June 24, 2004

warrior is our own mario puzzo

bump

Guiding principles for advancement

THE 3 P’s: PLAN PROGRESSIVE PROGRESS

If you do not plan for progressive gains in a training cycle than you will undoubtedly fail to maximize your results. And worse yet - you could take two steps backwards! You are probably thinking to yourself, "No **** Sherlock!" Its true everyone engaged in some sort of training routine plans for progress. Right? Unfortunately many - and I do mean many - do not. It is disastrous how many trainees actually fall into the monotonous routines that produce little to no results. But this unfortunate occurrence is something dietary supplement companies thrive on, they lead you to believe that you need supplement X for further gains.

A sure fire way to make sure you are planning progressively is to consider three variables per workout: load, repetitions and time. Every workout should show an improvement in one of these areas. The load, or the total amount of weight used for a movement, can reflect an improvement even if it is very little. Let's say during your last training session for a muscle group you pushed 315 pounds, 10 times. Simply adding two more pounds to the bar per session would be an improvement. It may not be a lot, but it adds up in the long run. Sometimes a training plateau develops merely because gains have slowed down and you are currently attempting to add too much, too soon. And it's better to add two pounds per week to the load rather than not improving at all. Two pounds per week for six months would be more than a 50-pound improvement in your limit strength!

The other two factors, total repetitions and total time are seldom given there due respect. Instead of increasing the load you can attempt to increase total repetitions per workout. Over subsequent workouts you could begin at eight reps and work up to 12 before increasing the load. On the other hand, you could plan to finish a workout in shorter period of time by decreasing rest intervals. For instance, you push 315 pounds for five repetitions and five sets using three-minute rest intervals. If next time you used the same load, reps and sets but used two-minute rest intervals, you progressed!

INTEGRATE NUTRITION AND TRAINING EQUALLY

Training publications frequently make statements suggesting that proper diet is 90 percent of success, or some other obscure number stating one is more important than the other. In reality, both are equally important. You can have the best nutritional advice available but if you don't train progressively than your body never finds the need to make an improvement in its efficiency. On the flip side, the best training theory will produce little if your diet fails to provide the right nutrients to fuel your body for added lean body mass. A proper integration of sound nutrition and training is paramount to continued success.

TRAIN YOUR CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM

Many of the old Eastern Bloc training circles provide heavy emphasis on your Central Nervous System's (CNS) ability to cope and recover from exercise. This is something unique to each athlete and dependent on different variables, such as athletic level, training intensity, rest habits, nutritional practices, as well as other contributing factors.

One of the first adaptations for a beginner bodybuilder is purely a strengthening of the CNS rather than the actual muscle groups. Big gains in limit strength made in the early days of training come from your body simply getting in better condition. This includes a stronger mind-muscle connection. Advanced trainees can recall the days when free weight movements were wobbly and their body would tend to shake. This is one example of a weak CNS (as well as underdeveloped connective tissue). This preliminary adaptation to exercise usually strengthens in the first two to three months on a regular routine. After this phase, free weight movements become more fluid, as your ability to recruit your muscles becomes second nature.

ONLY WORK AT YOUR LEVEL

Turn the pages of many bodybuilding magazines today (in between the many pages of advertising fluff) and you will undoubtedly see a lot of high volume, and sometimes high intensity, training routines. A magazine may say a professional endorses the routine as his or her key to recent gains. But the fact is, even if it was something that helped that particular person, you need to tailor the advice for your body. Take what you have learned about what keeps you training progressively and away from a state of overtraining, and apply it. And certainly do not try to use a program that an advanced trainee uses if you are still a beginner. This could put you at risk for serious overtraining or even injury. Working one body part per day is common practice at the advanced levels since greater loads are used which tax the ability to recover at a greater degree. In other words, pushing 135 pounds for 10 repetitions puts less stress on your body than pushing 315 pounds for 10 repetitions. Your muscles grow, but your CNS and internal filtering organs do not.

IF IT'S NOT WORKING - FIX IT!

Take a moment and sit back to reflect on your last year of training. Are you actually making progress or are you caught up in a disastrous plateau? If your gains have been at a stand still for more than two or three months - what you are doing is not working. It is surprising how many people can continue for over a year without seeing a significant change for the better. And usually it is not a lack or genetic potential but rather a lack of training knowledge. If it helps, get a training diary to help you plan your progression by recalling what was completed in previous sessions. No great battle was ever won without a mapped out plan of attack.

SET OBTAINABLE GOALS

Setting goals for yourself helps to keep you focused on what it is you are intending to accomplish. Without a goal and a timeframe to commit to, it is easier to fall into that endless training vertigo of zero results. Professional athletes have a training competition to focus on, which certainly provides an adequate stimulus to keep them pushing for greatness. But if you are not a competitive athlete you can make up your own competitions. They can be things as simple as a scheduled summer vacation or a date with the 35mm - progress photos can be a valuable dictator of if your training is paying off.

The word obtainable should be held at high regard. If you are beginning a new training cycle with 17-inch upper arms and your goal is to have 20-inch guns by the end of the 12-week cycle - you set yourself up for disappointment. Set realistic goals to keep you motivated for future progress. But at the same time, large and obscure short term goals (read: very short term, as in goals for a single set) can be beneficial, such as getting under a load equal to your one rep maximum weight yet going for 10 rather than one. This helps to keep you motivated and thinking past your previous limitations regardless of the fact you know you won't make it. This short term thought process also helps you to rid the ideas in the back of your head that are telling you, "****, this is a lot of weight!"

IGNORE DISTRACTIONS AND DISTRUCTIVE INFLUENCES

What is or isn't a distraction or destructive influence to your training goals is subjective. But the fewer things that stand in your way of being a champion, the easier the road is to travel. Friends that continue to hound you to skip scheduled training sessions for several sets of 12 ounce curls at the local pub certainly qualify as a destructive influence. Having a social life, to include time at the clubs, is absolutely necessary to a rounded off life. But getting so sloshed that you wake up under the porch every weekend is not.

But the bottom line is: what you let get in your way will do just that. Like that cute neighbor that always gives you the eyeball doesn't qualify as a distraction since you certainly can't plan future workouts with a blindfold! You have to learn how to effectively channel some things out in order to succeed.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

Take the time to read about new, and old, training theories to see what helps you and how it can apply itself in your routine. If your current training split includes a few sets of this, followed by a few more of that and then finished off with some of those - than you certainly are in need of some new theories. Great advice from credible coaches is available online and at the local bookstore to help you add some missing spice to your training routine. As well as getting you back on a much needed growth spurt. .:WFX

Warrior,
    Are trying to scare the hell out of other potential writers?! I LOVE IT!! Your on the verge of a title change my friend! LMAO!!!

Another great example of an exceptable article.

BC

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    this should be a sticky...good stuff...

Myosin is offline New Member
    Hm, I have written around 40 articles for our magazines - neuro-muscular physiology, strength training and some nutrition, but they are not in english and unfortunately my english is inadequate for proper translation. Any ideas?

The ultimate cross-bridge

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    how about the memoirs of Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Myosin
    Hm, I have written around 40 articles for our magazines - neuro-muscular physiology, strength training and some nutrition, but they are not in english and unfortunately my english is inadequate for proper translation. Any ideas?

The ultimate cross-bridge
    I like that

In what language are they written?

Myosin is offline New Member
    I PMed you the answer.

Isaiah1SAS is offline Associate Member

Very cool opportunity ! Thanks.

I'm going to write something as soon as I finish something. Very cool opportunity ! Thanks.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

You're correct that the onset of menstruation has been getting progressively earlier among girls in the United States. No one is sure of why, but one possibility is that commercially produced meat and milk products contain residues of growth-promoting hormones. These have estrogenic activity, so they could stimulate early menstruation.

http://www.drweil.com/app/cda/drw_cd...60-pt=Question
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails $$$  Looking For Writers   $$$-cat-orange.jpg  

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Just another reason why I don't eat organic meat. Hormones do a body good.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah1SAS
    I'm going to write something as soon as I finish something. Very cool opportunity ! Thanks.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

You're correct that the onset of menstruation has been getting progressively earlier among girls in the United States. No one is sure of why, but one possibility is that commercially produced meat and milk products contain residues of growth-promoting hormones. These have estrogenic activity, so they could stimulate early menstruation.

http://www.drweil.com/app/cda/drw_cd...60-pt=Question

I hope this offer does not fall to the way side! This will be a great opportunity to contribute in your own ways and get free supps!

BC

NaughtyNurse is offline Female Member
    How are we doing with this?
    Blonde and ambitious!!

MOD
    @MuscleSci.com
    MOD@PremierMuscle.com
    MOD@QualityMuscle.com
    Medical Specialist @AtomicalMuscle.com
    [email protected]

[email protected]
    Anything I say is for educational purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose or treat. Please consult with your medical practitioner.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    What I would like to see is an index of basic how-to articles, like how to reconstitute HCG , for instance. It took me forever to find out how and I explained it in a thread -but the info gets lost among all the other HCG threads.

So are How-to articles accepted?

Redwings is offline New Member

new guy

hello all. i know i am new to the site, but i have been doing and studing juice for about 8 years. i would love to write up a couple articles on what i have learned in my expirience. my spelling sucks but i can check all that before i submit. hit me in my email if this sounds good to the moderators.
    Redwings

this is not the forum to get answers. Go to the Steroid Questions forum for help and use the search feature at the top right.

BC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information