shiloh is offline Junior Member

Arimidex and Nolvadex at the same time?

I posted this in the PCT forum but then I noticed that nobody ever goes there so I figured I'd post it here...

I read this on Arimidex .com:

"ARIMIDEX should not be taken with tamoxifen or estrogen-containing therapies"

It may not have anything to do with the reason that we take it but I was just curious why they say you shouldn't take the two together...

Anyone know?

GymDog is offline Banned
    I dunno what they're talking about, because the general opinion on this board is that Arimidex and Nolvadex SHOULD be run together...

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    i run l-dex with nolv to help keep my good and bad cholesterol levels in check....I have no idea why arimidex .com said not to run it with nolv.....

That's what I thought...
    100mg clomid, 20mg nolvadex and .25mg liquidex

Quote Originally Posted by GymDog
    I dunno what they're talking about, because the general opinion on this board is that Arimidex and Nolvadex SHOULD be run together...
    definitely, arimidex will block the aromatize enzyme, preventing estrogen production.

nolvadex prevents the bonding of estrogen to the receptor, it's an estrogen antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by shiloh
    That's what I thought...
    100mg clomid, 20mg nolvadex and .25mg liquidex
    no you don't run clomid throughout the cycle, is that what you mean??

No, I'm running 10mgs of Nolv during. That was for PCT. So, do any of the Chemists here now why Arimidex says this?

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    I'm using 10mgs Nolv, .25mgs Arimidex ED when I'm on.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I posted this in the PCT forum but then I noticed that nobody ever goes there so I figured I'd post it here...

I read this on Arimidex .com:

"ARIMIDEX should not be taken with tamoxifen or estrogen-containing therapies"

It may not have anything to do with the reason that we take it but I was just curious why they say you shouldn't take the two together...

Anyone know?
    What your reading is for post-menopausal women with early-stage, hormone-receptor-positive disease.

That information came from the ATAC Trial...... where a study was conducted to show the effectivness of Arimidex alone, Nolvadex alone, and Arimidex and Nolvadex together. The study showed that Arimidex worked best with out Nolva, and Arimidex was also beter then using Nolvadex alone.

What we use it for is to block the conversion of test to estogen with Arimidex. Nolva will keep receptors clear of any estrogen trying to bind to them. Nolva also mimics estrogen in the liver which will help in keeping lipids stable.

Thanks Mudman!

I have one more question. For those of you that take 10 mg ed of Nolv and .25 mg ed of Arimi through out the cycle, do you keep taking those doses for the couple of weeks that you're waiting to start your PCT?

styles-money is offline Associate Member
    Thanks Mudman!

I have one more question. For those of you that take 10 mg ed of Nolv and .25 mg ed of Arimi through out the cycle, do you keep taking those doses for the couple of weeks that you're waiting to start your PCT?
    Yes. Remember that even though you may have ceased with the injections, the substance is still in your system, and can still cause side effects, (ie. gyno).

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Thanks Mudman!

Yes and then I use them in PCT with Clomid.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks Mudman!

That's the most important time really, that and through PCT.

Thanks guys

Thread Information