NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member

Nolva causes cancer?? anyone have any info on this???

Whats up guys...long time no see, first night back on the board, havent been here in a while...

So Im at the gym the other day and Im over hearing the really juiced up motherf*ckers talking about Anti-e's....and one of them went into this discussion that Nolva causes cancer and shouldnt be used and that Arimidex is much safer and better anyways...

Now I already know that Arimidex is a much better Anti-e than Nolva, but I never heard that Nolva causes cancer....Is this True?? Im trying to look up info on the subject but Im coming up with nothing...Anybody have any knowledge, or a link I can follow on this??

muscleup is offline Associate Member
    I call *ull****...It's used to treat *reast cancer for godsakes.

falker is offline Associate Member
    arimidex is for progesterin and nolva is for estrogen I though. two different things ???

Anyways, that juice head must have been reading backwards when he read that article...nolva is for treatment of breast cancer

fabry is offline Senior Member
    why do u worrie about nolva if u already know that some other aas can cause cancer?
    Last edited by fabry; 09-01-2004 at 12:21 AM.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Really what kinds... I heard that some AAS cause cancer but dont know which ones?

i read some interestin articles few months ago...
    its "funny" coz some steroid are used to cure cancers other, if used in huge quantities, can cause it...
    but i also think that the "good" ones, if used in huge (?) quantities can cause cancer too...
    honestly, at the moment, i dont remember exactly all these differences... sorry.

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    better give up almost everything you eat and drink, hell you better not breath in the wrong place, and definitely don't take any more juice if your worried about getting cancer from nolva.

Latimus is offline Banned
    please....if i make it long enough to die from cancer when im old.....ill be happy....

worrying causes cancer as well as everything else....lol better not use the computer.....cancer

tattoomike is offline Associate Member
    if you look on the label of a motor oil container it says, may cause cancer , everything causes cancer these days, hell i smoke,and i was worried about cancer from juice as well,whats a guy to do

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falker
    arimidex is for progesterin and nolva is for estrogen I though. two different things ???

Anyways, that juice head must have been reading backwards when he read that article...nolva is for treatment of breast cancer
    Yep, nolva is for cancer treatment, doesnt cause cancer. Arimidex is for estrogen but it is a protease/arimatase inhibitor. It prevents the conversion of estrogen from testosterone . On the other hand, the reason your body is converting increased amounts of estrogen is because its a natural balance that can prevent the testosterone from increasing blood pressure and increasing triglicerides and bad cholesterol, so using arimidex or l-dex can make your triglicerides and bad cholesterol as well as blood pressure go thru the roof!

Your BP, cholesterols, etc will stay safer and lower if you allow increases in your blood estrogen levels. You prevent feminization by using both nolvadex and clomid. Best for men to drop the notion of using arimidex, femera and other arimatase/protease inhibitors.

durkheim is offline Junior Member
    I'm sorry to break it to you guys but nolva IS classed as a cancer causing carcinogen.

I remember reading a short while ago in an article which showed tamoxifen to be in the list of 200 or so recognised cancer causing substances.

I'll try to find it for you but look it up, its not exactly safe to use and not many endocrinologists will prescribe it.

Quote Originally Posted by durkheim
    I'm sorry to break it to you guys but nolva IS classed as a cancer causing carcinogen.

I remember reading a short while ago in an article which showed tamoxifen to be in the list of 200 or so recognised cancer causing substances.

I'll try to find it for you but look it up, its not exactly safe to use and not many endocrinologists will prescribe it.

i promise, i will never take my 10mg nolva while drinkin beer and smokin a sigarette....
    no, i cannot do it to myself...
    sorry, now i have to go to shoot my left quad with test and eq and then ill take my 10mg dbols to make my liver happy....

this thread is senseless...

ps: be careful, your cell phone could kill u!!!

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    what's up with the sarcasm? all he said was that he read an article regarding this post. the guy wants to know if it causes cancer, all he said was he saw an article which said so. chill.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by durkheim

I know that the use of nolvadex in women increases thier chances of 2 types of cancers......... endometrial and sarcoma.

I have also read where nolvadex is presribed for other types of cancers though...... Malignant melanoma, endometrial.......

There was also a report that stated the they found the use of nolvadex in mice caused liver cancer.

You have to look at how we use nolva, for most of us we only use it durring a cycle and PCT at low dosages.

Thanks AnabolicWannabe....What you said pretty much sums it up....I never heard that Nolva caused cancer before, so when I heard a big juicehead say it did, I became curious which is why I posted my question...Basically because I never heard that before...

I know that there are a lot of juiceheads out there that just inject anything into their body and dont know sh*t about using AAS, which is why I posted my question, to get info on a subject I was not familiar with...

The sarcasm needs to be left out, I thought this board was here to inform people with questions, not to rip them apart....And people wonder why juiceheads are thought of as stuck up a**holes, NO pun intended to anyone speicifically...

Information, such as what Mudman said, would be more helpful...such as if it is a cancer causing agent at certain levels of dosage
    Last edited by NeedPaintoGain; 09-01-2004 at 10:49 AM.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Just cause someones jacked doesn't mean they know what thier talking about

JohnnyB

Gmill13 is offline Associate Member
    I use proviron for anti _E and have never had a problem, However II do use it with Nolva.

widowmaker2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicwannabe
    what's up with the sarcasm? all he said was that he read an article regarding this post. the guy wants to know if it causes cancer, all he said was he saw an article which said so. chill.
    no he didnt say he read an article,newbie, he said he over heard guys in the gym talking about it. so you chill until you get your facts straight.

DoctaBig is offline Member
    Back before the site lost a bunch of old posts i wrote a long dissertation on the cancer causing effects of tamoxifen . I would love to rewrite it except for i definatly do not have that kind of energy at this point. So, i'll give ya the short answer why tamoxifen DOES cause CANCER.

Keep in mind that there is much more in play here than what i mention, this just scratches the surface:

Nolva is a SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator). Basically this means that tamox has multiple types of action i.e. agonistic and antagonistic. The type of action depends on what "kind" of estrogen receptor it is binding to. There are a few of different "kinds" of estrogen receptors; each with a specific type of responce. One such receptor is in breast tissue, which is one location where tamox has antagonistic (blocking) properties, hence its use for breast cancer. Other area's of the body also have estrogen receptors such as: cardiovasuclar tissue, endometrial tissue, "bone", and many others. Nolva has different effects in each of these tissues...some good, some bad...One notable -bad- effect is the higher incidence in women of endometrial cancer where tamoxifen has an agonistic action. YES...the nolva caused the cancer in these women.

The contraversy comes into play because the level of understanding of estrogenic receptors in men is very small. It is probable that there are estrogenic receptors in men that if fired too often could lead to cancer much the same as endometrial cancer in women.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctaBig
    Back before the site lost a bunch of old posts i wrote a long dissertation on the cancer causing effects of tamoxifen . I would love to rewrite it except for i definatly do not have that kind of energy at this point. So, i'll give ya the short answer why tamoxifen DOES cause CANCER.

Keep in mind that there is much more in play here than what i mention, this just scratches the surface:

Nolva is a SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator). Basically this means that tamox has multiple types of action i.e. agonistic and antagonistic. The type of action depends on what "kind" of estrogen receptor it is binding to. There are a few of different "kinds" of estrogen receptors; each with a specific type of responce. One such receptor is in breast tissue, which is one location where tamox has antagonistic (blocking) properties, hence its use for breast cancer. Other area's of the body also have estrogen receptors such as: cardiovasuclar tissue, endometrial tissue, "bone", and many others. Nolva has different effects in each of these tissues...some good, some bad...One notable -bad- effect is the higher incidence in women of endometrial cancer where tamoxifen has an agonistic action. YES...the nolva caused the cancer in these women.

The contraversy comes into play because the level of understanding of estrogenic receptors in men is very small. It is probable that there are estrogenic receptors in men that if fired too often could lead to cancer much the same as endometrial cancer in women.
    Great post

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Great post
    thanks bro...its nice to know not all of my education was worthless

bowie is offline Member
    my doc said the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by fusion600
    no he didnt say he read an article,newbie, he said he over heard guys in the gym talking about it. so you chill until you get your facts straight.
    dude, why don't you get yours straight? i was referring to what DURKHEIM said, and the sarcastic reply which came from FABRY. does this help you get your facts straight? my post wasn't a flame, if you thought it was. i didn't call anyone newbie or anything (like you). i only asked what the sarcasm was for. NeedPainToGain asked a question, and Durkheim merely tried to help by giving what he knew (the article that Durkheim read), and Fabry had to be sarcastic, when there was no reason to. i end my case here, flame me all you want, i don't think i posted anything wrong.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoomike
    if you look on the label of a motor oil container it says, may cause cancer , everything causes cancer these days, hell i smoke,and i was worried about cancer from juice as well,whats a guy to do
    Just about everything causes cancer. Nolva is used to treat cancer so I doubt that is one of them.

Exactly, I heard even taking long showers can cause cancer. I am serious I really heard this. They said that you inhale the warm mist and most water has chlorine and other chemicals in it that can cause cancer and it is worse to inhale the water vapors that to drink it.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN ALL OF YOU!!!!!! STOP TALKIN ABOUT CANCER!!!!!! I'M SERIOUS, I'LL KICK ALL YOUR ASSES!!!!!! I don't care if a bus/car/plane hits me, or if I'm shot or stabbed but cancer scares the **** out of me! It seems to me that it comes out of nowhere and kills you in a matter of months! In the past year, my parents lost like 5 of their frineds to it, and my best friends mother died from cancer, it seems like there is more and more of it every day.........but we all have to pay our dues someday.....

So DoctaBig, would you say that there is a minimal, but still possible, chance of gettin cancer from Nolva since I am male?? From what I read in your post, it seems more of a chance for women to get cancer from it than a man, though there still is the possibility for men..

Reason Im asking all this is because my Grandmother had cancer, and my father had cancer all in the same place (colon), so I am a little paranoid...I know using AAS will probably increase my chance, but I figure Im gonna get it anyways so I just need to keep goin for checkups to identify it at an early stage

Quote Originally Posted by NeedPaintoGain
    So DoctaBig, would you say that there is a minimal, but still possible, chance of gettin cancer from Nolva since I am male?? From what I read in your post, it seems more of a chance for women to get cancer from it than a man, though there still is the possibility for men..

Reason Im asking all this is because my Grandmother had cancer, and my father had cancer all in the same place (colon), so I am a little paranoid...I know using AAS will probably increase my chance, but I figure Im gonna get it anyways so I just need to keep goin for checkups to identify it at an early stage
    in my opinion...the benefit would outweigh the risk in this situation. Colon cancer has not been linked to a hormone receptor response, therefore hormones "should not" have much play in this situation. Keep in mind that any chemical/energy source has the potential to cause DNA strand degragation, which in turn will lead to cancer (think sunburn and skin cancer). If the nolva were to cause cancer due to its hormone effect it would be in hormone receptive tissue...i.e. not the colon. however it's chemical attributes may still contribute to the colon cancer.

Cancer is really really tough bro...trying to explain hormone responsive tumors vs. non-hormone responsive malignicies is really really hard to do i one paragraph. Hopefully i've helped at least a little bit. If someone expresses an interest i will whip up a much more comprehensive article to post up.

docta

great post. deserving of a place in the educational forums.

Thread Information