gibsonlpsd is offline Junior Member

Question about HGH that came to mind today.

Ok I know this may sound silly but it was something that I was thinking about today and I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on it. Okay...from what I understand, the pituitary gland is used for increased production of growth hormone . Increased production of growth hormone means greater growth of the cartilaginous portions of the bones in both the lower body and the spinal column, which could possibly make you grow taller. Now I am not to familiar with HGH, but from the sound of it, it seems it releases or causes the release of more hormones in the body just as the pituitary gland does. So could it be possible that while you are on HGH that you would maybe grow taller? Like I said, it may sound stupid to try and compare but it was just something that came to mind today and I was wondering if anybody had any input on it.

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    I think once the groth plates are closed you will not grow any taller.

I know but I was thinking given the fact that your growth plates wouldn't be closed would it possibly work.

marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    lol of course that is what is suposed to be used for! they give it to kids who are too short. i had a friend who grew about an inch every three months on it. he used to be a tiney little mother****er. now hes 6' 190. still skinny though. lol

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    there is an hgh forum on this site that would really answer some of your questions...Depending on your age (and your own body) you can still grow taller by using exogenous gh, if your plates are not fused yet. Again this varies by age and person.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    btw...i think around 21-22 is when most males growth plates fuse, so before this time is when a person would grow taller by using gh.

Why ppl say not to use GH before 30?

Angelis is offline Banned
    I know a few people who could probably benifit from this then they are really short and around 18-19-20 would they be able to use this to make them taller... how much would they have to take min/max and what would be the sides... me im happy being 5ft10 I dont feel short but some guys I know are like 5ft 6 and **** would this help them?

i was reading up and as long as your growth plates are not closed then i believe it could. the only bad thing is that HGH is EXPENSIVE, you would need to take around 4-6iu's ED for around 6 months and that is not exactly cheap. i have an appointment next week to get an epiphyseal exam done to see if my growth plates are still open. even if i do get the "OK" on my growth plates, i would not be able to afford 6 months of treatment. i just hate how i am 5'7. i mean i am only 20 and maybe i could have a late growth spur but i doubt it. my parents and grandparents were both short so there is probably no hope for me.

Thread Information