Tribex is offline Associate Member

Why so many on HRT?

It just occured to me, i hear a lot about people being on HRT on these boards. Before i became a member here, i never really heard about HRT, now it seems like i'm reading that every other person is on it. What i'm curious about is did those of you who are on it start after steroid use , or before? Is there a noticable relationship between AAS users and guys now on HRT? Guess i'm just worring about my future...

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribex
    It just occured to me, i hear a lot about people being on HRT on these boards. Before i became a member here, i never really heard about HRT, now it seems like i'm reading that every other person is on it. What i'm curious about is did those of you who are on it start after steroid use, or before? Is there a noticable relationship between AAS users and guys now on HRT? Guess i'm just worring about my future...
    I've had low levels for years and it has nothing to do with steroids .

dogsofwar is offline Member
    I told the dr that I was fatigued, no libido, etc. He had my blood levels checked out and started me on hrt right away. I think the medical community is really beginning to address low testosterone levels more aggresively. The dr's usually give barely enough to get by. So I began to take it into my own devilish hands....

max-it is offline Member
    i'm on hrt and i never did any steroids before going on hrt. doctors are just checking men more frequently for the problem, before it simply went undiagnosed.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    My guess is that 99.9% of the general population has no comprehention of hormone levels and what they do for you, while AAS users would be much more educated and likely to ask their doc's the right questions.

If all you do is sit at a desk all day and file paper, come home, drink a few beers and watch TV then how would you ever know your test levels are sub-par? You wouldn't, low sex drive would probably be blamed on something else. But for older guys that have been lifting for years, they'd know if it suddenly started to drop off - less motivation, lowered sex drive, stopped gaining muscle at the same rate, gaining fat, less strength etc. They'd see the signs in the gym and else where and know the cause.

My theory anyway

Very interesting guys. thanks for the quick responses.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    My guess is that 99.9% of the general population has no comprehention of hormone levels and what they do for you, while AAS users would be much more educated and likely to ask their doc's the right questions.

If all you do is sit at a desk all day and file paper, come home, drink a few beers and watch TV then how would you ever know your test levels are sub-par? You wouldn't, low sex drive would probably be blamed on something else. But for older guys that have been lifting for years, they'd know if it suddenly started to drop off - less motivation, lowered sex drive, stopped gaining muscle at the same rate, gaining fat, less strength etc. They'd see the signs in the gym and else where and know the cause.

My theory anyway

Good way to view it

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    For me HRT is the way to get legit AAS:-) Find a good doc, so you could get all your stuff in right doses and human grade.

How old were you guys when you started it?

muscleup is offline Associate Member
    Bump for this question
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribex
    How old were you guys when you started it?

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Good thread.

desron1 is offline New Member
    I started HRT at 52 y/o. Never a bodybuilder but fitness concious from military reserve duty fitness requirements. Felt myself slipping in all areas during my last few semi-annual PRT exams and after I retired last year I didn't want to continue to lose my physical capabilities.
    Did some research and eventually enrolled in on-line HRT program. (When I approached my own primary MD he ran some labs and noted my T levels were within norms and indicated it would be "quackery" if he prescribed HRT under that circumstance.
    On-line HRT programs look to get T levels at, or above, the upper norm.
    Started on T-Cyp 200mg. weekly in Dec 2003. Began HGH in the spring of 2004 and currently on 3 i.u.s ed Fitropin from Kexing.
    I am feeling significantly better since initiating this therapy although I have a touch of BPH which is exacerbated by the HGH/HRT combo.

dogsofwar is offline Member
    34 yrs. Hoping to get injectables next time. Andro-jiz doesn't cut it.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I lifted for years and quit after becoming fatiged, depressed and gaining a buch of weight not to mention no sex drive. I was 37 when diagnosed. I had to beg my doctor to check for it. No AS before HRT.

JMack is offline Junior Member
    My test levels were low and I was put on at 22, never had done AS till recently.

Addicted2Mass is offline New Member

wuss when it comes to needles...

so my question is have you guys gotten good results from the patches? Who does your injections anyway? (yup, I'm new to the whole HRT thing)

Also, once you start is it something that will be for the rest of your life? Cuz I really like to travel and spend up to 3 weeks out of the country each summer/winter.

May I ask what BPH is;
    "desron1
    I am feeling significantly better since initiating this therapy although I have a touch of BPH which is exacerbated by the HGH/HRT combo."

big_tone is offline Junior Member
    How can some of you guys go on hrt like it's nothing? I mean, aren't you risking infertility?

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I hope to jump on the band wagon when I hit about 30 well as far as HGH goes =)

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ive had low level evr since d-bol cycle only (didnt know about AR back then, not even sure if it was around!). After this cycle, and a very good pct of hcg , clomid and nolva, Im going to go get test and see about TRT.

Thread Information