spooledup is offline Banned

Uh oh, I may be injured

Indirectly related to steriods since I'm currently using 40mg var a day and into my third week. Didn't know where else to post so my apologies.

Please take a look at the pic I just took. Wed. night I was doing wide grip chin-ups when my left lat pulled and I stopped. The next morning it hurt like a bitch! Now it feels ok but my shoulder feels weak. And I have this strange bruise!! How could this lat injury be realted ?!?!?

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd go to the doc if I were you.

thunder20 is offline Associate Member
    definatly go see the doc, everything you tell them is confidential so tell him what your doing and what happened....good luck even though i am sure its nothing serious

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    i would go see the doc, but i dont think there is a need to tell him that you're on the juice, just have him take some x-rays of your shoulder to see whats up. You may just let it rest for a few days before going to see if that takes care of it and then go to the doc if it duznt heal up...........good luck bro

Trifecta is offline New Member
    I had that same mark on my bicep and i didnt go to the doctor... It lasted about 5 months then went away... i still worked out.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i hope u have insurance cause an xray aint gonna work u need an mri. i pulled my calf thur nite next morning it hurt but there was no bruise i showed it to a doc during my clinical rotation and he said u r ok as long as there is no bruising. he said bruising usually indicates that u have ripped the muscle from the bone. so good luck bro and i hope it works out.

dogsofwar is offline Member
    Sounds like you tore your lat. I had an injury similar to that when I played football. Not a lot of fun. Hope you get well.

I wrote a response but when I submitted it the window timed out and I lost it...gah.

Today is push day I'm going to stay light and see what happens.

Angelis is offline Banned
    If your injured bro and you indeed did rip the muscle from the bone you shouldnt be working out... go to the goc first!

Tribex is offline Associate Member
    Its ur lat bro... that part of the arm is where the lat joins to the humerous. Get that checkout right away and dont do anything stupid lifting. Good luck bro, we all hope ur gonna be ok. It would really bite to have to end a cycle early.

Thanks for all of input and comments guys.

Push routine went fine. I was able to go moderately heavy without any pain.

Looks like I can still train lower body and push effectively so I'm not coming off. Back day will be a joke for the next few weeks. I hear var is good for rebuilding connective tissue so thats another reason to stay on.

I really hate going to the doc. And I heard one case where the patient confided in the doctor and he then reported the person to their insurance company and the person got canceled. Oh yeah, i have good insurance so that isn't a problem.

You guys really think the doc is necessary? There is no pain from my bicep area. It certainly isn't an emergency room thing is it?

Thanks bros!

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    You definitely want to have the doc check it out. You do not have to tell him everything, except that you were working you back and then this happened. It is probably no big deal, but then again I am not a medical expert. However, I have heard of guys working muscles after an injury only to cause more injury. Go see the doctor, it will not hurt you to find out if you can work through this or not. I am sure your overall goal is to recover as quickly as possible and with that said it is better to know than not to know because I am sure you do not want to cause more harm than good right?

I hope everything works out and good luck

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    think about like this if you have a piece of fabric like towel u can pull it apart and its pretty strong but once a small tear starts it is very easy to rip it all the way thru. like fat guy said dont mention the gear just say u were workin out. better to be safe than sorry!

dogsofwar is offline Member
    Lat tears can be painful for quite some time if you do not nurse it properly. My tear was a little lower, but it pained me for about 3 months. Don't push your injury as it could be tempormental for a lot longer!

Thread Information