BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

Jason Giambi has cancer!!! ITS FROM THE STEROIDS!!!

I just got done watching cnn and they were saying how a source told them that the benign tumor that giambi is getting treated is located in his pituitary gland. They then made the statement that this goes to prove his steroid use , or at least raise flags....what do you think

falker is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker
    I just got done watching cnn and they were saying how a source told them that the benign tumor that giambi is getting treated is located in his pituitary gland. They then made the statement that this goes to prove his steroid use, or at least raise flags....what do you think
    Wonder if it was from inusulin injections? Don't really know if just test and other AAS would effect that gland.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I think CNN should educate themselves before they open their fat cake holes!!

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    With all the **** that causes cancer these days, how do they know it was AAS. That is some bad reporting. I thought journalists are supposed to leave their opinions out of the story.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I think CNN should educate themselves before they open their fat cake holes!!
    i dont like open fat cake holes

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    seems like whenever there is something wrong with an athlete they link it to performancing inhancing substances

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Ro
    seems like whenever there is something wrong with an athlete they link it to performancing inhancing substances
    Politcal agenda.

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    The fact that it is in the pituitary does raise eyebrows. But if its benign why are they even treating it, just cut it out.

Soup is offline Associate Member
    I agree whole heartedly with Money Boss hustla

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    cake holes!

Aboot is offline Banned
    I just want to know why absolutely no one is allowed to talk about the secrecy around his mystery illness in the mainstream media. Something has to be going on...

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoLifter
    The fact that it is in the pituitary does raise eyebrows. But if its benign why are they even treating it, just cut it out.
    I agree. Why make such a big deal out of it if it is not cancerus? People have a tendency to blow these things out of proportion. Beyond all that, what business does the media have reporting that because it is in his pituitary gland that he must be using. Yeah because it's in his pituitary gland does bring about some suspision, but maybe his family has a history of pituitary problems. No one knows for sure and all we can do is assume, but you know what happens when you assume...you make an a$$ out of you and me. How about this...instead of the media bashing Jason for something they have no fvking clue about, why not offer their condolenses to him and his family and wish him a speedy recovery?

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ODC0717
    I agree. Why make such a big deal out of it if it is not cancerus? People have a tendency to blow these things out of proportion. Beyond all that, what business does the media have reporting that because it is in his pituitary gland that he must be using. Yeah because it's in his pituitary gland does bring about some suspision, but maybe his family has a history of pituitary problems. No one knows for sure and all we can do is assume, but you know what happens when you assume...you make an a$$ out of you and me. How about this...instead of the media bashing Jason for something they have no fvking clue about, why not offer their condolenses to him and his family and wish him a speedy recovery?
    But why all of the mystery and harsh criticism from the media if they begin to ask questions? Now, I know that he has a right to privacy, etc. but he is a professional athlete and is acting like he has something to hide. Very weird.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    But why all of the mystery and harsh criticism from the media if they begin to ask questions? Now, I know that he has a right to privacy, etc. but he is a professional athlete and is acting like he has something to hide. Very weird.
    Maybe it's not that he has something to hide, maybe he dosen't want to get everyone all paranoid until it's all taken care of and they know what caused it. If it is from steroids , though, I highly doubt they would confirm it for obvious reasons. Maybe it's no ones business but him and his family and friends. After all this shat is settled, perhaps he will make a public statement to ease everyones mind. I just hope that he is going to be okay because a tumor, anywhere is not a joking matter and it upsets me that the media has taken the kind of stance it has on the situation.

Gilster is offline Member
    I hate Lyle Alzado!

I've never used it, but HGH WILL suppress the natural production in the pituitary gland after several months, correct?...Nonetheless the media has to put everyone out like its there business to know. Until they have solid, sound evidence that it's from AAS they should just let it be his personal business.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like BS

detroit is offline Banned
    I just got done watching cnn and they were saying how a source told them that the benign tumor that giambi is getting treated is located in his pituitary gland. They then made the statement that this goes to prove his steroid use, or at least raise flags....what do you think
    If Giambi was a rock start they would of said it was because of his Coke habbit. If he was an X-games athlete they would of said it was because of his Weed habbit. If someone in baseball so much as gets a common cold any more: ITS BECAUSE OF THE STEROIDS . The media are a bunch of jump to conclusion idiots IMO.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Its crap like this that keeps the wifes and mothers hating the idea of their men/sons doing roids and sure to catch all kind of hell when the wife catches ya. **** I wish theyed stop this misinformation, its making my life a living HELL when she thinks I am breaking out too much acne on back or growing muscles too fast.

Just when you finally get the wife talked into letting you do a cycle so you dont have to be sneaky, boom another bomb like this lands.

biofx is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't be so quick to call BS on this one. Tumors in the pituitary gland are not very common. We all know hormones DIRECTLY effect the function of the pituitary gland. There is clearly a link here. However, I am in no way implying everyone who uses AAS is going to have pituitary tumors.

Jason Giambi also did use steroids . So do a million other athletes, but I think it is safe to say that he has used. Why else would he be so ASHAMED of a tumor of the brain? That is not very embarressing at all, but answering a million media reports on steroids is. I know he has a right to privacy, but he is a public figure who makes millions of dollars. It is our business.

Even though it is benign, the reason they are probably removing it is because it is inhibiting the proper function of his pituitary. He was complaing about no energy and he lost a lot of weight, he probably is not producing the hormones he should be. I also heard they are going to treat his tumor with steroids.

superstar is offline New Member
    First of all, if it's benign, it's not cancer. Cancer reuires malignancy of the tissue, and benign tumors don't metastasize like malignant ones do.

It could be from a number of other hormones introduced in the body. When you introduce exogenious hormone, especially one that uses the pituitary as a controller of the hormone, it would first cause the pituitary (whatever area of it that controls the specific hormone) to atrophy. When the introduction of exogenious hormone is ceased, the pituitary has to compensate by producing more of the hormone necessary to put the body back into equalibriium. If it works too hard, it can cause hypertrophy and hyperplasia of the pituitary. Since FSH is pituitary, steroids could have affected the abnormal hypertrophy and hyperplasia he is experiencing, but it could have been a number of other hormones controlled by the pituitary, such as cortisol, T3 and T4, and the countless other hormones that the pituitary controls the release of.

215 is offline Associate Member
    B.S. but he did juice

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i dont know about his cancer or tumor but dude has some badass bikes!

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    They can crucify him for this but won't mention our president has been on vacation for over 50% of his time in office. What they focus on is always politically motivated. Always, because they're money is heavily affected by politics. And we know what cash flow can make a business do.

Shortyrock13 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Ro

or performance enhancing substances for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Shortyrock13
    or performance enhancing substances for that matter

Gilster is offline Member
    I still hate Lyle Alzado!!!

NewBreed is offline Associate Member
    What about the millions of people using cortisone?-never heard of any carciogenic action of it.

cancer is still killer No.1 or 2 donīt know if itīs after heart and vascular deseases,so itīs not a big surprise any athlete gettinī it.Sorry for him and I wish him a quick recovery.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    CNN Sucks!

DOUGTM1SS is offline Associate Member
    That Report Was Full Of Bs, It Has Never Been Proven That Steroids Causes Cancer, That Is Predetermined In Our Own Dna, Heck Even If You Listened To All The Possible Causes Of Cancer Coming Out You Would Die Anyway So Why Bother Listening To The Uneducated When It Comes To This Bs.

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    I actually know Jason and speak to him often. Met at Vegas a few years back at a New Years party, yada yada yada. Anyway, its NOT from the steroids . LOL Its NOT CANCER, and its taken care of.

I just f'ing hate the way that the media portrays this image and ideology to the populas for the sake of selling ad space. F'ing aholes.

Roadisafunnyword is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryin2getHUGE
    I actually know Jason and speak to him often. Met at Vegas a few years back at a New Years party, yada yada yada. Anyway, its NOT from the steroids . LOL Its NOT CANCER, and its taken care of.

I just f'ing hate the way that the media portrays this image and ideology to the populas for the sake of selling ad space. F'ing aholes.
    explain oh great one.....how is it "taken care of"

Quote Originally Posted by Roadisafunnyword
    explain oh great one.....how is it "taken care of"
    Don't get snappy boy. If it's benign it's not technically "cancer" and all they need to do is cut it out. Simple, albeit not pleasent, procedure.

Roadisafunnyword is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    Don't get snappy boy. If it's benign it's not technically "cancer" and all they need to do is cut it out. Simple, albeit not pleasent, procedure.
    Didnt somone say it was a tumour in his frontal lobe??

Thread Information