got fina? is offline Member

Do steroids weaken your immune system.

Whats up guys? I recently came off my cycle which concisted of Tren /Win and ran it for 3 months. Everything worked out great and got really nice results.
    2 weeks ago i took my last shot and the next day went on vacation for a week. Now i just came back from vacation and for the last week ive been getting the worst chills at night and in the morning which feels like a really bad fever. During the day it goes away then at night comes back. Its been a week now and i cant shake it. Now i rarely get sick maybe like once a year.
    Do u think the juice played a part in this or just a coincidence???

Thanx again....

heater is offline Junior Member
    some of my buddies did winny and they all got sick and had almost exactly what your decribing. So i would have to imagine that it is not a coincidence.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I would not think so -- they give test to aids patients for wasting away.

GoingBiG is offline Junior Member
    Anabolic weakens your immune system:

SCU study reveals serious side effects of performance enhancing drugs
    As the countdown continues to the Athens Olympics, a new study by a team of Southern Cross University (SCU) scientists has revealed serious new side effects of performance enhancing drugs.

The SCU study, led by Dr Robert Weatherby, has revealed that the use of anabolic steroids may significantly increase susceptibility to viral infections and cancers and raises questions about the dangers of long-term use of the banned substances.

The study, completed over six weeks under strict ethical and health controls, was carried out in conjunction with Mentorn, Channel 4 (UK) and New Scientist. The experiment formed part of the documentary “High Performance”, which screens on Foxtel tonight (Wednesday, August 11).

Dr Weatherby said the study revealed that using anabolic steroids , even at doses 50 times less than those commonly used by steroid abusers, significantly increased susceptibility to viral infections and cancers by weakening a vital part of the body’s immune system.

The researchers also found that steroids could cause a change in the users’ psychology, reducing their empathy for other people, and making them less sensitive to the effect of their actions on others. Unlike other drugs, which merely alter mood for a short time, this new evidence indicates steroids may cause a change to human personality, which is normally stable throughout life – a result that has potential implications for those convicted of criminal offences related to so called “roid rage ”.

“Athletes have used these drugs for a long time, hoping to improve their performance, but now for the first time we’ve been able to show that androgenic anabolic steroids have a seriously detrimental effect on a specific part of the human body’s immune system,” Dr Weatherby said.

“Even at the doses we gave – 3.5 milligrams per kilogram of bodyweight per week – 50 times less than those commonly used by athletes and bodybuilders, and for a period of only six weeks - the body’s ability to defend itself against viruses and cancers is likely to be significantly lessened.

“Anyone taking steroids over a long period of time - to improve their athletic performance in the short term - is potentially seriously endangering their health.”

The study involved a group of 24 multi-national volunteers who were based at a training camp in NSW. The volunteers were divided into two groups. One group was injected with an anabolic steroid (testosterone enanthate ) and the second group injected with a placebo. The test was “double blind” so that neither the volunteers nor the scientists knew who was given what. The volunteers were then put through a training regime under the supervision of an Olympic standard coach.

Dr Weatherby said the study found that the effectiveness of NK (natural killer) cells, a type of white blood cell crucial to the body’s immune system, was reduced by 20% in those administered with the testosterone . This means that for the first time, a test on humans has linked androgenic anabolic steroids with a reduction in the NK cells’ ability to destroy diseased body cells – such as those infected with a virus or tumour. This reduction comes on top of the already reduced immune system that many athletes have through stressing their bodies with intensive training. It is believed that the reduction in NK Cell activity would be even greater at the higher level of steroids normally taken by bodybuilders and sports people.

The scientists also discovered significant psychological changes in those administered with testosterone, including effects on personality. These included a reduction in a psychological factor called sensitivity. This finding is significant because very few drugs cause an actual change to the personality, rather than just heightening mood swings after which the user returns to normal. The changes to personality result in a less empathetic, more compliant person who would take less responsibility for their actions. This may have legal implications, as for the first time, people using steroids who are charged with a criminal offence may be able to argue a defence of diminished responsibility.

Dr Weatherby said the results of the study demonstrated the need for further studies into the side-effects of performance enhancing drugs and SCU was considering avenues for ongoing research.

The SCU team of scientists was led by Dr Weatherby and included Postdoctoral Fellow Dr Sonya Marshall-Gradisnik, Associate Lecturer Ms Rosanne Coutts, Senior Lecturer Mr Rudi Meir and Mr Shane Rogerson. Other SCU academics and researchers took part in the project.

Media contact: Brigid Veale, SCU Media Liaison, 66593006 or m. 0439 680 748.

Alexander the Graet is offline Associate Member
    no they dont

GoingBiG is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Graet
    no they dont
    That's really something to say when i post an articel...

kubano28 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingBiG
    Anabolic weakens your immune system:

SCU study reveals serious side effects of performance enhancing drugs
    As the countdown continues to the Athens Olympics, a new study by a team of Southern Cross University (SCU) scientists has revealed serious new side effects of performance enhancing drugs.

The SCU study, led by Dr Robert Weatherby, has revealed that the use of anabolic steroids may significantly increase susceptibility to viral infections and cancers and raises questions about the dangers of long-term use of the banned substances.

The study, completed over six weeks under strict ethical and health controls, was carried out in conjunction with Mentorn, Channel 4 (UK) and New Scientist. The experiment formed part of the documentary “High Performance”, which screens on Foxtel tonight (Wednesday, August 11).

Dr Weatherby said the study revealed that using anabolic steroids , even at doses 50 times less than those commonly used by steroid abusers, significantly increased susceptibility to viral infections and cancers by weakening a vital part of the body’s immune system.

The researchers also found that steroids could cause a change in the users’ psychology, reducing their empathy for other people, and making them less sensitive to the effect of their actions on others. Unlike other drugs, which merely alter mood for a short time, this new evidence indicates steroids may cause a change to human personality, which is normally stable throughout life – a result that has potential implications for those convicted of criminal offences related to so called “roid rage ”.

“Athletes have used these drugs for a long time, hoping to improve their performance, but now for the first time we’ve been able to show that androgenic anabolic steroids have a seriously detrimental effect on a specific part of the human body’s immune system,” Dr Weatherby said.

“Even at the doses we gave – 3.5 milligrams per kilogram of bodyweight per week – 50 times less than those commonly used by athletes and bodybuilders, and for a period of only six weeks - the body’s ability to defend itself against viruses and cancers is likely to be significantly lessened.

“Anyone taking steroids over a long period of time - to improve their athletic performance in the short term - is potentially seriously endangering their health.”

The study involved a group of 24 multi-national volunteers who were based at a training camp in NSW. The volunteers were divided into two groups. One group was injected with an anabolic steroid (testosterone enanthate ) and the second group injected with a placebo. The test was “double blind” so that neither the volunteers nor the scientists knew who was given what. The volunteers were then put through a training regime under the supervision of an Olympic standard coach.

Dr Weatherby said the study found that the effectiveness of NK (natural killer) cells, a type of white blood cell crucial to the body’s immune system, was reduced by 20% in those administered with the testosterone . This means that for the first time, a test on humans has linked androgenic anabolic steroids with a reduction in the NK cells’ ability to destroy diseased body cells – such as those infected with a virus or tumour. This reduction comes on top of the already reduced immune system that many athletes have through stressing their bodies with intensive training. It is believed that the reduction in NK Cell activity would be even greater at the higher level of steroids normally taken by bodybuilders and sports people.

The scientists also discovered significant psychological changes in those administered with testosterone, including effects on personality. These included a reduction in a psychological factor called sensitivity. This finding is significant because very few drugs cause an actual change to the personality, rather than just heightening mood swings after which the user returns to normal. The changes to personality result in a less empathetic, more compliant person who would take less responsibility for their actions. This may have legal implications, as for the first time, people using steroids who are charged with a criminal offence may be able to argue a defence of diminished responsibility.

Dr Weatherby said the results of the study demonstrated the need for further studies into the side-effects of performance enhancing drugs and SCU was considering avenues for ongoing research.

The SCU team of scientists was led by Dr Weatherby and included Postdoctoral Fellow Dr Sonya Marshall-Gradisnik, Associate Lecturer Ms Rosanne Coutts, Senior Lecturer Mr Rudi Meir and Mr Shane Rogerson. Other SCU academics and researchers took part in the project.

Media contact: Brigid Veale, SCU Media Liaison, 66593006 or m. 0439 680 748.
    good post bro

latino_athlete is offline Associate Member
    yea nice post

Illium is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by latino_athlete
    yea nice post
    my thoughts exactly, thanks for the post bro

statuZ is offline Banned
    then why do they give steroids to AIDS patients?

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY
    I would not think so -- they give test to aids patients for wasting away.

100 % correct.

Post all the bull**** studies you want. Steroids do not weaken your immune system.

I love this comment....

Just shut up. Go back to school. Your scare tactics aren't working here.

S R H is offline Associate Member
    My retarded friend that knows nothing about BB'ing said that his uncle did "steroids " and he dipped, and it killed him. lol... he said that it lowered his white blood cells and that made his sh!t more severe could this really have happened. Thjx lata

bake is offline Junior Member

Sick as Hell!!!!!!!!!

My experience earlier in the year says **** right your immune system is weakened by juice. I came down with a horrible flu for that lasted about 3 weeks. Eventually I ran across a couple of older people that were friends with my parents who had exactly the same symptoms that I had. Up until that point I was really questioning the gear I was taking. I was taking UG Test Enan, EQ, & Tren . Everything was going great and then all of a sudden I had a fatigue and fever set in that really had me worried at the time. I called a doctor friend of mine and did a lot of bloodwork and everything came back normal so he said it was a late season flu but I was still a bit skeptical about the diagnosis until I heard of the other cases. When it comes down to it any point of view here is pure speculation but my experience says it will make you more susceptable to illness than normal.

Bake

curiousity is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    then why do they give steroids to AIDS patients?
    They give steriods to AIDS patients to fight the muscle wasting that occurs when a person has AIDS.

And also to give them the "roid rage " to then have the will to fight for their life....

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousity
    They give steriods to AIDS patients to fight the muscle wasting that occurs when a person has AIDS.

And also to give them the "roid rage " to then have the will to fight for their life....
    thats really not funny even though you didnt mean it, AIDS is a terrible disease that many people a day die and or suffer from. But i still want to know if steroids lower your immune system?

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    That's not the flu. That's your body going "holy ****" What's this foreign substance in my body??

Quote Originally Posted by bake
    My experience earlier in the year says **** right your immune system is weakened by juice. I came down with a horrible flu for that lasted about 3 weeks. Eventually I ran across a couple of older people that were friends with my parents who had exactly the same symptoms that I had. Up until that point I was really questioning the gear I was taking. I was taking UG Test Enan, EQ, & Tren . Everything was going great and then all of a sudden I had a fatigue and fever set in that really had me worried at the time. I called a doctor friend of mine and did a lot of bloodwork and everything came back normal so he said it was a late season flu but I was still a bit skeptical about the diagnosis until I heard of the other cases. When it comes down to it any point of view here is pure speculation but my experience says it will make you more susceptable to illness than normal.

Bake

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    When STARTING a cycle, you body does in fact create an immune responce to the superficial levels you just gave your body. This is what many call the test flu, while its actually non viral at all, but your body reacting to the AAS.

While coming off cycle, as testosterone levels are much lower and near 0, your immune system does get weak.

On cycle, when your body is adapted to the high levels, I have never experienced a dip in any of my CBCs.

The fluctuation of the hormone levels, do however lower your immune response. I would not say its nessicarily the AAS itself, more as the change in homeostasis. This applies to many things though.

There are, as posted, studies showing a negative impact, however Ive yet to find one that was conclusive. Most of them "possibly suggest"

Thats my opinion

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    awesome post, but i'm still gonna juice my way through life once i grow up

bake is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    That's not the flu. That's your body going "holy ****" What's this foreign substance in my body??
    I was really thinking I had some bad gear or at the least had a bad reaction to good gear but I was calmed by hearing of 3 people who were definately not juicing have the exact same symptoms as me. Who knows? It has been long enough now that it is not as fresh in my memory so I AM READY TO ROLL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bake

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    100 % correct.

Post all the bull**** studies you want. Steroids do not weaken your immune system.

I love this comment....

I read something from a Harvard study that showed mixed results. Actually there is 20% increased resistence to viruses and 10% decreased resistence to bacteria. Of course all is relative to proper intake of protein, carbs and vitamens. There is an increased consumption of all of the above while using steroids, if not enough protein is taken, it will be stolen from the immune system for example but the 20% increased resistence to viruses come with testosterone use while taking adequate amounts of nutrition. There is also a very clear increase in white blood cells, just as most have problems with red blood cells as well (having too many).

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    I read something from a Harvard study that showed mixed results. Actually there is 20% increased resistence to viruses and 10% decreased resistence to bacteria. Of course all is relative to proper intake of protein, carbs and vitamens. There is an increased consumption of all of the above while using steroids, if not enough protein is taken, it will be stolen from the immune system for example but the 20% increased resistence to viruses come with testosterone use while taking adequate amounts of nutrition. There is also a very clear increase in white blood cells, just as most have problems with red blood cells as well (having too many).
    can i see this study to show my friend, if you can find it. thanks man

I dont know if it does or doesnt lower your immune system. I just found it hard to believe it was a coincidence for me since i never get sick, cant remember the last time i had a fever, and yet came off a 3 month long fina/Win cycle 2 weeks ago and exactly 1 week after coming off im getting 102 fevers every night like clock work.
    I find it funny how im ok during the day then come 8 pm i get the worst chills and start to shake. Its been a week now with the same symptoms. If by monday its not gone im visiting the doc.

Thanx again.......

whats up guys? Anyways went to doctor and he said i got a Neumonia.

I got no idea how i got this fuken shyt. And never heard of anybody with it but there3 goes my training.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I think that being sick and muscle growth are two totally different things in the same realm.

I mean, the fact that your muscles are growing doesnt mean that your not going to be susceptible to viruses or infections. Possibly even more so, considering your body is actively trying to recover from all the hard workouts which all of us most likely do .. and possibly even overtrain which can possibly lower your immune system or weaken it making you more susceptible to illness.

But, the fact that aids patients take AS to maintain muscle who have weakened immune systems and can still maintain and build muscle while having a weakened immune system prove the fact they are two totally different actions, one does affect the other indirectly as opposed to directly. If they directly affected each other, aids patients would not get AS... they would waste away with a lowered immune system.

this post is confusing me now... and Im not retyping a dam thing.

but, my point is AS for maintenance and growth and immune system functionality is not related. The only relation is that if your sick, the AS will most likely keep you from wasting away as if you werent on it. And that overtraining may lower your immunity, and make you more susceptible to becoming sick

Anxietykilla is offline New Member
    Sounds like toxic shock symdrome to me.......but thats just skepticism......

Thread Information