Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shortyrock13 is offline Associate Member

Low dose 1st cycle

As a refresher, I am 22, I have been a competitive athlete all of my life( well Im washed up and over the hill now )and lifting seriously in conjunction with my atheltic pursuits since 16 (so thats 6 years of serious training). I eat well and get 8 hours of sleep a night. I weigh 175 now, and I am 5'6", I'd say by bf% is around 12-14% though it hasn't been tested... judgement based on the fact that I can see my abdominals are well defined, not a diesel 6 pack but a 4 w/ some extra ( very scientific I know). max bench 260, squat 405.

Well I have my stuff together, and alot of people might think im a box, but I would appreciate serious input here. I realize alot of the bro's think that the minimum for a 1st cycle of test e would be 400-500 mg /wk and with a meticulous workout regime combined with proper diet and rest this generally seems to yield around 20-30 lbs. with roughly 2/3rds being kept after one comes off.

However... I have also heard of people getting good results from 250 mg/wk of test E on a first cycle thought obviously not as dramatic. Being the huge pussbag that I am, I am not really interested in going 400-500mg the first time around, infact, I'd rather gain 16-20lbs and keep 10-12 than jump 30 lbs in a little over two months( I gain fairly easily).

This is my proposal for an 8 weeker just to test the waters.
    wk 1 20 mg dbol ED
    wk2-4 30mg dbol ED
    wk 1-8 250mg RT test E (every 6th d)
    wk 1-8 25mg prov eod
    wk 11-13 clomid pct
    perhaps some prop up to pct

I know alot of bros are gonna say go for 400 minimum or you're wasting your time etc. so does this mean with a cycle such as this I would gain nothing?
    I would also like to hear from people who have done lower dose cycles as I have read older posts that say 250/wk 1st time is straight and you will get resuslts.
    Also by every 6th day I believe that it will be slightly higher than 250 a week, and I have also heard RT products are slightly overdosed.
    Thanks for the advice people, and sorry for being so longwinded, Im just excited

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Half my cycle was low dose, and I got great results!!!! See link below.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I have known people to do just 250mg/wk and have great results bro, although I usually recommend 500mg/wk to someone on here looking for a first cycle just in case 250mg/wk doesnt do the trick

Grant is offline Member
    if we can't convince you to go higher on the test dose, do adjust your dbol to a consisten level like 30mg ed for four weeks.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    I'd drop the Dbol all together...
    Go for a 12 weeker of 1cc every 5 to 7 days of teat only.
    Whatever anti e every day and clomid for post.

Sounds like you have your head on straight with wanting to gain in smaller incriments!

JMHO

D

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    I have no personal experience, but I have read that 250 mg of test a week is enough to shut down your nuts but not enough to make any decent gains...

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    There are some other great threads on low dose test cycles with comments from vets and great members. do a search on "low dose".

As far as 250mg not being enough, it just might be fine for a first time user to get some good gains. I think it was stated that on average men produce 75mg per week naturally so 250 is going to be a good boost. Others would say don't run anything under 400 for a first. I would say it is better to start off low with a test only cycle and see how you react to it. Meaning how prone you are to gyno and other sides as well as the benefits. You can always increase later after your first well executed low dose cycle. Test only is a very reasonably priced undertaking, the anti-e's you will need like nolva and liquidex are also pretty reasonable.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSmall
    I have no personal experience, but I have read that 250 mg of test a week is enough to shut down your nuts but not enough to make any decent gains...
    Absolutely wrong. My first cycle was sust 250 and deca 200 and I made great gains. Your plan looks great so go for it. I agree with the Dent. Id drop the dbol and go a couple weeks longer on the test. Good luck!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Have a friend that did 250mg of sus gained 17lbs and kept them

JohnnyB

djsir007 is offline Associate Member
    You will be fine. I really believe in low doses and have had great success with them. I may in the future up my doses, but not until I cant do it with low doses. 8 weeks of Test E @ 250/week should give you about 15-20lbs. Good luck and keep us up to date.

I believe in them so well, that I am rethinking my next cycle.......

Stea7jjdyEddie is offline Associate Member
    djsir007.... was wondering how much weight did you put on using the low dosages of test e? I am looking to do the same thing that you did 250mg's for 10 weeks with 25mg's of d-bol for the first 4 weeks to kick start my cycle. And also is doing a pyramid with test E a good idea or bad? Any input would be greatly appreicated!

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Nthin wrong with goin 500mg test p week bro, its pretty much a novice cycle. But like every1 else has mentioned on here, 250mg p/week may do the job. The only reason why i wouldnt go 250mgs p/week is coz if it doeasnt work then you have just wasted ur gear. Surely 500mg test p/week should have more chance of workin then 250mg p/week. Good luck and keep us posted hehe

-Gear

Steele is offline Member
    my first cycle was an 8 weeker of 250mg test enanthate , i was timid my first time and a little uneducated so i was afraid of sides. that cycle was almost a complete waste of time. i bet when it was all said and done i put on 10 pounds and kept 5.all i really did was shrink my nuts. second cycle i did sus 250 every six days and deca at 300mg and blew up. gained 15 kept around 12 lbs. this is the perfect beginner cycle.imo of course. you never really know how your body will react. i have done about four cycles and have never used or needed anti e's. i guess a cycle of 250mg test e would give you an idea on what to do next...

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    my main concern is underdosed gear...if yours is not dosed properly and you're getting less than 250mg per week then it's possible to not get good gains and just shut you down. As a precaution i would go with 300-350 just to be sure you are infact getting the minimum of 250. just my .02

Steele is offline Member
    i completely agree with bigsd67

When you rely on diet, training and recovery instead of gear for gain, you make reasonable gains that are more keep-able. What's the use of gaining 25-30lbs, then keep 17-22 of them. Your putting unneeded stress on your body.

JohnnyB

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    When you rely on diet, training and recovery instead of gear for gain, you make reasonable gains that are more keep-able. What's the use of gaining 25-30lbs, then keep 17-22 of them. Your putting unneeded stress on your body.

JohnnyB
    very good point, your diet should be the main focus in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d
    very good point, your diet should be the main focus in my opinion
    Agreed. Most guys that do not gain on their first cycle of 250 of test were probably not eating and training right.

Steele is offline Member
    or maybe all of us just react differently to it.

jeanz08 is offline New Member
    Hey man i took have taken 4 cycles before....5'9" 200lbs 10-12%bf

1st year college 1st-- d-bol 25 mg for 6 weeks....blew up but lost most of it..no pct either!

2nd year college 2nd--fina 50 mg. eod for six weeks by itself...got amazing results, played college football last 2 years(not anymore..goofed up mcl) and lifted for strength, although already strong at the time anyways(5'9" 185) last year..i bumped my bench from 225 14 x's to 225 23 x's, squat from 365 8-10 x's to 425 6 x's and hang clean from 205 x's 3 to 250 x's 5 and put on about 5-6 lbs of solid muscle(gained about 10 lbs or more)

2nd year college 3rd cycle --i took 250 test per week along with 20-50 mg d-bol for 8 weeks and developed very very well and was up to about 205 2 months past cycle and i maintained for months until summer time where i am a blocklayer in 90 degree heat and lose 15 lbs every summer bc i burn so many calories with an already high metabolism and i cant eat enough...so i came into football camp at about 179

3rd year college 3rd cycle--currently 8 weeks into taking 250 mg test enth and 200 mg deca per week(super low dosages) and am getting incredible results...i am up to where i was and more and only look forward to gaining more from the rest of the cycle....

anyhow---im not telling u this shit or anyone else this shit so that you know something about me.. im telling u bc u can get very good results by taking low dosages which in my opinion i think i can attribute personally to a good sleeping habits, good eating habits and good training intensity and habits.....who wants to gain 20-30 lbs in six weeks anyways...your body cannot get accustomed to that much weight that quick and itll be virtually impossible to maintain if it were solid muscle...some guys on here will argue that they keep that much from a cycle but they fail to meantion that 2/3 of it was flab around their waist...i read an article from dexter jackson and he said that your body at the most is only capable of building 2-3 lbs of muscle per week anyways with all conditions right(diet,training,rest,drugs,etc.)..wouldnt you rather take less health risks with your health by taking lower dosages and get 5-10 lbs of solid muscle that u can maintain in the long run?...

i dont mean to be a know-it-all, but i do know that diet/rest/training have as much to do with gains or not more than juice itself and that if you are willing to do those right...large dosages are not needed or necessary

i just dont want everybody falling into the misconception that large dosages are needed bc they are not...dont use high dosages until you get all u can from small dosages!

ok im done

slamd097 is offline Banned
    hey let me ask you guys this question.
    would you recommend a lower dosage to a newbie, or should they go for all gusto???

250-500mg of test is a good first cycle

JohnnyB

As usual, solid advise from Johny B... So many guys on here try to push higher doses. If you are eating, lifting and resting right, you should be growing on 250 test for a 1st cycle. I know each of our bodies is different regarding sides, etc., but if 250 mgs of test doesn't get your virgin receptors cranking, then you are doing something wrong and it's not the dosage.

I couldnt agree more...great advice!

Again, I basically transformed my body on a low dose cycle. I already have lowered my doses for my next one.

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Again, I basically transformed my body on a low dose cycle. I already have lowered my doses for my next one.
    Same here bro...1st cycle 350mg QV TE/wk x 12 weeks = 25lbs
    2nd cycle 200mg UpJohn TE/wk 10 or 12 or more....hmm we'll see

D

Quote Originally Posted by the dent depot
    Same here bro...1st cycle 350mg QV TE/wk x 12 weeks = 25lbs
    2nd cycle 200mg UpJohn TE/wk 10 or 12 or more....hmm we'll see

D

I'm glad a low dose worked for you as well!!!!!! Are you on your 2nd cycle now? I should be starting either the end of the week or next.

slamd097 is offline Banned
    ok so you are saying that a good start is low and depending on the way you respond depends on if you lower or raise the level. But on test inject every 6th day. But I had seen in another thread where someone suggested one dose on tuesday and friday??? If you are taking 500 mgs' could you do this and still expect good results or are you thinning out the dosage?

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    I'm glad a low dose worked for you as well!!!!!! Are you on your 2nd cycle now? I should be starting either the end of the week or next.
    Just did my 3rd shot...starting to get some wild pumps!

bouya_ak is offline Junior Member
    would 250mg of test E and 250 mg of EQ be the same as 500 mg of test?

Grant is offline Member
    no, because EQ is not a form of test

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow. This is excellent! I remember when I first came to this board (a while ago) almost everyone thought I was crazy when I said low dose cycles can produce great results. It's great to see more people discussing their good experiences on low doses.

If you do a search using my screen name and the phrase "low dose" you'll find detailed discussions on low-dose cycles.

slamd097,

I would recommend a low dose testosterone cycle to a newbie (using long-lasting esters of testosterone such as Cypionate or Enanthate ). Using low doses gives the user a chance to test the waters--to see how his/her body reacts before jumping into higher doses and to see whether his/her diet, rest and exercise regime is correct (although this regime should be in top condition before considering using steroids ). By the way, Toolman was spot on when he wrote (above), "Most guys that do not gain on their first cycle of 250 of test [per week] were probably not eating and training right." I cannot stress enough how perfectly correct Toolman's statement is.

Not only is using low doses a healthy choice, it is economically helpful too. If you can gain 20 lbs on a low dose cycle why pump your body with excess, expensive steroids? Save the money for another cycle.

I'm not going into much detail here on the benefits of low-doses because there are many long, detailed discussions out there on this topic which you can find by searching.

Shortyrock13,

This is your thread, so I want to address you directly: I have used low doses and have had good results (You can check out my progress pics in the members pics section of the board). 250mg-400mg per week of a long lasting ester of testosterone (ie cyp or enan) for a first cycle is a good choice. If you cannot get good results on 250mg of testosterone then something is probalby wrong with you eating, sleeping and lifting regime.

Many people suggest 400mg. But as implied in my post above: "Wouldn't it be better to gain 20lbs on a cycle using 250mg per week as opposed to using an extra 150mg per week to get the same gain?"

Best of luck with your cycle.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-04-2003 at 06:38 PM.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    its not so cut and dry people, just cause you took 250 mg and you didnt gain doesnt mean others wont. eating is the number one thing to get gains. eat, train, and sleep. there are many other factors other than the test thats used. please keep that in mind

MS

BDTR is offline Retired
    I love low doses......

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    lmao

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I love low doses......
    I am sure 250mg test alone will get you to 300lbs

I think a low dose test only cycle is a great way to see how your body is going to react the first time around. Helps you understand where sides are coming as you add compounds later. Helps you understand when you get to certain levels of test administration how many ancillaries you will need. A good experiment in my view.

But I think I will go order a few 50ml jugs of test e now just in case I want to up the dose in the spring

By the way, good to see you are still around BASK8KACE.

Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    By the way, good to see you are still around BASK8KACE.

Thanks, Scottp999. Good to see you too, bro. I'm definitely still here. I might have to start pulling a Bdtr--post whoring to get my senior member status back.

I'm just getting over the shock of seeing everyone's member status change when the board changed the rating scale.

Shortyrock13 is offline Associate Member
    I'd like to thank everyone for their input so far, and I feel that this was a good thread. Im pretty sure im gonna stick with the original idea of 250mg per week, maybe 300, but I think I'll just run the 250 with the dbol kickstart and provi throughout and see how it goes. I know that one loses gains after a cycle, but honestly 20-30 extra on 5-6 174 is a big gain, its not like slapping an extra 20-30 on someone who's 6ft tall, just want a little less for the wee folk

I might have some more E coming in because i might want to extend the cycle by two weeks depending on how its going in the middle.

Hopefully I'll be ready to get my local buddy to do the first one for me this sunday and go from there. Im really psyched, and just wanted to thank everyone for their input and advice so far, its been a great help. Peace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information