DoctaBig is offline Member

Mallet's thyroid guide

I've been looking for this for awhile now. Hopefully someone remembers what i'm even talking about. The post explained mallet's reccommended usage of thyroid, something about a 5/3 split??? i never read it cause i thought i would never use thyroid , but since clen decided to mess with my heart it might be time for a switch up. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctaBig
    I've been looking for this for awhile now. Hopefully someone remembers what i'm even talking about. The post explained mallet's reccommended usage of thyroid, something about a 5/3 split??? i never read it cause i thought i would never use thyroid , but since clen decided to mess with my heart it might be time for a switch up. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
    ????

lol...i guess that counts you out

type in t3, clik search, and ill bet mallets thread will pop up
    its magic

thanks bro...im not a moron... i tried that and it didnt work, i think it may have got deleted during that crash awhile back.

thanks bro...im not a moron... i tried that and it didnt work, i think it may have got deleted during that crash awhile back.
    not callin you a moron bro...mallet put out alot of good info and i thought they made that thread a sticky....guess not, they should have

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    not callin you a moron bro...mallet put out alot of good info and i thought they made that thread a sticky....guess not, they should have

I just searched all of his threads and its not there???

I can only think that he may have had it deleted for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    i thought it was a sticky also....I've searched every way i can think of and cant seem to find it. At least you two know what im talking about......

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    I remember reading it... this is all I could dig up...

This is mallets work.

HOW THE THYROID GLAND REGULATES METABOLISM

Whithin the the endocrine system, the thyroid is the biological engine that ultimately directs hormonal function and, therefore, metabolism. The thyroid gland produces the hormones that make the body burn calories. Thyroid hormones are what drive your basal metabolic rate ( the energy required for internal or cellular work when the body is at rest), in other words your metabolism.
    The thyroid is a large, butterfly-shaped gland with two lobes connected by a body (or isthmus) over the trachea. Embedded within the thyroid gland are four masses of tissue called the parathyroid glands. The thyroid produces and secretes three major hormones: thyroxine, triiodothyronine, and calcitonin. Thyroid hormones influence almost every cell of the body. The thyroid glans has a crucial role in metabolism, fat burning, and oxygen utilization, as well as in gastrointestinal and neuromuscular function. That's why prolonged symptoms of heartburn or extended muscle aches are a sign of low thyroid function, Are we learning just how important the thyroid is yet?.
    Thyroxine and triiodothyronine are produced when iodine combines with the amino acid tyrosine. Thyroxine (t4) is tyrosine bound to four molecules of iodine. Triiodothyronine (t3) is tyrosine bound to three molecules of iodine...understand how they came up with the term t4 and t3!. Iodine and tyrosine must be present in adequate amounts in the diet for the synthesis of t4. When thyroid hormone was first discovered, t4 was given exclusive credit for the metabolic activity at the cellular level, it was later discovered that t3 was four times more active than t4 at the target cells. It is now understood that much of the circulating t4 is actually converted to t3 prior to cellular metabolic activity.
    The anterior pituitary gland and the hpta (hypothalamus) regulate thyroid hormone levels. Initially, the hpta responds to a metabolic change such as low body temp, stress, or sleep be releasing thyrotropin releasing factor (TRF), while simultaneously signaling the anterior pituitary gland to release thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH). TSH stimulates the thyroid, which traps iodine, synthesizes T4, and releases the thyroid hormone. See the importants of iodine in your diet yet?. As levels of t4 increase, the activities of the hpta and pituitary are inhibited (that didn't take long did it?).

T4 increases the metabolic rate of almost every tissue in the body. It's effects on metabolism are astonishing. For example, a person whose thyroid gland reduces the production of T4 will experience as much as a 40% drop in metabolism, or basal metabolic rate (the rate at which the bodyspends energy for the maintenance activities of the body). Meanwhile, overproduction of T4 can increase normal metabolic activity by 100%. T4 increases the basal metabolic rate (BMR) by impacting the rate of ATP (energy) production in the mitochondria ( the energy producing component of cells). The thyroid uses much of this energy to convert caloric energy to heat in a process called Thermogenesis. In other words, how your body uses food determines your metabloism.

Thyroid hormone increases the utilization of carbs and fat from food, and the rate of protien synthesis. It stimulates the appetite and the movement of food through the digestive tract...bet you didn't know that?. In the presence of thyroid hormone, muscle catabolism increases, which increases the resting metabolic rate (muscle burns more energy than fat). Thyroid hormone also increases the sensitivity of skeletal muscle to impulses from the spinal cord. ( An excess of thyroid hormone is known to cause tremors, and a deficiency results in sluggish muscle response.) Thyroid hormone increases the uptake of oxygen into the cells, which speeds aerobic respiration. Finally, thyroid hormone actually increases the number of mitochondria whithin the cells.

KEY INFLUENCES ON THYROID FUNCTION

As we have already discussed in PART 1, the endocrine glands are in constant comunication not only with each other, but also with the nervous and immune systems. In conjunction with the pituitary gland, thyroid hormones influence almost every function in the body, as metabolism establishes the official temp at which systems operate. Because the thyroid gland's work involves interaction with many body systems, it is particularly sesitive to influences that can disrupt it's proper functioning ( this is key to those supplementing with thyroid meds, AAS, and GH).

DIET AND THYROID FUNCTION

There is a direct relationship between nutrition status and the impact of hormones. The foods we eat and the vitamins, minerals and nutrients available to the body regulate the synthesis and utilization of thyroid hormones. At the same time, thyroid hormones influence the rate of metabolism of fuel sources from food: fats, protiens, and carbohydrates. Thyroid hormones increase the rate of energy released from carbs, increase the rate of protein synthesis, and stimulate the breakdown of fats. Low thyroid function slows the metabolism of these foods, leading to depleted energy and a slower metabolic rate that leads to weight gain.
    In the presence of too much thyroid hormone, food is turned to energy with high speed and efficiency, increasing the basal metabolic rate (BMR) you should be familiar with this term by now!...and leading to exccesive weight loss.

The digestive and endocrine systems are dependent upon each other for the optimal absoption of nutrients from foods and the utilization of nutrients for hormone synthesis. Hypothyroidism results in weight gain, despite a poor appetite, constipation, pernicious anemia, poor utilization of fatty acids, and inadequate conversion of beta carotene to vit A. Hypothyroidism is also associated with insufficient production of hydrochloric acid by the parietal cells of the stomach. For those who don't know what HCA does...It provides the proper PH environment for the digestion of proteins by the enzyme pepsin. Without HCA, the amino acid phenylalinine (from which tyrosine is derived) remeber the importance of tyrosine in PART1...)))cannot be obtained from food, and tyrosine is unavailable in adequate amounts for the production of thyroxine (T4) A cycle of hypothyroidism can be created in this interplay between digestion and thyroid function. Hyperthyroidism can cause diarrhea, weight loss, and deficiencies in fat soluble vitamins and calcium. Hyperthyroidism can increase metabolic rates by as much as 200%, requiring a proportional intake of calories.

NUTRIENTS AND THYROID FUNCTION

Several nutrients are critical for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In order for the thyroid gland to produce T4, it needs the trace element iodine, chromium, and selenium, the mineral zinc, and the amino acid tyrosine. Without sufficient supply of these nutrients in the diet, thyroid function is diminished. Several reasons why a person may be lacking these nutrients include dysbiosis ( a disruption in the normal balance of microorganisms in the gastrointestinal mucosa), taking oral contraceptives, which deplete many nutrients, especially selenium and zinc...I thought I'd through that in incase some of our female members are looking into taking thyroid meds. Also consuming a diet high in processed foods lack these nutrients due to the destruction during processing.

ENZYMES

I'm just going to sweep over this because most of us understand the importance of enzymes...but one enzyme in particular must be mentioned as it relates so closely to thyroid function at that is ADENYLATE CYCLASE. This enzyme activates the molecule cyclic adenosine monophosphate or ( cAMP) sometimes reffered to as cyclic AMP. cAMP is the "second messenger" of cells, helping to initiate changes in the cells specific to certain hormones. Hormones whose actions depend on the cAMP mechanism include thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) folicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and luteinizing hormone (LH) from the anterior pituitary, antidiuretic hormone (ADH) bet you didn't know you had one of them! from the posterior pituitary, parathyroid hormone (PTH) from the parathyroid , and calcitonin from the thyroid. If Adenylate cyclase and the cAMP mechanism are disrupted, all the metabolic process dependent on them, including thyroid activity, are shut down.
    The conversion of t4 to the more active t3 is regulated in part, by the enzyme iodothyronine deiodinase.

Any body suffering from a low body temp reading...I always recomend taking acti-cyclase ( which contains forskolin) to help regulate your thyroid function and have seen great success, and would recommend anybody taking t3 or t4 to take this compound post thyroid!

CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THYROID DYSFUNCTION

The thyroid gland, with the help of the pituitary, is the most important organ in the body for controlling weight and body fat. Thyroid hormones define the rate of cellular metabolism. If the thyroid gland is functioning properly, and enough thyroid hormone is getting to the cells, the energy from food is properly utilized. If there is a problem with the gland itself or if something is interfering with the thyroid hormone's ability to bind to it's target cells, metabolism alters, slowing down or speeding up every process in the body, which in turn can cause many reccuring problems.

FATIGUE AND FREE-RADICAL DAMAGE

Fatigue can be directly related to problems with the thyroid. The process by which energy from food is released and transferred to useable energy by the cells is a complex chain of chemical reactions known as cellular respiration. Some energy is released from food in the absence of oxygen (anaerobic respiration), but most is derived in the mitochondria of the cells in the presence of oxygen (aerobic respiration). In the mitochondria, aerobic respiration produces cellular energy in the form of ATP ( a large energy molecule). T3 and T4 are needed to utilize oxygen during aerobic respiration. If T4 or T3 levels are low, cellular respiration and energy are depleted, excess oxygen builds up in the cells, and oxidative, or free-radical, damage occurs. When these levels are low, the number of mitochondria in our cells actually begins to decrease.

CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE

The metabolism of fats and absorption of essential fatty acids (EFAs) are important functions of the thyroid. Insufficient T4 to stimulate fat metabolism can lead to Hyperlipidemia, or elevated cholesterol. Whithout the benefit of cardioprotective nutrients from essential fatty acids, you may be at an increased risk of cardiovascular disease. If you have a high cholesterol reading, be sure to have your thyroid function evaluated before beginning medication. T3 is necessary for the utilization of oxygen by the mitochondria during cellular respiration. Inadequate T3 in the cells has a negative effect on oxygen consumption. Excess oxygen results in an increase in the oxidation of lipids (fats) and free radical damage. Increased oxidation of the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) form of cholesterol, often reffered to as "bad" cholesterol, has been identified in hyperthyroidism and hypothyroid states.

INSULIN RESISTANCE

T4 also influences how quickly glucose (sugar) is absorbed from the intestines and then taken up by the cells. T4 stimulates the conversion of proteins and fats to glycogen when blood sugar is high and the transformation of glycogen to glucose when blood sugar is low. The thyroid gland assists the pancreas and liver in maintaining stable blood sugar. In other words, T4 increases insulin response.

STRESS AND THYROID FUNCTION

Chronic stress affects the thyroid and endocrine function in a number of ways. The pituitary gland, the bodies "master gland," stimulates and controls the function of the adrenal cortex by secreting adrenocorticotropic (ACTH). If required to maintain a constant level of the major stress hormone cortisol in response to stress, the pituitary gland may over work. Too much production of ACTH may divert the pituitary from manufacturing other tropic hormones such as TSH, FSH, and LH. Cortisol production requires tyrosine, the same amino acid needed for the synthesis of T4. Excess cortisol production can deplete tyrosine levels, making it unavailable to the thyroid gland to make thyroid hormones. Stress depletes other important nutrients for T4 production, namely chromium and zinc. Excessive cortisol production from chronic stress also inhibits the conversion of T4 to T3 and the secretion of TSH.

HERE ARE SOME SYMPTOMS:

HYPOTHYROIDISM;
    behavior and mood...depression, fatigue, sleepiness, poor concentration
    cardiovascular.........slow pulse rate (<70bpm):
    cholesterol..............elevated cholesterol
    features..................coarse voice, stunted growth, enlarged thyroid
    Gastrointestinal........slowed digestion, bloating, heartburn, poor appetite
    metabolism..............decreased basal metabolic rate, weight gain
    muscles and reflexes..muscle aches, cramping, numbness in hads and feet
    respiratory...............breathing slows, poor ventilation
    Tolerance to temp..... intolerance to cold.

HYPERTHYROIDISM

behavior and mood...nervousness, irritability, insomnia, exhaustion
    cardiovascular.........heart palpitations, rapid pulse
    cholesterol..............decreased cholesterol
    features.................bulging eyes, enlarged thyroid
    gastrointestinal........diarea, increased appetite
    metabolism..............increased basal metabolic rate, weight loss
    muscles and reflexes..muscle weakness, tremors
    respiratory..............hyperventilation
    tolerance to temp.....intolerance to heat.

I know that's alot to stomach, but perhaps people will consider the importance of their thyroid gland before taking thyroid meds out of ignorance or being miss informed...the choice is ultimately yours...compare and save!

If you haven't already, take the BMT test that I have posted and see where your thyroid lies. Be responsible and your body will thank you for it with long life!

Thyroid Post Cycle Therapy .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a list of supplements and recommendations I have compiled for your thyroid post cycle therapy.

SUPPLEMENT AND NUTRIENT SUPPORT FOR THE THYROID

Several nutrients are critical for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In order for the thyroid gland to produce the hormone thyroxine, it needs the trace elements iodine and selenium, and the amino acid Tyrosine. Without sufficient supply of the nutrients in the diet, thyroid function is diminished. A typical regimn of dietary supplements I recommend in support of thyroid function are listed below.

BLADDERWRACK (fucus vesiculosus)

Bladderwrack, or fucus, consists of the marine plant fucus vesiculosus. Marine algae have been used in Europe and Asia as medicinal agents for thousands of years. Bladderwrack is a rich source of iodine and is traditionally used for weight loss and hypothyroidism. Bladderwrack is thought to stimulate the thyroid gland, thus increasing basal metabolism. Bladderwrack also contains potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, and other minerals.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. 300-600 mgs, standardized to contain not more than 150mcg of iodine daily, one to three times a day.

COLEUS (coleus forskolii)

Coleus has been extensively researched in India over the last twenty years as a medicinal agent useful for thyroid support and for conditions such as high blood pressure, asthma, and weight loss, among others.
    Coleus is also thought to activate the enzyme adenylate cyclase. In doing so, it increases the level of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) within cells ( cAMP, as you may recall, is important in the activation of several biochemical pathways). This catalyst is formed when neurotransmitters bind to the cell membrane and stimulate the formation of adenylate cyclase. Specific hormonal messengers bind to receptor cites to create the release of cAMP. Therefore, while Coleus is involved in hormonal regulation, it doesn't increase hormone levels. Instead it helps improve the effeciency of binding to target receptor cites. The stimulation of cAMP has an impact on the body chemistry in several ways. It stimulates thyroid function, increases insulin secretion, inhibits histamine release (involved in allergic reactions), and increases the burning of fats as fuels. Coleus is claimed to inhibit platelet activating factor (PAF)--that si, the formation of blood clots--by possibly directly binding to PAF receptor cites.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. 250mgs of a 1 percent extract of coleus, twice a day. CAUTION: people with ulcers or who are taking blood pressure medication and anticoagulant medications should check with your healthcare professional before taking Coleus.

CORDYCEPS (cordyceps sinesis)

Cordyceps Is important for people with improperly functioning thyroid glands because people with low thyroid function have reduced oxygen utilization and increased oxidative stress. Cordyceps acts as an antioxidant, improves oxygen utilization by 15%, improves stamina, and reduces fatigue--all critical issues for people with poor thyroid regulation.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. 525mgs of cordyceps, standardized to contain .14 to .18 percent adenosine and 5 percent mannitol, two to three times a day.

ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS (EFA's)

Low thyroid function leads to poor conversion and utilization of essential fatty acids (EFA's). Without quality sources of dietary fat, particularily the Omega-3 fatty acid alpha-linoleic acid (ALA) and the Omeaga-6 fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), the body is unable to regulate hormonal influence over certain cells. EFA's are the building blocks of eicosanoids, a group of "super hormones" that act as hormonal gatekeepers of the cells. EFA defficiencies and overproduction of inflammatory prostaglandins are associated with a variety of illnesses, including slowed metabolism and increased storage of body fat.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. The best sources of GLA are borage and evening primrose oils. Sources of Omega-3 fatty acids are cold water fish ( salmon, mackerel, tuna trout, haddock), flaxseeds and flax oil. Although both EFA's are essential to our health, the ratio of omega-3 to Omega-6 oils in our diet should be 1:3. Udo's oil contains 3,6, and 9 fatty acids.

GUGGUL (commiphora mukul)

Guggul has been described in Indian medical literature as an agent for treating obesity and other eating disorders. Guggul was marketed as a lipid lowering agent in 1980, Guggul has been reported to stimulate thyroid function, which may lead to blood lipid lowering and weight loss, as well as improved thyroid function in hypothyroidism.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. 500mgs, three times a day, standardized to contain 5 percent gugglesterones. CAUTION: people taking prescription medications for cardiovascular disease such as calcium channel blockers or beta blockers, as well as those with hyperthyroidism, should check with there physician before taking Guggul.

IODINE.

If you can't get your hands on the bladderwrack, then sources of iodine include sea vegatables (nori, hijiki, wakame, kombu, and kelp), sea salt, and all seafood and saltwater fish. Iodized salt is another source, but contains to much aluminum, Iodized sea salt, however supplies iodine without unwanted aluminum.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. 225-1000mcg of iodine daily

L-TYROSINE

Without sufficient available tyrosine, the adrenal glands have a sluggish or inadequate response to stress: heart rate, blood pressure, airway, and metabolism are diminished. And when the tyrosine pool is drained to make stress hormones, there is less available to make adequate levels of thyroid hormones. Tyrosine supplements have been used as nutritional or adjunctive support for the treatment of depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, and weight gain, all of which are associated with hypothyroidism.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. 250-750mg of L-Tyrosine daily. Most body builders and athletes eat plenty of amino acids throughout the day, so supplementing with tyrosine isn't as important unless your under significant stress your body temp is low, and you have other symptoms of low thyroid effeciency.

THYROID BOVINE (BEEF) GLANDULAR

Thyroid glandular is a bovine-derived thyroid substance that may boost the human thyroid system when the gland is not functioning optimally. Glandular supplements are carefully processed animal gland tissue; thyroid glandulars contain extremely low levels of thyroid hormone. It is theorized that glandular tissues contain proteins that help the thyroid gland to rebuild itself. This has been very effective with people who have subclinical hypothyroid function...it has also been used in place of thyroid meds with great success.

RECOMMENDED DOSE. T-100X...Is a good source of not only thyroid glandular, but also contains: Thyroid glandular ( thyroxine free) 100mg...Adrenal gladular 50mg...pituitary glandular 15mg...spleen glandular 5mg...thymus glandular 5mg...and It also contains bladderwrack 15mg...along with a few supportive herbs. Made by "Advanced Orthomolecular Research" (AOR) check out their website for more info " www.aor.ca". So as you can see T-100X is good for more than just thyroid support, it's quite effective at stimulating your total immune system...this baby is a must!!!

DOSE. 1 tab (630mg) twice a day for post cycle or if you already have a low Resting Temp.

TRACE MINERALS

Chromium depletion may influence thyroid function. Chromium is a necessary mineral for the conversion of carbohydrates to energy, and helps maintain a stable blood sugar level. It is also an essential component to enzyme function that supports the conversion of T4 to T3. So chromium can indirectly impact your basal metabolic rate and how you are going to burn fat, use nutrients, and generate energy. Selenium has also been linked to subclinical hypothyroid symptoms. Selenium is found in selenoproteins, many of which have known roles in the prevention of cellular oxidative damage and thyroid hormone regulation. Selenium is an essential component of the enzyme iodothyronine deiodinase, the enzyme that converts thyroxine (T4) to the active triiodothyronine (T3). As with Zinc, selenium supplementation has been reported to improve thyroid function and regulate symptoms of hypothyroidism. Other nutrients important for optimum thyroid function include zinc and copper. These trace minerals are also required for the synthesis of iodothyronine deioinase. Studies have concluded that that zinc supplementation can restore normal thyroid function among people with low serum zinc, and signs of subclinical hypothyroidism. Zinc is required for the activity of more than 200 different enzymes in the body. Supplementing with extra zinc requires the addition of copper to maintain healthy zinc to copper ratio. Since the two elements antagonize one another, supplementing with one can kead to a deficciency of the other.

RECOMMENDED DOSE 200mcg of chromium daily as part of a multivitamin/mineral supplement; 200mcg of selenium daily; anf 15 parts zinc to 1 part copper, or approx 20-50 mg of zinc to 2 mg of copper.

A FINAL NOTE ON THYROID FUNCTION

Many physician now recognize the problems with thyroid regulation. In fact, the window for acceptable TSH levels has just recently been changed by the American Society of Endocrinologists so that millions more people may get diagnosed with hypothyroidism and get the help they need. Hopefully the use of t3 and t4 as drug therapy will become more popular, and in addition, the various influencers of thyroid metabolism such as stress and nutrient abnormalities will begin to become more recognized in the coming decade. Healthy thyroid function is crucial to graceful and vital aging. So whether you try Armour thyroid, nutritional approaches, get compounded thyroid therapy, or use traditional drugs, keep one thing in mind: If there's no relief of low-thyroid symptoms, you are probably still missing a piece of the metabolic puzzle.

MY RECOMMENDED LIST OF SUPPLEMENTS

With all that said you can pick from the list provided above to determine your needs, or what's available to you...this is what I do with great success, I mean my temp is usually bang on every morning, the only time my temp drops or raises, is when I want it too!

Coleus forskolii (acti-cyclase) 250mg twice daily when taking T3, 3 times daily when i'm not.

T-100X. 630mg twice daily for post cycle (As mentioned above this is the glandular form) This ones a must!!!

Life extension mix (powder) This baby is pricey but contains everything you need to sustain life. But for thyroid purposes : 200mcg selenium: 200mcg chromium: 75mcg iodine: 35mg zinc: 2mg copper

Udo's oil contains omega 3,6, and 9 fatty acids...I use 2 tablespoons in my protein drinks, 2 tablespoons per can of tuna in place of mayo. I cook with it, you can even poor it on popcorn in place of butter...I say this because my GF is a popcorn freak.

Backing off on training is a plus when doing long thyroid cycles. If your training 5 days a week, then try 4 days a week for the first 2 weeks when coming off t3, remember your adrenals will rob you of tyrosine to make cortisol. And since training and rest are 2 big factors of stress, lets give your body the extra edge for regulating your thyroid function with as little hinderance as possible. Try to make sure you get adequate rest when coming of thyroids also, this will help with the return of normal thyroid function as well.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Here is the BBT test he's talking about...

Testing your thyroid function

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How well do you know your thyroid?

The basal body temperature (bbt) is a highly sensitive and accurate measure of low thyroid function, perhaps exceeding the reliability of available blood tests. The late Broda Barnes, MD., a pioneer in the diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disorders, developed this test and successfully diagnosed and treated many patients based on it's results.

The BBT test was developed as a simple measure of detecting hypothyroid conditions. It is based on the observation that hypothyroid patients typically run lower than normal body temperatures. This makes sense, since body temperature (heat output) Is a direct measure of the amount of fuel (food and oxygen) being burned by the cells.

In terms of the ultimate objective of measuring thyroid function--that is, determining the ability of thyroxine to enter the cells and influence metabolism--the BBT test is the most logical assessment tool. The BBT is taken immediately upon awakening.

To check your basal body temp, follow these simple steps:

1. Keep a thermometer by your bedsise so you can take your temp before getting out of bed in the morning. (it is important to move as little as possible while taking your temp.)
    2. Shake down the thermometer to read less than 92.0 deg ( unless you have a digital, which i recommend.)
    3. Upon awakening in the morning, take your axillary (armpit) temp for at least ten minutes.
    4. Record your temp.

Repeat these steps for four days. ( menstruating women should record their temp on the second, third, fourth, and fifth days of their periods.) Calculate your average temp for four days. A normal metabolic rate will produce a waking temp of between 97.8 and 98.2 deg F. Temp below 97.8 may indicate, at the very least, subclinical hypothyroidism. Temp higher than 98.6 may reflect hyperthyroidism.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    I made this same post about 3-4 months ago. Here's what you need to type in your search. It get's you atleast 4 of mallet's threads on T3 if not more. Type "Mallet Thyroid explained" and then try "Mallet Thyroid PCT".

Thanks for helping, but i found that stuff already. I remember reading something else by him though, explaining how exactly he cycles it up and down. Like 5 days on 3 days off, and the resoning behing it....maybe im crazy

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Its actually 7 days on/5 days off. I don't think there is a specific post on this but he may have responded a few times to other peoples questions and refers to this type of cycling. I'm on that type of cycle now, low dose though.

that's it kitty....so there never was a dedicated post??

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    that's it kitty....so there never was a dedicated post??
    Not specifically on this type of cycling no. There is one that was posted by Cycleon, but it described a longer type of cycle, the 5/40/55 method. This one:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...light=T3+cycle

I got most of my info by searching threads started by and responded by mallet, as well as PM's to him specifically related to my stats.

i read cyclon's post...very informative. I guess i'm a moron...my bad...we should talk him into making a post on his style to t3 cycling.

Justarting is offline Associate Member
    well boys hopes this helps.... mallets a member on www.canadianjuicemonsters.com
    He posted all of his articles on there, so give a look for mallet under names and u may just find what your looking for

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    just to save you some time. Mallet NEVER posted an "official" guide to cycling t3. there are a few posts with general information, but he himself said that he NEVER POSTED an actual guide for it....He also said that the reasoning was t3 cycles are very person specific, and a general guide would not be of any use for a safe and effective cycle!

he shot me a very good PM explaining the same thing you just said to me angel...i dont know what i thought i saw before, must be that lsd

mountain man is offline New Member
    Awesome post. Just the thing I was looking for. Any suggestions on endrocrinolgy books?

MM

lol, i thought it was a horrible post.....glad we helped ya though

Thread Information