hobzee is offline New Member

are my growing days over

hey guys im a 45 year old , started doing weights at 39 ,started doin juice at 44 my cycles consist of 500mgs test,400mgs deca per week for 10 weeks anavar or winstrol from weeks 8 to 12 and finish with clomid,I take 6 to 8 weeks off between cycles.200 pound off,216 pound on at 13% bf . bench 350 for 7 . squat 396 for 6 deep on cycle. bench 330 for 7 and squat 375 for 7 dry. trainings are from anabolic review.my weight and strength dont change from cycle to cycle , any suggestions to keep improving time is running out.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    I Would Say Your Dreams Of Looking Like Lou Ferigno Are Over,but Thats Not To Say You Can Not Continue To Improve.i Would Strive More For Quality Then Sheer Mass At This Point.you Can Still Have An Impressive Build.goodluck

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hobzee
    hey guys im a 45 year old , started doing weights at 39 ,started doin juice at 44 my cycles consist of 500mgs test,400mgs deca per week for 10 weeks anavar or winstrol from weeks 8 to 12 and finish with clomid,I take 6 to 8 weeks off between cycles.200 pound off,216 pound on at 13% bf . bench 350 for 7 . squat 396 for 6 deep on cycle. bench 330 for 7 and squat 375 for 7 dry. trainings are from anabolic review.my weight and strength dont change from cycle to cycle , any suggestions to keep improving time is running out.

Are you sure it's the cycle and not your diet/training that is out of whack?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Our bodies change considerably above 40. For one thing test levels fall, recuperation longer, immune system lowers & stress maybe from family/work. Its very true at 45 its harder to gain mass so you need to adjust what is practicle and your goals. I'm also 45 but been training much longer than only 5 yrs. Your natural hormone levels take time to adjust and 6-8 weeks between cycles IMO is way off. Training 5 yrs is good but at 40 intensity may be lacking a bit too. But 13% bf at 45 is really good so my guess is diet is okay. We do not require the huge amounts of calories to maintain. Sometimes we need to just tweak our goals realistically as we age. Do not get caught up in cycles , like its appears you are doing. I do not know how many cycles you are talking about or if you started at 39 with NO base training foundation if you did start same time of lifting thats your problem..

Gilster is offline Member
    I am 43 myself and I have found that if you use performance enhancing drugs it will help by giving you what you are missing. But it only works if your diet and training are right. You might want to have it all checked to see if you are on the right track. IMO diet is 80% of your success or failure in gaining mass. You can put on some good muscle, but like it was said, your days of looking like Lou are gone, but you can achieve good quality and respectable size. I know some pretty big 65 year olds who started pretty late. They are not the biggest bros but they are in great form with decent size.

I'm 40 and been training since 17 in one way shape or form. I've been cut 3 times on the back and 4 on the knee. I find that my diet and rest times are critical whether on or off. Real easy to overtrain as we get older. Just started to do some squats again this week and can only say oooouuuucccchhhh. My legs are freakin fried. Forgot how awesomw squats are in moderation..........Train hard live large.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    I've been cut 3 times on the back and 4 on the knee.
    What?

Gaucho77 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, what is this about cuts?

hobzee is offline New Member
    thanks guys for the help.for those that questioned my diet it is 300gms protein and carbs to appetite ie rice potatoes and veg.done 5 cycles in 2 years. thanks again.

5 cycles in 2 years?.....take a break for a year and then do enanthate or go with EOD of sust. I would pick enanthate over sust. I think you need a break bro. It seems you have been on for almost the entire 2 years. You need to take a break so you react to the gear.

If you stopped growing at that amount of food intake then your body has adjusted and you need to eat more. You are now eating only enough to maintain your weight. You want to be 250 lbs then you have to eat like a 250 lb man. A 200 lbs man needs approx. 350g of protein a day to keep growing. There are many ways to tweek things. Make sure you do anything that will help.

Sorry fella's
    Cuts= surgeries..........
    Int the ballplaying days "gettin cut" meant surgery and the dreaded down time.

Sorry for the confusion!

GTCp1 is offline New Member
    I am in my 30's and I say BS to people saying your day of looking like Lou F. are done. There are guys in my gym in their 40's that are built better than a lot of bodybuilders I see. It is finding out the right diet and right gear for you. These guys are definately hitting the gear hard but know what their doing not some bs junk gear from some fake online store.

GTCp1 is offline New Member
    I will post a pic of a guy that is 48 that is an ex-cop and you tell me he isnt built better than most pros. His waist is approx. 28 inches, arms 19" and his body fat per his wife is 5%, I am in really good shape but there is no comparison to between us.

No pros have arms less than 20 inches so there goes your theory. But if he has a 28 inch waist then he does have a better look than most pros. That is the look of the 70's with the vaccum look....BTW.....Have you ever really looked at Lou Ferigno in his prime bro? No way anyone over 40 can achieve that size and look. SORRRY! I'll take that to my death bed.

Thread Information