dtr98 is offline Member

Sust question for the over 40 crowd

i now you're supposed to run sust eod but someone send me this info for someone over 40, can anyone help me out on this?
    thanks
    I disagree with this the problem with doing sust EOD is that you are overloading your body with the longer ester. The theroy behind the sust. Is that it has 3 different types of test with each of them taking over where the other one ends IE: prop 1-2 days cyp 2-4 days and Enant 4-7 days. This covers you for the whole week. If you want the benefits of the faster esters then I would say add prop EOD by itself. This will minimize the side affects of the longer esters. Also remember AAS use should be used with your personal goal and age in mind. Test and hypertention go hand in hand the pericardium (the sac of water around the heart) retains this added water and causes the heart to work harder. Therefor an older man need to use less then a younger man to minimize the risk. Not only that but a 20 yo male is produce more then twice of a man 40.

Now I am no expert but I think this is right on!

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtr98
    i now you're supposed to run sust eod but someone send me this info for someone over 40, can anyone help me out on this?
    thanks
    I disagree with this the problem with doing sust EOD is that you are overloading your body with the longer ester. The theroy behind the sust. Is that it has 3 different types of test with each of them taking over where the other one ends IE: prop 1-2 days cyp 2-4 days and Enant 4-7 days. This covers you for the whole week. If you want the benefits of the faster esters then I would say add prop EOD by itself. This will minimize the side affects of the longer esters. Also remember AAS use should be used with your personal goal and age in mind. Test and hypertention go hand in hand the pericardium (the sac of water around the heart) retains this added water and causes the heart to work harder. Therefor an older man need to use less then a younger man to minimize the risk. Not only that but a 20 yo male is produce more then twice of a man 40.

i am not an expert but i wouldnt use sust at any age period! why mix esters? it just doesnt make sense to me at all...

dtr98 is offline Member
    anyone else have any info???
    thanks

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    sust has 4 esters not 3

dtr98 is offline Member
    thanks

sorry, my question is, does this statement make sense to anyone ( see above and below ) remember i am over 40 and the guy that sent me this is also

NO NO NO! Sust 250 in made up of all mostly long acting esters cyp and Enant. Once a week is perfect. Especially to start with and then work your way up. Men at our age do not need to do the same amount as younger guys not only that but the side effects are more pronounced then the benefits. Men over 40 really need to worry about the Hypertention issues. There is a lot of controvesy about how much and how often. but I am pretty sure everyone will agree that Sust. is not EOD.

dtr98 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    sust has 4 esters not 3
    thanks, i know that but my question is - does this guys statements make sense for someone over 40 using sust??
    thanks again

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    sust has
    30mg of prop,60mg of phenylpropionate,60mg of isocraproate and 100mg of deconoate
    there is no cyp or eneth in sust..
    and no that statement holds no relavence with me unless you can attach a study to it.everybody has there own therorys on everything.without something to back it up.it dont mean anything,in order to keep your test levels constant it needs to be administered EOD.

Gilster is offline Member
    How many cycles have you done?

If it is your first cycle then you can get away with using 2 amps a week for a total of 500mgs of sust/w

I doubt that everyone will agree that sust is NOT EOD. It is best used EOD for the more experienced users. Start with 2 a week and your second cycle go to 3 a week wich is slightly less than EOD. Go to EOD on your 3rd. Or you could just use Enanthate which I prefer.

BTW...I am 43 and I did sust for my first cycle years ago and did fine with 1.5 amps of sust 250, and 300mg/w of deca for my first time.

THe only thing in that response the over 40 bro gave you that I would take to heart is that we need to watch out for hypertension. This is very true.
    Last edited by Gilster; 09-07-2004 at 11:08 AM.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    why not enanthate or cypionate ?

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    why not enanthate or cypionate?
    exactly! less sides and more constant blood levels.. i know guys who gain just as well off of a single ester than with sust..

Froggy is offline Member
    Therefor an older man need to use less then a younger man to minimize the risk. Not only that but a 20 yo male is produce more then twice of a man 40.

First off...How ya doing ...Okay...IMO sust was originally designed for older gents who needed a little HRT with a less frequent injection & esters with amounts that would compliment each other & release at a constant level over a month. Come on in for your monthly injection sir...But ain't no livin' in a perfect world there ain't no perfect world anyway. We can keep on dreaming.
    When I was 20 years old I had allot more natural test than I do now...I agree...but my body remembers it & it wants it back.

I'm 40 and heard all my young buddies hype the Sus. So i went for it with a deca stack. and...............I'll take Cyp or Ena anyday!!! More consistent. Sus made me feel like **** for almost 2 weeks.....;.

Just my exp......

hoopcat528 is offline Associate Member

Sust EOD

My opinion is that you do not need to inject Sust EOD if your goals are modest, or if you are stacking it with other steroids and it is not the "feature" steriod within the stack.

There are numerous studies by the manuf. of Sust (like Organon) that show injections of every 3 weeks work to increase levels of test. These studies have also shown this frequency of injections to be "safe", at least safe as far as any presription drug goes.

I think the people injecting it more often are using it to gain a lot of mass and strength.

I am 41 and have been doing cycles off and on (mostly off) since 1984. I have never done Sust, although I probably will in my next cycle. I will inject it once every 2 weeks, 500 mg per month.

I know a lot of the people on this board that use a much higher dosage will think that a once every two week injection will do "nothing". But for me, I am maxed out with diet and workouts, and like the extra energy, strength, definition, etc. that I get from low dose cycles.

Just my $ .02

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=dtr98]i now you're supposed to run sust eod but someone send me this info for someone over 40, can anyone help me out on this?
    thanks

Sustanon is by far the most effective form of test for me. All this sh*t about esters and calculating constant levels is just that, sh*t. You can use sust 250 once aweek and see noticable size and strength gains within 5 weeks. I once took 1 amp of sust, 250mg and saw strength gains a month later. I'm 43 and use an amp a week all year round. If your worried about your blood pressure which any steroid user should be regardless of age monitor it. If it goes up get some antihypertensives from your doctor.
    Last edited by markas214; 09-07-2004 at 09:17 PM.

Thread Information