MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder

Shoulder pain in mid cycle

I'm hoping I did'nt tear my rotator cuff in my left shoulder. Yesterday I did chest, I started with flat bench Flies, 3 sets 70lbs, 80lbs and 90lbs, then incline flies basically the same. when I moved to bench press I couldn't do more than 225lbs for 10, my max is 405lbs. I had a sharp pain in my shoulder at the bottom of my decent. i'm sure some of you guys have experience this before, what to do? i'm in the middle of my cycle and fear this is going to hinder my full growth potential.

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    I got the same thing bro, at about the same time from doing bench. I think it's the fact that your tendons are not growing at the same rates as your muscles so you have to be careful. I took the rest of the week off for everything except back and legs, and iced my shoulder ever time I used it working out for the following wk and I'm fine now.

max-it is offline Member
    i had a similiar problem. i corrected it by adding some pilates movements to my workout. you will need one of those large rubber bands. find someone who knows pilates and ask them to show you some shoulder exercises. hte light resistance and types of movements help to strengthen the supporting muscles in the shoulder. you will begin to feel better in about 3-4 weeks. try switching to decline press for a few weeks, this also seemed to help me. good luck bro.

Pilates what da ??? well I do know a few so called personal trainers, hopefully they'll know what that is. thanx you guys for the support, anyone else experienced the same with any remedies???

shootdeep is offline Member
    it's not a bad i dea to get it looked at if it continues to bother you. when i was young and stupid i used to work through shoulder pain. i'm sure that's why i needed surgery on the left one in march and my right one this december. once your shoulders are ruined it's never the same. the shoulder is extremely susceptible to injury so be careful!

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    mement1on,, it might be like naturalbuff said, ease off on the weight amounts for a few days and see if it stops hurting. if it's still bad after about a week, seek a doctor's opinion asap.

i sometimes mess up my right shoulder and elbow when i go to max weights, and i'm forced to slow down for a week to ease the pain. it's usually tendons/ligaments, but keep an eye on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bd50
    mement1on,, it might be like naturalbuff said, ease off on the weight amounts for a few days and see if it stops hurting. if it's still bad after about a week, seek a doctor's opinion asap.

i sometimes mess up my right shoulder and elbow when i go to max weights, and i'm forced to slow down for a week to ease the pain. it's usually tendons/ligaments, but keep an eye on it.
    Thanks for the info, any more suggestions??

builtthekid is offline Banned
    A Rotator cuff injury take at least 6 months and up to a year to heal properly
    thats what i ****ed up in high school and man it was not easy icing it after
    every time I used it.

Rusty_Needles is offline New Member
    Take some Flaxeed/Cod liver oil 3-6 times a day (a spoonful each time). This helps lubricate the joint and does wonders for joint problems.

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Yeah chondroitin works good for me to lub my joints.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Needles
    Take some Flaxeed/Cod liver oil 3-6 times a day (a spoonful each time). This helps lubricate the joint and does wonders for joint problems.
    i agree with rustyneedle

Thread Information