M4S4eva is offline New Member

heart disease running in family

my dad recently had a heart attack and they found he had heart disease, my dads two brothers also have heart disease, am i at high risk of getting it since i juice? i dont want to die in my 30's...

righton is offline Senior Member
    Your at risk period!! Juicing isn't the smartest thing at the moment until a doc (preferrably a cardiologist)evaluates you to see the risk your at. However recent studies have shown HRT actually reduces the risk of heart desease and certain cancers.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    M4, I'm 38 and found out yesterday that my cholesterol and triglycerides are through the roof, it is genetic. Just have to keep an eye on it and get levels checked. Your doc wont check test levels so no worries re: him finding out about AS. If it gets outta hand he has to know. I'm on HRT so my doc knows (almost) everything.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Yes, you're at high risk. You need to get your lipid levels checked ASAP. It's better to change your diet and habits now rather than waiting until after your first heart attack.

Unfortunately heart disease runs in my father's family. My grandfather died of a heart attack before I was born and my father just had a triple bypass two years ago. So I'm very aware of the risk I'm at.

Two years ago my cholesterol was 256, now it's down to 149. This is strictly due to modifying my diet and using OTC supplements. I cut down the amount of carbs I eat and try to avoid the fattier foods. I also take the following daily:
    fish and flaxseed oil
    40mg policosanol
    red yeast rice
    81mg aspirin
    500mg niacin (to raise HDL)

As far as using juice, as long as you maintain good control of your lipid levels and don't run endless cycles, you're probably at no more risk than the average user. While on a cycle I would reccomend all of the above supplements as well as running nolva throughout for its effect on cholesterol levels.

M4S4eva is offline New Member
    im doing my PCT now i had a blood test recently and he didnt mention anything about my heart just that i had high creatinine, but i did get a big heart palpation once during my cycle....but i guess if the doc didnt mention it im good to go for my winter cycle?

Thread Information