nottobig is offline Junior Member

long term steroid use with low dosages?

A guy I work with competes at the national level here in Canada as a light heavy wieght. In the off season he is around 230-235 and his BF has to be around 9% because he is always in really good condition. Last winter he hurt his arm and had to take a 6 week break from the gym. He told me that was the longest break he had taken from drugs in the last 5 years. He said he has only had a few short break like this and had used HCG during these periods. So I thought to myself for the condition and size this guy is he must be taking a large amount of drugs. I told him I was using 500mg's of test a week and he told me he had never used that much test before ever. He laid out his usage for me. He said that he will take a shot every 7 to 10 days for period of around 6 to 8 weeks and then he will switch the type of drug he uses. The only time he will use ED or EOD is if he is using orals during this 6 to 8 week period. So for 6 to 8 weeks he will take a shot of 250mg's of test E every 7 to 10 days. At the end of this period he will switch to say winstrol for 6 to 8 weeks. He told me the only time he will up things is pre-contest but not by much. He just recently started to use 500mg's of test a week and said that he started to suffer his first sides (acne). My question is do you think this is a good way to use with small doses over long period or does he just react to drugs really well?

joevette is offline Banned
    That's a piss-poor way to do it IMO. Why would you want to stay shut down for 5 years and risk not being able to recover when you could achieve the same results with a time on=time off method. You didn't mention how tall he was but if he's only 235 after 5 straight years of juice then obviously he is not doing something right, unless he's 5'3".

The only way I would consider that methodology would be for HRT.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Vette I know some pretty big guys that run it this way too. We are all different.

I'm not denying that there are big guys who do this, I'm just saying it's not the best way to do it. It can be done faster and potentially safer with shorter bursts. I would be most worried about my HPTA not coming back to full function after 5 years of shutdown. You can eliminate nearly all short term sides from higher dosed cycles, ie. high blood pressure, acne, gyno etc.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Agreed , I'm so glad I'm an old fuc* on HRT, I have no worries.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Me and my doctor are pretty tight and he wanted me to run my cycle the way its run in the first post... I didnt think it was a good idea for me at the time. I don't think i'll ever run a cycle like that. Not to say it wouldn't work though.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoQuadzilla
    Me and my doctor are pretty tight and he wanted me to run my cycle the way its run in the first post... I didnt think it was a good idea for me at the time. I don't think i'll ever run a cycle like that. Not to say it wouldn't work though.
    About how long was your doc thinking about? I couldn't see a doctor reccomending a 5 year cycle or even half that long.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    6 months... I didn't mean lenght, I meant the basic set up... running from one substance to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    About how long was your doc thinking about? I couldn't see a doctor reccomending a 5 year cycle or even half that long.

Thread Information