3bigpipes is offline New Member

b12 injection solution. must read

I got this off a doctor's website. here's his article http://www.autismweb.com/_disc/000011ac.htm

but the best part is this one.

Once I decided to use injectable methylcobalamin, the next dilemma that needed to be addressed was whether to use the intramuscular, intravenous, or subcutaneous route of administration. Initially I used both the intramuscular and/or subcutaneous routes. However, within 6 to 8 weeks it was my "impression" that I was getting a higher response rate in the group of children that were using the subcutaneous route of administration. Hypothetically, subcutaneous injections may produce a "slow time-release" process, allowing a "leaching effect" of the methylcobalamin. This theoretically could allow a "relatively higher dose" of the substance to remain in the body for longer periods of time if this was compared to the in intramuscular or intravenous routes of administration. One reason for this is that the kidneys are known to quickly clear any excess cobalamin. Because cobalamin is a red substance, I have occasionally been called by panicking parents reporting "red urine" in their child’s urine who were worried the child was bleeding. I have never seen red urine with the subcutaneous route of administration but I have seen it infrequently with intravenous and intramuscular administration.

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    so it seems that subq is a good way to go. I like that better. How much b12 do you use per day?

bluestrm is offline Associate Member
    1000mcg per day is good. Any excess is excreted in the urine. So, if you want to go higher, you don't have to worry about overdoing it.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I would not necessarily fully agree with the article. You can do both methods of injection IM,subq but intramuscular is imo still the best way. Enters the blood stream more effeciently. Subcutaneously may not be fully absorbed therefore the dose is less. Of course this is only my opinion. Some studies just have the author pressed for some answers as they get grants($$) otherwise they loose the funding for research.

Sheesh! So much info on B-12! I'm fried from the research, I'm 40 just starting on B-12
    I'm cycling Eq and En how much 12 and how often??
    Any opinions would be appreciated!
    Thanks

3bigpipes is offline New Member
    It's been 4 days since I started doing B12, ans its been more than awesome. trying to stop drinking coffee for the past 10 days, with success, but \I was always feeling down and tired, but when I started with the b12, I felt like I didn't need that extra boost. Now I'm fully caffeine free and it feels awesome. I did drop 5 hits of ecstasy this weekend, but that doesn't count....

t-money is offline Member
    I start B12 on Monday & I plan to go IM. I may try Subq, but it does seem to me that IM is a better delivery method into to the body. Interesting article though.

T

dtr98 is offline Member
    just started 1,000mcg IM eod, i've heard 500-1,000 mcg ed, will see what happens?

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bigpipes
    It's been 4 days since I started doing B12, ans its been more than awesome. trying to stop drinking coffee for the past 10 days, with success, but \I was always feeling down and tired, but when I started with the b12, I felt like I didn't need that extra boost. Now I'm fully caffeine free and it feels awesome. I did drop 5 hits of ecstasy this weekend, but that doesn't count....
    thats a good way to DIE

khurrams is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    thats a good way to DIE

An Amazing way to die indeed!!!!!!!

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    I would not necessarily fully agree with the article. You can do both methods of injection IM,subq but intramuscular is imo still the best way. Enters the blood stream more effeciently. Subcutaneously may not be fully absorbed therefore the dose is less. Of course this is only my opinion. Some studies just have the author pressed for some answers as they get grants($$) otherwise they loose the funding for research.
    with water based compounds, the highest absorbtion rate is via IV, second is SubQ, third is IM. that is straight from my PDR

however, IM is usually preffered due to its slower release. you may get less, but you get it slower, which allows more to be used

Thread Information