Jeremy34 is offline Member

Question Glucosamine and weight loss

I know this should go in the supplement forum. I already posted it there and haven't gotten a response, so I know it will get more attention here.

this was taken directly from the Trimspa website:

Glucosamine
    (Gloo-ko-so-meen) is an ingredient, patented by TRIMSPA for weight loss, that actually prolongs the amount of time glucose (or blood sugar) stays within the bloodstream after eating. This delay means that any extra insulin can be used directly by the muscles for energy, instead of being transferred too quickly to the "warehouse," or fat cells.

Anybody care to make any sense of this? I mean, did "Trimspa" just cook up their own recipe for glucosamine or something? I've just never heard of glucosamine used for anything but joint pain.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    are u sure its spelled like that? i've been using glucosamine for months now for improving joint function and flexibility....i havent seen any weight loss

mad4muscles is offline New Member
    Ingredient list of TrimSpa:

Chromium 150 mcg
    Vanadium 30 mcg
    Glucomannan 400 mg
    Sodium carobxythylcellulose 100 mg
    Citrus nariginine 10 mg
    Glucosamine HCI 100 mg
    Cocoa extract 325 mg
    Green Tea extract 250 mg
    Hoodia gordonii cactus 150 mg

Is it just me, or did any of you read that list and think "wow, they just threw a bunch of random crap into a capsule!" ???

So, yes, it has glucosamine in it, but, as kaew44 just said, I don't think that's causing any weight loss, or with all the arthritis sufferers who use it, that would have been discovered a long time ago. If anything, maybe the "glucomannan", whatever that is??? (anna nicoles breast milk, perhaps?)

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    This won't be much help because I can't remeber the study, but a co-worker came in all excited one day because his dr told him that glucosamine was also a proven weight loss aid. I was able to find more info back then, but I can't seem to find anything right now. I'll keep looking.

Anyway, it was a typical study in which the subjects and parameters were carefully chosen to test a hypothesis, the results of which have no real bearing on most people.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    i think they took the results of a study and spun it to 'support' their product.

The study actually shows that glucosamine may cause insulin resistance...

joevette is offline Banned
    Never heard that one before, but glucosamine makes my joints happy!

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mad4muscles
    Ingredient list of TrimSpa:

Chromium 150 mcg
    Vanadium 30 mcg
    Glucomannan 400 mg
    Sodium carobxythylcellulose 100 mg
    Citrus nariginine 10 mg
    Glucosamine HCI 100 mg
    Cocoa extract 325 mg
    Green Tea extract 250 mg
    Hoodia gordonii cactus 150 mg

Is it just me, or did any of you read that list and think "wow, they just threw a bunch of random crap into a capsule!" ???

So, yes, it has glucosamine in it, but, as kaew44 just said, I don't think that's causing any weight loss, or with all the arthritis sufferers who use it, that would have been discovered a long time ago. If anything, maybe the "glucomannan", whatever that is??? (anna nicoles breast milk, perhaps?)
    I would say the same thing, but it had that explanation specifically for glucosamine...I don't see it happening.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Trimspa = garbage.

Anna Nicole Smith = hardcore/recreational drugs to lose weight, not TRIMSPA!!!!!

~SC~

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Trimspa = garbage.

Anna Nicole Smith = hardcore/recreational drugs to lose weight, not TRIMSPA!!!!!

~SC~

Anna Nicole Smith = my ex girlfriend

mad4muscles is offline New Member

Bad move.....

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Trimspa = garbage.

~SC~
    You do realize, SwoleCat, that now you're gonna get 150 PMs from people looking for sources for hardcore/recreational drugs for their next cutting cycle!

Thread Information