artcien is offline Junior Member

Arrow low carb while bulking.

Can I cut my carbs to about 60g/day?

I'm on my fifth week of my first bulk cycle
    sus250 tw
    eq 200 tw
    but besides muscle I'm getting fat big time! I can't fit into my pants anymore.

For me is very easy to get fat if I don't wacth my carbs...

I have also some T3 and clen that I havent use. Can I take it while on this cycle to help me with the fat?

I would appreciate any help in here...

mustang331 is offline Member
    Good post.. I would not have an answer. But I can tell you what.. I WILL DO LOW CARBS ON MY FIRST CYCLE COMING UP!! I know I might not gain that well, but every BODY is different.. I will still gain pretty **** good on low carbs.. You should atleast try it..

Keep the carbs to a pre-workout and post workout ( more on the post )

joevette is offline Banned
    You absolutely have to have carbs to gain muscle, now how many carbs is up to how your body responds. I eat about 500 grams of carbs a day and thats with slin (where for 2.5 hrs you do not injest too many carbs or you'll get fat). That's how many carbs I need to grow. You need to fine tune it to your body.

Oh yeah, you should accuratly measure your bf%. Basing a fat gain on how your pants feel won't do, what if your quads just got bigger. Expect a little fat gain while bulking, anything excessive and I'd lower the carbs gradually until you are stil gaining muscle but limiting fat.

I eat about 500 grams of carbs a day and thats with slin

WOW!

I'll lower my carbs then... but what about T3. During the last three years up until I stared the cycle, I've being eating low in carbs, I really think that my metabolism has slow down a lot, you guys think that maybe the T3 could help me or clen while on the cycle?

fitter-happier is offline New Member
    one of my buddies made the same dreaded mistake on his first bulking cycle. he felt he was putting on too much weight, so he layed up with both his cal intake and intensity at the gym. the first few weeks he came off, though, were drastic. while he still put on about a good 15-25lbs. of mass, he could have put on a lot more if he kept with what he was doing originally, all the way to the end of his cycle. keep in mind, regardless of what type of AS you're on, you're gonna retain a lot of water. you can curb the bloated look by running cardio 3-5 days a week, for no more than 30-45 minutes, or by taking some type of anti-e like nolv.

one thing i noticed was missing from your post is your diet regiment. what's it like? how many cals/macros, etc? because instead of eating everything in sight, it sounds like you could try a clean bulk, meaning cleaner carbs like oats/brown rice, and less white bread/rice. low gi carbs that your body can digest more efficiently. more chicken breast instead of meat patties or burgers. the idea is that you basically eat the foods as if you were on a cutting diet, but just up the portions.

and to determine how many cals you should be taking in, because you're gonna need to take in A LOT, you should run your stats against the benedict formula. it's all really tedious, but the more time and effort you put in, the better your results'll be. that way, you can still bulk up, and finish off your cycle with more lean mass, and less of a triple chin

your first cycle is the most important one. and you don't wanna have to learn from your own mistakes in retrospect. heed the advice of the other bros here and know that your friends and family WILL take notice. it's inevitable. but remember, that's why you hopped on in the first place. don't let other people's opinions stray you away from your goals.
    Last edited by fitter-happier; 09-13-2004 at 10:08 AM. Reason: for posterity :P

bump

Braz_Machine is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    You absolutely have to have carbs to gain muscle, now how many carbs is up to how your body responds. I eat about 500 grams of carbs a day and thats with slin (where for 2.5 hrs you do not injest too many carbs or you'll get fat). That's how many carbs I need to grow. You need to fine tune it to your body.

You are absolutely right joevette,

I made the mistake by cutting carbs 3 weeks b4 a bench contest. Big mistake that is all I have to say. I us a 50/50 ratio I match my protien and carb intake. I take in between 350-450g protein/ed so I take in 350-450g Carb/ed. 4000-6000 cal/ed. Plus when you are bulking you are going to put on some fat anyway.

Muscle & Fitness has an excellent article on gaining 10 lbs of muscle in 2 months eating 8000 cal every 4th or 5th day. But using good foods. You can't go and eat a whole pizza to get 2000 cal there are better foods that are high in cal. Go buy the latest M&F its on the cover Gain 10 lbs of Muscle eating 8000 cal.

Peace,
    Braz_Machine

shadowman25 is offline Associate Member
    i've always been a firm believer in carbs....thats where i get my energy to burn the protien. Isnt sugar the only carb you should worry about?
    By the way i was fukkin' estatic when my pants didnt fit anymore! girlfriend was too! lighten up a bit

If you're worried about gaining fat try eating clean before you cut the carbs too much. I ussually eat around 5000 calories a day consisting of chicken breasts, brown rice, oats, protein shakes, tuna, and cottage cheese. The only time I eat sugar is in the form of straight dextrose with my slin pwo.

As far as your first cycle being the best, I don't really buy into that. It kinda depends on the compounds and quatities you are using. For instance I gained 17lbs on my first cycle of 500mg of test prop in 12 weeks, but with the cycle I'm on now (1050g test prop, 12IUs slin PWO only) I've already gained 14lbs and it's only the 4th week.

As far as your first cycle being the best, I don't really buy into that. It kinda depends on the compounds and quatities you are using. For instance I gained 17lbs on my first cycle of 500mg of test prop in 12 weeks, but with the cycle I'm on now (1050g test prop, 12IUs slin PWO only) I've already gained 14lbs and it's only the 4th week.
    true. obviously results will differ from person to person, but my point was it's ideal that you get it right the first time, rather than working out all the kinks in your second, third, or fourth cycles. as unlikely as that sounds

Quote Originally Posted by fitter-happier
    true. obviously results will differ from person to person, but my point was it's ideal that you get it right the first time, rather than working out all the kinks in your second, third, or fourth cycles. as unlikely as that sounds
    I hear ya, it's best to research and workout any forseable problems ahead of time. The first cycle is important to workout problems that are specific to you, ie. high bp, acne, bloat. Everyone reacts a little differently so it's nice to know how you will react before you do too high a dosage and get terrible sides.

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    i don't think you need high carbs in a bulking diet but 60 carbs i think is way too low in a bulker. I would def. stay away from sugar though. I think moderate carbs would be good.

little-one is offline Associate Member
    I remember seeing a before and after picture of some dude on here that was on fina and I think winstrol . He posted his diet and he had virtually 0 carbs in his diet with a large amount of protein. His transformation was awesome, it was the best before-after picture I have seen. He didnt look like a big fat puffy balloon like most people look like when they go on a bulking cycle. He looked strong and ripped.

BlueCollar is offline Banned
    I saw one like that too.. might have been same guy.. i think hes banned now

Quote Originally Posted by little-one
    I remember seeing a before and after picture of some dude on here that was on fina and I think winstrol. He posted his diet and he had virtually 0 carbs in his diet with a large amount of protein. His transformation was awesome, it was the best before-after picture I have seen. He didnt look like a big fat puffy balloon like most people look like when they go on a bulking cycle. He looked strong and ripped.

GrimmReaper is offline Senior Member
    what are the best carbs for bulking? complex? what are examples rice????

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmReaper
    http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutrition/

Definatly complex, brown rice, oats, yams etc.

I haven't seen that pic you're talking about but you can't tell much from a pic. He could have just lost a lot of fat and maintained muscle. For maximum muscle you need lots of carbs. You'll gain some fat but this is why we have cutting agents.

Oh yeah, you do need some simple sugars PWO too.

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    brown rice is good carb , but there so many, carbs give you energy bro without good carbs your gains wont be as good

Definatly complex, brown rice, oats, yams etc.

I haven't seen that pic you're talking about but you can't tell much from a pic. He could have just lost a lot of fat and maintained muscle. For maximum muscle you need lots of carbs. You'll gain some fat but this is why we have cutting agents.
    I'll see if I can find it

I found it but I dont know how to take the thread and transfer it here, so just go to the members pictures section and scroll down untill you see his name "got fina?"

Thread Information