broncojosh is offline Senior Member

about to start first cycle, should I change my workout?

Wasn't sure if this should go in this section, or the workout section.....Okay, I'm starting my first cycle in the next few weeks..hopefully next week, and wanted to know if I should just increase the weight in my workouts, or completely change my workout? I lift 5 days a week. (alot like bigkev's workout plan). When I start juicing, should I change the scheme, or just the weight?

PAINLESS is offline New Member
    dont take this the wrong way! Um yeah you should change you weight because your gonna get stronger, don't you increase the weights when your not on? and it depends on what your workout is now. You dont wanna overtrain. But being "on" will make you heal quicker so you could probbly add an extra routine in there a week. I would usually add a need improvement bodypart into the workout program and hit it an extra once more than you usually do. Doing this will greatly improve lacking bodyparts in my opinion. Hope this post is understandable and helps, becuase i type fast and never go back and propf read. good luck man. best wishes!

bortort is offline Associate Member
    My routine changes automaticly when I'm on. I'm sure yours will too. You should find yourself much stonger with much more indurace. But one thing for sure, always push yourself to go heavy, but not to overtrian. I find myself having a great workout and still wanting more. Remember when enough is enough.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I know my weight is going to increase! That is a given. I just don't know if I should keep my routine the same, or should I add sets as well as more weight? I'm guessing I should just listen to my body and go from there.

bortort is offline Associate Member
    Thats hard to say, I don't know how many sets you do now. I get four sets of each. ( not including warm up sets )
    10 rep
    8 rep
    6 rep
    6 rep.

But I also believe what you said. lisen to your body Everyone response differently to different workouts. Just give it hell.
    ( but you can still overtrain when on a cycl. too)

Thread Information