monkeyjuice is offline Member

Propecia Question

If i start taking 1mg of Propecia ED 1 month before my cycle, why does it suggest that I take it ED FOREVER?

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    If you're experiencing any hairloss off cycle then go ED forever, or until you don't mind going bald / wanna have kids ( finasteride fu<ks with male foetuses if your missus gets pregnant )
    I've used finasteride for 5 years now & my hairline has hardly budged ( was on its way out before )
    I also switch to the more potent Dutasteride during cycles - just to be on the safe side..
    Finasteride will generally only help if you're taking an AS that is metabolised by 5AR to a DHT derivative....
    ie...good for Test, Dbol etc..
    wont help for winny, eq etc..

BigGenes is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    If you're experiencing any hairloss off cycle then go ED forever, or until you don't mind going bald / wanna have kids ( finasteride fu<ks with male foetuses if your missus gets pregnant )
    I've used finasteride for 5 years now & my hairline has hardly budged ( was on its way out before )
    I also switch to the more potent Dutasteride during cycles - just to be on the safe side..
    Finasteride will generally only help if you're taking an AS that is metabolised by 5AR to a DHT derivative....
    ie...good for Test, Dbol etc..
    wont help for winny, eq etc..
    What about having kids?

Finasteride inhibits DHT formation (from test) and it is DHT that is responsible for some aspects of male foetal development - in particular genital dvelopment. It (finasteride) can be passed through semen - so If your misses gets pregnant when you're taking it there is a chance of abnormalities in the male foetus (such as micro phallus)

So you've gotta be real careful!

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Can you expand on that comment regarding EQ please DM?

Yo bigun -
    Propecia works by reducing the conversion of Test ( & similar ) to DHT
    Therefore it wont help stop hairloss caused by AS that are already DHT based
    AS that are similar to DHT are Winny, Anavar , Primo & I think EQ (although I'm not positive about EQ) also proviron ....can't remember them all (maybe tren also)
    Some of these DHT derivatives do have a high affinity for scalp androgen receptors & can cause hairloss (eg winny), but some don't seem to (eg anavar) I'm not sure what the explanation for this is....but the upshot is with winny for example you can't reduce hairloss using propecia, but with test ( & test based AS ) you have a pretty good chance of reducing hairloss.
    Actually this is a sh*t answer - cos I'm not 100% about EQ being a DHT deriviative - but basically if it is then propecia won't help EQ induced hairloss....
    Still EQ is supposed to be fairly mild on the hairline so It shouldn't be a too much of a problem in that respect...

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    I just read a thread on this last week in the educational forums last week that went through all the AS that affect hairloss and how to counteract them. Didn't subscribe, though, so try doing a search in the Ed threads and you should be able to find it.

hoopcat528 is offline Associate Member

? for duckman

I am wondering where you got the info about Propecia and having kids.

My dermatologist told me that it is pregnant women that need to avoid propecia. He told me that drug manuf. do not have any real test data for males taking propecia that get their women pregnant.

But I don't want to just trust my doctor. Do you have some proof, or a recent study, etc ?

Please let us know...I am taking propecia and trying to get my wife pregnant !

No I don't have any proof if - just all the drug companies spell it out really loud - it may be to cover their asses, or it may be true - I wouldn't want to take the risk

I have seen studies (can't remember where) that finasteride is present in semen
    & also that DHT deficiencies in male foetuses can cause developmental probs -
    joining the two points together may be hard, but it would make sense........as for the doses / concentrations / exact conditions etc needed for this to happen- that's anyones guess

I think you're right that it would be pregnant women most at risk, but I'm not sure @ exactly which point in gestation DHT exerts its' influence

I'm really no expert so I'd try to find someone who knows thier sh*t - it's potentially pretty serious stuff....good luck

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    I have seen studies (can't remember where) that finasteride is present in semen
    & also that DHT deficiencies in male foetuses can cause developmental probs -
    joining the two points together may be hard, but it would make sense........as for the doses / concentrations / exact conditions etc needed for this to happen- that's anyones guess
    There are no studies showing that finasteride can be transmitted through semen. Read the Merc studies to see that even 50mg day has no effect.

The caution pregnant women in handling *broken pills* because there is a slight chance of oral absorption.

k - my bad - I could well be wrong, but I'm sure i've read it somewhere - will look hard!

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Thanks DM, I was aware of that but wanted to know if you knew anything new I didnt

Thread Information