Catch is offline Junior Member

My quad is killing me!!

Ok, this is my first cycle. I'm 35 and I've been in and out of the gym for 20 years so it's not my first day. I got back in shape after an injury and feel like I had plateaued so I made the decision to try a cycle.

Stats are 5'7", 195, 12% bodyfat. I'm in the gym at least 4 days a week.

I've been injecting 125ml of Sustanon Monday, Wednesday and Friday with 300ml of Deca with my Sus on Fridays. I had been using my glutes as the injection site, but they are getting worn out after 5 weeks of EOD injections, so I decided to try a quadricep.

I did the research on where to do it, but I think I may have missed the mark and went too far into the middle of my thigh instead of to the outside of it. I used a 23ga needle and it was my Friday injection so it was like 1.5cc. It didn't hurt when I did it, but I worked legs the next day and that evening the pain in my quad was enough to make me nauseous. It's now Monday evening and I can still barely walk on it. It kills to stretch it and my whole quad is a bit swollen. There isn't much redness and I don't feel feverish even though I haven't taken my temperature.

I am extremely concerned that I may have done some serious damage. Is this level of soreness normal? I have a bit of trepidation about going to the doc and having to tell him what's going on since I'm really pretty embarrassed about using AS in the first place.

I guess I just need to know if I'm ****ed up or not. Or need some reassurance that it's going to get better. I swear when I am done with this cycle, I'm
    Never going to do this shit again.

choo9 is offline Junior Member
    Training legs just after may not have helped but i'd say it has to do with location. Obviously, it could be a number of things but i'd try and keep it lightly massaged and refrain from any heavy loads.... jut to keep it loose. I'd say if u havent seen any progress in 4-6 days, u may want to look into it further. In reference to your last sentence, i said that 10 years ago.

cantbetouched is offline Associate Member
    I keep my aas use as quiet as possible so i shoot myself and i like to see where im poking.. So i shoot quads all of the time.. my right quad is cake and ice cream. My left is another story.. It's always sore the day after.. I typicaly do legs that day day after and i have done this many times. im just not as steady with my left hand as my right... so the needle moves more = more pain.. I dont think you should be concerned. if this is your first time ever hitting the quad you should really be sore virgin muscle.. good luck
    BTW idk how you couyld miss anything in the quad it's a huge muscle you'll hit somthing lol

lc1213 is offline Associate Member
    Dude I feel your pain, literally. This is my first time running aas (36 years old,test e only, 500mg per week, one shot per quad per week) and my first shot was in my left quad and I worked out almost immediately after my first shot. For 4 days, the pain in my left leg was crazy. I could barely walk and when it came time to workout my legs again, I had to skip it. I had similar pain in my right quad after my first injection but it didn't last nearly as long. Cantbetouched said you couldn't miss anything and hes right. The quad is a big muscle and being your first shot into virgin muscle is where you could be getting the pain from. If you can, try a 25 guage 1" needle and warming the oil before you inject it to see if that helps on your next quad injection. For now, try some heat and ibuprofen to help you with the soreness and pain, thats how i got through it. Good luck

takedownII is offline Member
    did you sterilize properly? it's been three or so days now, has it gotten worse, better, or stayed the same? any redness or have you gotten a fever at all?

i ask because it may be infected.....

if the answer is no to all the above, it's probably just virgin muscle that's not used to being poked....gotta love it man, it's part of the game

try a heating pad now, and from now on massage the sight right after the shot....

tkdwnII

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    First pin to the quads sucks!!! You also might have nicked a nerve. Thats happened to me twice and that sucks every worse!!

ThE DarK KnighT is offline Junior Member
    could be the stuff and your body reacting to it.

jpalmer is offline Banned
    quads are perfectly fine, my favorite injection site. pain depends on gear some brands are more painful than others. with painful gear I find glutes to be a better injection site

Ok, update. Since my OP my leg is feeling much better. There is still some soreness but walking and moving is infinitely better. BUT, I just went to the restroom and now there is noticeable red blotches that are warm to the touch. Is this a bad sign?

I sterilized properly. I used a sealed, sterile unused needle and wiped the vial top and injection site down with alcohol.

Is the redness and warmth just my body fighting whatever is going on in my quad? Is my fuggin leg going to fall off!? Arg! This sucks.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Its just virgin muscle pain. I know the first time i hit quads it was excruciating for the next few days. Now i hit them often with no pain what so ever. The prop in the sust may also be causing a little more post injection pain

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have a couple of questions.
    How long was the needle?
    How long did it take you to inject?

I have been doing quads 99% for 3+ years up to 2+cc at a time no problem.
    I also take well over 2 minutes to inject 2cc. If you are doing it quickly you are BLASTING it against virgin muscle like a fire hose. Yeah many people get sore and that's usually why. It's not the gear, it's the person pushing the plunger.
    I use 1" to 1 1/4" for quads.

Its normal when you pin quads for the first time dont worry. It will last about 5-6 days the pain though, but after that you wont have any more problems. So suck it up and continue pinning.

Thanks for all the replies, advice and encouragement. I appreciate it and it was needed. I hope I'm not coming off as it being the pain that's bothering me. It's not. I'm no stranger to pain. I'm just super paranoid about infection and/or doing something wrong being so new to all of this.

The needle is 1" and it was plunged rather quickly as I had no idea that speed (or lack thereof) of the plunger was a factor. I'll definitely keep that in mind in the future.

While we're on the subject and since quads are my new LEAST favorite injection site... My glutes are getting small knots in them, which I am assuming is just bits of scar tissue? Is it ok to just go back over these spots? I mean, I've been trying to avoid them, but I'm running out of ass with EOD injections. Lol.

I'm not opposed to trying other sites, but I've read that the glutes and quads are the best ones and I swore to myself if I ever did a cycle I was going to do everything right.

Avoid glutes or any other place that has knots or is hard to inject into. Doing EOD injections you have to have more spots to pin. Try delts, quads, hip, pecs, triceps and leave the glutes alone for a while to recover. Bigger muscles are better, but when pinning often you can split the amount you inject between several spots if needed.

I know what your are going through by saying you will never cycle again because of the quad pain. Its only going to get better and better with everyshot, believe me. Virgin muscle will always be sore when injected until it gets used to it.

I am pretty sure its not an infection so dont worry about it.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I believe we all have done it bro.I shoot high on the quad in the crease.But once in a while.I will have that pain.Use a heat pad.And if you ever do go to the Docs office.Tell him you shot B12.Safer

Thread Information