Cleanboy03 is offline New Member

Parent Questions...

I still live at home, and my parents are all over my case about the amount of lifting that i do. I do it within reason like 5-6 days a week hard, but they still bitch about how it serves no purpose, and that i am already naturally big enough for football. So my question to you guys....is there any facts or evidence that my rents will buy into that lifting hard will actually improve my person - possibly some evidence outside of the weight room would be preferable. I know how lifting improves my game but i cannot prove it to them. Thanks

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    Cures or aids depression. Focus anger on a greater cause too

NightOp is offline Member
    lifting is one of the healthiest things you can do as long as you don't become overly concearned with how you look... that does not mean you shouldnt take training and diet very seriously, it just means that its easy to only think about your body and nothing else, or at least for me it is...

Yea thanks for the help, dont mean to flame but i know this. Rents don't really like to buy into information unless it has p.h.d. in front of the sentence. But any help in the form of viable arguments are welcomed....continue

planetx is offline Associate Member
    Tell the parents that it disciplines you to adhere to a daily regimen and schedule. Workout is from this and this time. Everything else falls into place around that. Studying, school, part time employment, etc..All your time is valuable and accounted for. No wasting time watching TV or loitering with the boys at the Mall.

Tell them that the dedication and discipline you are exhibiting in working out is spreading to other aspects of your life. More organized, more healthy, more alert in class.

Any more BS than that, then they may be on to you

john004 is offline Associate Member
    Deffently a new one for me, parents who have a problem with their child staying away from drugs and out of trouble.. i think my parents would rather me live in the gym, then to go out on friday night.

verdeda is offline Junior Member
    Tell them it is either lifting or I will bring home prostitutes. Trust me it will work!

TheStromba is offline Associate Member
    Tell them you want to be like Arnold ! - pretty good roll model.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Tell them it makes you feel good and you also take pride in you self..Would they like you to be a fat out of shape slob or a fit and healthy young man..

REM
    REM is offline Member
    you see back in their years lifting wasn't
    too common as it's now, the thecnology back then
    wasn't too advanced as it's now, so what i'm
    trying to say is, this is a new world and lifting
    is a requirement specially if you r player or
    AAS user. he has to understand the lifting is
    your hobby, which i'm pretty sure he had one too,
    seat with him and bullshit about his and he will
    probably understands try it man....

Yea they did grow up in an era where lifting was not done for any sport. They are rather old late 50's. But my mom has never played a sport and my dad played a little baseball but i do not ever get the feeling from either of them that they had dedication on any athletic field. So it is hard for me to explain to them my dedication because this is something that they never had and cannot understand.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Just like everyone else said, you have to make them UNDERSTAND that this is now a part of you. That's the way it has happened for me. The only difference is that mine don't really care too much about be BB, however, almost everyday they say don't get too carried away. It's what's up here (pointing to your head) that is important, not how big your muscles are.

I've been lifting for over 2 years now, and it's just a part of my life. It comes so natural, and they realize that. How long have you been training??? With time, they will come to realize how serious you are about this, and they will loosen up a little.

I have been lifting for 1 1/2 hard, and have accomplished many gains. I started out pretty skinny to average 17 year old kid, and now i am maxing at 270lbs bench 400 squat and 180 power clean. My body has changed dramatically and i think that is one thing that they do not like. for the 1 1/2 years that i have been lifting i have put on 20 lbs natural. Probably about 15 lbs of that is muscle, only growing an inch in the last year.

REM
    REM is offline Member
    how old are you now?
    are you the only kid in the house?

sniper105 is offline Junior Member
    Muscle and Fitness magazine always does a good article on the positives of a healty lifestyle. Check those and maybe their website for related stuff. Good luck. Bring home the prostitute any way, it's a real ice breaker.

OT8268 is offline Associate Member
    I am with the others in that I cant believe your parents would discourage such a thing, just like when I started playing football my parents did not want me to play because they thought it was to violent, but they also said that they would support me in anything I did, so i have played throughtout highschool and into college and they have never stopped supporting me in my goals and dedication, that included driving me to speed training 3 times a week when I was a freshmen and sophomore, giving me money to join a g ym etc. I feel bad that your parents are not as positive about your hobbies

Thread Information