Thread: bloodwork ques.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

bloodwork ques.

i been having pain in my forearms almost like shin splints. I went to ortho and i have nothing physically wrong with me. But my blood work came back my total CK was 3200 way high. The ortho said it could be that high from working out hard. My regualr doc said no way. I didn't know if any of you guys know anything about this.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

darmadoc is offline Member
    When I took dbol the same thing happened to me. It went away when I stopped it, even tho I continued test and deca . Are you taking dbol? I doubt it is from simply working out.

Regardless, stop what you are doing, don't work out and drink lots of fluids. Ck levels that high can cause kidney problems.

needle is offline Senior Member
    Dude i wouldn't be suprised if you were on D Bol. Strange things happen to certain PEOPLE i had a pain in my back went to the hospital and wound up in the hospital for 6 days. But before i had my pain i had a really paiful like strain almost on my More used hand. If the doc said it was like shin splints then that means your pounded the shit out of bones when you work out just like runners pound the shit out of the shins when they run on cement or hard surfaces. But what i have learned from D BOL so far it seams people have or injure muscles more esialy whe there on it???? I would say take it easy for a couple days light reps and ICE THE SHIT out of your arms thats what runners do.

needle is offline Senior Member
    Oh ya if your blood work is all fucked up then stop D BOL that shit not for everyone. What did you mean by CK ?

no im not on dbol . But thanks for your ideas. Ck is a muscle enzyme test

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I get those forearm "splints" all the time. I asked my doctor about them and he said they are a sign of growing. I havent done a cycle yet so its not from any form of AS. It hurts the worst when I curl. Try rubbing some icy hot on your forearms. This helps me out.

stubby is offline Banned
    good tips
    no wonder i've been hurting

superjew is offline Associate Member
    I've had that same experience gixxer. I got some blood work done years ago, way before I started AAS. And my ck level was through the roof! My doctor told me the same thing as yours: that it was elevated because of muscle trauma. The kind you get from intense weightlifting and athletics.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    pheedno is really good with the blood work, i am sure soon enough he will answer to this

he has helped me out alot with blood work questions

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    It's a creatine kinase reading. Not uncommon for it to be elevated in bodybuilders at all.
    When you say 3200, thats not 3200 per liter. Because normal range is 32-267 units per liter. Specify your reading a little more. Because 3200 units per deciliter is not bad.
    On a normal person, this test is given to measure the severity of an injured muscle( are you injured anywhere?), but as bodybuilders, your constantly injuring your muscles for growth.

Now if your getting the test done, you should not workout 24 hours before hand. That right there can elevate the level.

Other reasons for an elevated level would be
    Heart Attack
    Surgery
    Muscle disease
    If you recently had a shot
    Injury to a muscle(workingout could be the culprit)

The test can be given every 8 hours to measure injury and whether the injury is healing. So if you had done a serious workout before hand such as back or legs, I'd be interested in seeing your results with a 24 hour rest period.

Your doc knows best in terms of whether to keep testing but it doesn't sound like something to worry about.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    told ya

Pheedo it say on my bloodwork CK,Total 3226 Reference range 0-200 u/l.

i started this post awhile ago so i dont rember if i trained 24 hrs before the bloodwork but odds are i did.

Thread Information