Thread: Cycle help

Justoid is offline Associate Member

Cycle help

Alright guys, after an eight week break getting my diet and training back in unison i have had the pleasure of training with a uk powerlifting champion and his partner, a competitive body builder. This will be my 2nd cycle after a previous 8 week of test enanthate . My question is i have been advised by these guys to go with test prop for 8 weeks and oxymetholone for the first 4 weeks of that course. Using the oxy at a dose of 100mg for the first 2 weeks then tapering it off with 50mg for the last 2 weeks. How does that sound and what kind of doseage should i be looking at for the prop as last time i used 500 a week for the enanthate.
    Cheers guys

just bumping this up as i have had no replies and its been a couple of days

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    You have 142 posts, so you've been around long enough to know this, but I'll say it anyway.

If you want critiques on a cycle, write out the cycle CLEARLY. Include your age, stats, years lifting and goals. Then you'll get specific asnwers.

Example of how to write out the Cycle (the stats part, etc. is elementary):

Weeks 1-10:
    Testosterone Cypionate @ 400mg per week
    Deca @ 300mg per week
    Weeks 11-13:
    Nothing
    Weeks 14-16:
    Traditional Clomid PCT

ye sorry my bad.
    Ok here goes
    Age 22- height 6'5 weight 113kgs
    Training experience- 5 years high cv exercise and weightlifting
    cycle history- 6 weeks of test enanthate at 500 week

Current cycle i was planning was prop at 500 a week for 8 weeks
    Oxymetholone 100mg a day for first 2 weeks then 50 for 2.
    Run clomid for pct and have nolva on hand.

Hopefully ill get more out of this cycle as on the last one my cv activity was extrememly high which definately hindered my max muscle growth, what do you guys think of this cycle. I would run dbol instead of the oxy however i know a few people who have experienced badf acne of the dbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Justoid
    ye sorry my bad.
    Ok here goes
    Age 22- height 6'5 weight 113kgs
    Training experience- 5 years high cv exercise and weightlifting
    cycle history- 6 weeks of test enanthate at 500 week

Current cycle i was planning was prop at 500 a week for 8 weeks
    Oxymetholone 100mg a day for first 2 weeks then 50 for 2.
    Run clomid for pct and have nolva on hand.

Hopefully ill get more out of this cycle as on the last one my cv activity was extrememly high which definately hindered my max muscle growth, what do you guys think of this cycle. I would run dbol instead of the oxy however i know a few people who have experienced badf acne of the dbol.
    I'm not sure who suggested that you should take 500mg a week of testosterone enanthate for only 6 weeks. Enanthate takes about 3-4 weeks to kick in, so you only had 3 weeks of serious bodybuilding benefit from your last cycle. If you're like most people, you work out your entire body approxmiately once per week. So, on that last cycle, you had 3 good workouts per bodypart to grow. That's not enough time to make any reasonable gains.

Consider the following cycle:

Weeks 1-10:
    Test Enanthate @ 250-300 mg per week (no more than 400mg per week)
    Weeks 11-12:
    Nothing
    Weeks 13-15:
    Clomid PCT

This will give you a long period of time to grow while experiencing the benefits of the cycle. You don't need to bother with the Oxymetholone.

Learn this truth now:
    The biggest guys in the gym are not always the smartest guys from which to take advice. Some know what they are talking about, some don't. Just because they've grown fast, does not mean what they did will work for you.

Short cycles are heavily debated on the boards. There's enough information out there for you to learn about them. I prefer longer, low- to moderate-dose cycles for the reasons I mentioned above.

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    yes i agree i don't think you ran the first cycle long enough, but you could go with like 75mg prop/ed and leave out the oxy. 8 wks. using prop. would be better than 6 wks. on enathate.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyMechanic
    yes i agree i don't think you ran the first cycle long enough, but you could go with like 75mg prop/ed and leave out the oxy. 8 wks. using prop. would be better than 6 wks. on enathate.
    These guys you're talking to at the gym are not taking into consideration that you're a novice at cycling.

Do you want to stick yourself with a needle every day (or at least every other day)? I do not recommend propionate for novices because it requires frequent injections.

Stick with the enanthate . At the doses I suggested, you'll need to inject yourself 1-2 times per week. At your stage of the game, the differences between propionate and enanthate are insignificant.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 09-19-2004 at 03:14 PM.

I understand what are you saying about the guys at the gym however i took enanthate during my off season. I am a pro sportsman so i run the risk of random testing. Now that my season has started again it is safer to go with the prop due to how long it stays detectable in the system.
    On the point of short v long cycles there are a lot of pros and cons for each however the 6 week cycle of test i did previously was not intended to be for only 6 weeks, i ran into some personal problems and i couldnt dedicate enough time and commitment to my diet and training and so decided it best to stop and start on my pct. Appreciate all the adive and opinions.
    Think ill go with prop at 75mg eod

If you had given that kind of info up front, you probably would have gotten better answers from people.

Best of luck with your season.

Thread Information