J_Rod245 is offline Associate Member

Question Am I Gonna DIE from taking 400 mg B-6 ed???

I just looked on a vitamin bottle and it read that 2mg a day is 100% of my daily value of b-6 and Im being told to take 400 mg a day due to the fact that im gonna run Fina at 120 ed. Is that much b-6 gonna be harmful. I have already purchased the cranberry capsules to help out the old kidneys. Another question would be this: How much cranberry extract should I be taking??

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Rod245
    I just looked on a vitamin bottle and it read that 2mg a day is 100% of my daily value of b-6 and Im being told to take 400 mg a day due to the fact that im gonna run Fina at 120 ed. Is that much b-6 gonna be harmful. I have already purchased the cranberry capsules to help out the old kidneys. Another question would be this: How much cranberry extract should I be taking??

oh you will die! i suggest 1200mg ed

Do you ever reply in a serious fashion??

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    For your cycle run 200mg ED of B6........... That is the safe dosage to use

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Rod245
    Might consider taking a complete B-complex because too much of one can cause extraordinary metabolisation of other B's like B9 and B12, so then you are loaded on B6 and deficient in other vitamins. There are a lot of things in the body had have accompanying electrolites so too much of one thing causes deficiencies in other things. Try to keep all your nutrients, proteins, vitamins balanced and in ratios typical of what the body is used to having.

Also watch a handful of vitamins which can be toxic in ultra high levels, that being vitamins A and E. Vitamin B's generally arent that bad in mega doses and once the body takes a certain amount, the rest is trashed which is why we get intense yellowing of urine after taking B-vits... its dumped like crazy into urine and its also not that rough on the kidneys. Vit A is different. Natural source Vit A is OK, but it seems the artificial version in multivitamins has a toxicity in its form if done too high... Vitamen E can disrupt your vision if taken in too high of doses.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 09-20-2004 at 10:17 AM.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Might consider taking a complete B-complex because too much of one can cause extraordinary metabolisation of other B's like B9 and B12, so then you are loaded on B6 and deficient in other vitamins. There are a lot of things in the body had have accompanying electrolites so too much of one thing causes deficiencies in other things. Try to keep all your nutrients, proteins, vitamins balanced and in ratios typical of what the body is used to having. Also watch a handful of vitamins which can be toxic in high levels, that being vitamins A and E.
    He's using this as a means to keep prolactin levels low........ B-Complex will not help.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Vitamin B6 is clearly toxic at doses about 1000 times the RDA. Daily doses of 2-5 grams of one specific form of this vitamin can produce difficulty in walking and tingling sensations in the legs and soles of the feet. Continued megadoses of vitamin B6 result in further unsteadiness, difficulty in handling small objects, and numbness in the hands. When the high doses are stopped, recovery begins after two months. Complete recovery may take two to three years. (chc Library)

2 GRAMS???? Wow...thats lots more than 200mg. I think I'll be good. ahahhahaha. Thanks guys. I guess i just feel it out and adjust accordingly.

bigjayo is offline Associate Member
    You do have to watch your b6 intake. I did 200mg for 8 months(trying to treat hand problems) and my eyes began to twitch like crazy in months 6-7, I went to doc. He made me stop it, problem went away completly. He said 200mg b6 everyday plays hell with your nerves, guess I'm gonna have to look for something else to combat progesterone. gyno

n0_Genetics is offline Associate Member
    b vitamins are water soluble vitamins and if overdosed, though not recommended due to complications with other b vits, have yet to show signs of toxicity, it'll be passed out of your body thru your pee.

ntpadude is right in his post, vits a & e are fat soluble vits which is retained in your body so a higher dose would result in toxicity.

Thread Information