Fashioncore1 is offline Associate Member

Hitting a vein??

Yesterday i was trying to pop myself in the right delt. My delts are my favorite spots to hit. Well, i was kinda in a rush and pulled the oil out of the vial. I switched needle tips and then stuck the needel in. I went an inch deep and pulled back on the syringe. No blood was present so i started to push the oil in. I pushed about 1.2ml in in about 20 seconds. Normally i take my time, but i had a train to catch and did was not gonna be able to stick myself for another day or so. Well, when i pulled the needle out, my shoulder squirted blood. It hit the wall around 3 feet away from me, then started dribbling down my arm. I've never experienced more than a drop or two of blood when sticking myself. This was the first time i ever saw that much blood. When i wiped the blood off, i saw a big bump in the skin at the injection site. I massaged it and it went down a little bit. I am wondering if i hit a vein, or just hit next to one and the needle nicked it when i was injecting. IF i pulled back and didnt get blood in the syringe, then i didnt hit a vein. Well, why was there a squirt of blood?

Today the site is a little sore as normal, but the bump is still present. I'm gonna give it a couple days and see if the bump doesnt go down, then i am gonna take some AMOX to be safe. Anything else i should do?

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    probably scraped a vein on the way in ...i've made a few gushers myself...if you kept everything clean, you're probably ok....just keep an eye on it...
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-18-2004 at 07:17 AM.

mass junkie is offline banned
    id say you knicked it on the way out...but you'll live...scary **** huh

smhart75 is offline Associate Member
    dude, the same thing happened to me before, its nutz to see your blood shoot out.

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Sometime you go clear thur the vein, so when you pull back there is bo blood, I remember the first time it happened to me I was on the boards asking the same question. Keep thing clean and everything will be OK.

Rocket

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Dont start taking antibitoics

Fashioncore1 is offline Associate Member
    it's been a couple days since i had my gusher. i'm fine. arm isnt sore anymore. bump went away after two days. thanks for the info.

Clarkk is offline Junior Member
    That happend to me last week for the first time in 12 weeks of my cycle. Scares the **** out of ya. I was hoping that I did not lose what I injected.

jonnytour is offline Member
    Ya...I think that would be one of my main concerns too. "Oh ****.....I hope that was just blood and not my gear!!!!" LOL

Thread Information