Monkeytown is offline Senior Member

Back Pumps theory

I have been experiencing back pumps the last week and a half. They started a few weeks ago after doing deadlifts and back extensions. My lower back muscles get tight when doing just about anything. From mowing the lawn to loading plates on a barbell. I have done a search and it seems like a lot of people get them dbol . I am on an M1T cycle and have them. I have a theory on what causes them wanted to see what threst of you thought. I am thinknig that with dbol people tend to put on a lot of weight pretty quickly. I have gained 17lbs in 3 weeks with M1T. Could the tight back and pumps be caused by carrying around that extra weight pretty quickly. Like a pregnant woman goes through.

Any comments?

MT

djboots is offline Associate Member
    17lbs on m1t in three weeks WOW! i did not know that stuff worked that well

I'm sure that all the food I am eating is helping too. I have been eating like a friggin' horse. Upped my cals to close to 5k a day. It's hard as hell to eat that much clean. I'm also taking 1-AD. If the real stuff works better than this I'll be in heaven. Bigger, bigger, bigger!!! Yeah for me!!!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I dont think its from the extra weight, its probably something to do with the liver or kidneys...

big swoll is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    I dont think its from the extra weight, its probably something to do with the liver or kidneys...

EXACTLY....it doesn't have anything to do with putting on the bodyweight....it has everything to do with your liver and kidneys flushing toxins out of your system

ColdSore is offline Banned
    i disagree...i think alot of it has to do with water weight, but mainly a rise in blood pressure

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    i disagree...i think alot of it has to do with water weight, but mainly a rise in blood pressure
    Is that your guess or have you done some research on that? Curious about the blood pressure causing it...tell more

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFitnessGirl
    Is that your guess or have you done some research on that? Curious about the blood pressure causing it...tell more
    its my educated guess from personal experience...why???...cause the back pumps i feel are in my entire back...from lower, to my traps...not in my liver or kidneys...and also i get back pumps on high doses of test when im bloated...if it was d-bol only i would maybe think its slighlty kidney, or liver caused...but pretty much when im on anything oral, or test based, and even tren i get em just as bad on every one of em

its my educated guess from personal experience...why???...cause the back pumps i feel are in my entire back...from lower, to my traps...not in my liver or kidneys...and also i get back pumps on high doses of test when im bloated...if it was d-bol only i would maybe think its slighlty kidney, or liver caused...but pretty much when im on anything oral, or test based, and even tren i get em just as bad on every one of em
    and ive tested my blood pressure when im on fairly often, and its always elevated, but never when im off, and when im off i dont get back pumps

Thanks, My workout partner gets the lower back tightness. It has been hard on our workouts lately. He is 5'11", 265 10% bf. I have been trying to research what could be causing it and what to do about it for him. So any info would be helpful. Sorry didnt mean to jack the thread, just glad you posted that question. TFG

biofx is offline Junior Member
    I am on Test only, and I have been getting crazy back pumps while doing squats/Straight legged deads. I was doing deads the other day and my lower back got so pumped I had to stop doing them and sit down. I could barely stand. Although, I have been getting wicked pumps on everything.

For dbol /M1T, I think it is a combination of pumps & kidney/liver stress. In general, I think pumps just hurt more/more intense in the lower back area.

The pain I am experiencing is nowhere near my kidneys or liver. It is all the way down at the small of my back. Imagine you are doing curls with a low weight and doing many many reps. The burning pump you get....feels good there right, but not in lower back. Effects everything from lifting to walking.

Thanks,
    MT

Thanks, My workout partner gets the lower back tightness. It has been hard on our workouts lately. He is 5'11", 265 10% bf. I have been trying to research what could be causing it and what to do about it for him. So any info would be helpful. Sorry didnt mean to jack the thread, just glad you posted that question. TFG
    have him go buy a blood pressure cuff at wal mart or something, and have him test it every few days when hes on, and then have him test it when hes off and i bet there will be a big difference....

and also, at that body weight its not "natural", so alot of the pain could also be caused by newly added weight hes having to lug around on a daily basis...especially if he just got on

mstearns76 is offline Junior Member
    I had something very similar while on. I couldn't sit in the car for more than 15 min without it starting to hurt and burn....I went for a massage to see if that would help. My massage therp told me that is was b/c I wasn't streching before and after my workout. She told me that most lower back problems are from tight hamstrings. She then got on the table and stood on the back of my legs to strech me out... IT WORKED.. SO now I make sure to strech.... go get a massage and get streched out.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    The pain I am experiencing is nowhere near my kidneys or liver. It is all the way down at the small of my back. Imagine you are doing curls with a low weight and doing many many reps. The burning pump you get....feels good there right, but not in lower back. Effects everything from lifting to walking.

Thanks,
    MT
    sounds completely normal bro...

sounds completely normal bro...
    I was afraid you would say that. ****!!

Thanks Bro

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    i get back pumps and i think it is from either poor form from getting tired or you could be using more than you think(lower back)

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    i get back pumps and i think it is from either poor form from getting tired or you could be using more than you think(lower back)
    I agree with this theory. Although, I to have noticed back pump when I'm not even on cycle. I think that a lot of it, or at least some of it, has to be to poor form. Barbell Rows, for example, have you ever jerked a bit to get the weight up for the last few reps? I get them on deadlifts, and squats too. Actually, anytime I use my lower back I will normally get them. It dosen't bother me, much anymore though. I have been getting a deep tissue massage every week for the last few months and have also started streching more before I get into the weights. Let me tell you, this is a very good remedy for back pumps. They won't eliminate them, but they will surely be minimized. I am also thinking of acupunture in the future for my liver and kidneys.

andy78139 is offline New Member
    If its any help ive also experienced powerful burning at the base of my back, during workouts and in everyday activities. However i got it worse when iwas using m1t, this could have been the cause, or maybe it is due to the mass gain as i gained about 12lbs in three weeks. Ive never gained like this before and most activities became hard until i adjusted to the "new weight". After i came off the m1t the gains slowed and the back pumps stopped

ODC - I too have gotten back pumps from pushing for that last rep or when going heavy on squats or D-lifts. But usually within a day or too they are gone. Not so with these. Have had for 1 1/2 weeks. I used to be involved in martial arts and stretch everynight to keep my flexibility. I also stretch my lower back and hamstrings during my lower back workout.

Andy - I am on an M1T cycle right now and have gained close to 17lbs. I think this is where the continuing pump is coming from....carrying all of this suddenly acquired weight. If I gain more on my first cycle it will kill me! haha

MT

have him go buy a blood pressure cuff at wal mart or something, and have him test it every few days when hes on, and then have him test it when hes off and i bet there will be a big difference....

and also, at that body weight its not "natural", so alot of the pain could also be caused by newly added weight hes having to lug around on a daily basis...especially if he just got on
    Thanks, we will give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by ODC0717
    I agree with this theory. Although, I to have noticed back pump when I'm not even on cycle. I think that a lot of it, or at least some of it, has to be to poor form. Barbell Rows, for example, have you ever jerked a bit to get the weight up for the last few reps? I get them on deadlifts, and squats too. Actually, anytime I use my lower back I will normally get them. It dosen't bother me, much anymore though. I have been getting a deep tissue massage every week for the last few months and have also started streching more before I get into the weights. Let me tell you, this is a very good remedy for back pumps. They won't eliminate them, but they will surely be minimized. I am also thinking of acupunture in the future for my liver and kidneys.
    explain poor form in walking, or simply loading up some 45lb plates?...to some extent that may be true, but i would say "back pain" would be the result, not a pump

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i liked your post before a lot better. i thought you were just being sarcastic, and had me laughing. and that is very rare.

Thread Information