Unknown$$ is offline Associate Member

Best tasting or best type of protein mix??? im not getting answers on other board

What would you all say is the best tasting and/or best type of protein drink from allsportsnutrition? I keep seeing people putting "whey" protein in their diets....but im kinda confused lol. I think im kinda looking for which brand i dunno

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown$$
    What would you all say is the best tasting and/or best type of protein drink from allsportsnutrition? I keep seeing people putting "whey" protein in their diets....but im kinda confused lol. I think im kinda looking for which brand i dunno
    For the low carb protien, I get the prorated brand from costco. It tastes and mixes good and is only $19.99 for a 6lb jug.

im trying to put together a bulking diet so im looking for what types of mixes i should get

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    nitro tech tastes like sh!t.
    the solid whey from allsportsnutrition is very tasty though....and cheap.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    i get solid muscle from www.allsportsnutrition.com 40 bucks for 10 lbs... tastes way better than the crap from costco, and mixes better to boot.

i am so confused as to how to put together a freakin bulking diet...Ive been looking at other peoples diets and information on everything but i still dont get how everyone gets the numbers from the foods. and i have a stupid book with information right next to me!!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    i'd suggest hitting up the diet forum. There are plenty of very helpful people there who can get you started.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    My vote is for Isopure Zero Carb Dutch Chocolate flavor.

There's a 4 page thread on this issue complete with a poll and detailed responses. Check here:

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/showthread.php?t=21954

somedude247 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy

WTF......Nitro tech is by far the best product out there on the market! The taste is pretty good and mixes great!

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE

There's a 4 page thread on this issue complete with a poll and detailed responses. Check here:

AMEN BRUDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Good ****.

little-one is offline Associate Member
    check out the bulking sticky in the diet forum

jeffceps is offline Junior Member
    NITRO TECH!! I COULDN'T EVEN SMELL IT!! get muscle milk, and mix it with milk not water=DAIRY QUEEN MILK SHAKE MMMMMMMMM

lol alright

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somedude247
    WTF......Nitro tech is by far the best product out there on the market! The taste is pretty good and mixes great!
    muscletech is a horrible company and their products blow. Use the solid whey from our sponsor, or if you are picky use an isolate. I use ATW orange isolate, and for general shakes whiel bulking the vanilla solid whey from allsports

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    i get solid muscle from www.allsportsnutrition.com 40 bucks for 10 lbs... tastes way better than the crap from costco, and mixes better to boot.
    Matter of opinion

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    without a doubt in my mind the best tasting protein ever is muscle milk mixed with whole milk. cookies and cream, mocha joe, or rocky road. it has an ungodly amount of fat and saturated fat though (no trans fat they advertise!). it has a good amount of sugar also.

for zero carb, zero fat, syntrax nectar is good...i've only tried fuzzy navel...tastes like OJ (when mixed with water).

both are relatively expensive.

so seems like it just depends on everyones pref

Angelis is offline Banned

Exclamation

so seems like it just depends on everyones pref
    Your Catching on Bro

dumblucky is offline Member
    Champion Nutrition
    mixes excelent with H20
    tastes good in my book

nixfan712 is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by nixfan712; 12-05-2011 at 10:42 PM.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somedude247
    Nitrotech is 99.9% advertizement. It is good, but way over priced because of their advertizment budget.

Myoplex tastes great.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    it seems that i have found that the more it costs the better it tastes. i thought the stuff from allsport was good till i tried the stuff that cost 32.99 for 2 1/2 lbs at my gym, very tasty but to darn expensive!

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Optimum Nutrition Whey(chocolate)10#/$40...bulknutrition.com..each scoop has 23g protien 2g carbs 1g fat 123 servings..taste like chocolate milk mixed with water.mixes easily...best i ever had

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    i am so confused as to how to put together a freakin bulking diet...Ive been looking at other peoples diets and information on everything but i still dont get how everyone gets the numbers from the foods. and i have a stupid book with information right next to me!!
    Bro, we laid out tons of info for your posts in the diet forum, check there again and refer to your threads if you missed it.

~SC~

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nixfan712
    yeah muscle milk cookies and cream is an excellent product for bulking if your not worried about gaining a pound of bf or two- it tastes great

wrong bro. i and everyone else i know that takes muscle milk, doesnt put a single pound of body fat on while using it. they gain good lean muscle and actually ose body fat. i swear by that stuff, for the most part, then optimum whey for other shakes through the day

Clarkk is offline Junior Member
    Hey bro,

If you go to the local vitamin shoppe, they have usually 30 different types of protein, (maybe more, just guess). Anyway, I bought a new 5 or 6 lbs jar every 4-7 days. For a while, I tried a new type of protein every week. Some were priced as low as $12.99 and some were as high as $30.00.

I drink protein with 1/2% milk. Sometimes the protein would not mix with the milk no matter how hard I tried. Some protein whether it was chocolate, vanilla, strawberry or some other nutty flavor tasted terrible.

At first, I chose protein based on low carbs and low sugar and low fat. But if it tastes bad you will not use it and your diet will suffer.

So you really need to try different kinds. Price makes no difference to me if it tastes bad or will not mix properly.

Finally, I found that I only like chocolate flavors. And Pro-Blend Dutch Chocolate is what I have been buying for a few weeks. But not everyone will like it, its all personal preference really.

Also, if I do not like the taste or it does not mix, Vitamine Shoppe will let me exchange it for something else. I have taken protein back a few times and other times I regrettably finished the jar.

mass junkie is offline banned

yep thats what I use as well

sensei_jim is offline Junior Member

Isopure and One source

Add one vote here! For taste and for 0 carbs. It mixes great too! It costs $$ though.

And one vote for one source's Vanilla. Its 2 packs for $40, sometimes its cheaper. I go thru this stuff, as it's my staple mix.

Jimbo

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    I think everyone here has a preference based on trial and error. I know I have tried just about everything out there. My favorite is MetRx vanilla but it too dam expensive. I really like the Muscle Milk and I can get it pretty cheap at a local flee market.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy

EXACTLY

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by w_rballs
    wrong bro. i and everyone else i know that takes muscle milk, doesnt put a single pound of body fat on while using it. they gain good lean muscle and actually ose body fat. i swear by that stuff, for the most part, then optimum whey for other shakes through the day
    yeah yeah, they advertise "burn fat, don't store it!" and the stuff doesn't have any "trans fat"...but honestly, i can't see how that stuff is good for you! it has 18g of fat, 8g of saturated fat, 6g of sugar...all that only for 32g of protein. it has over 650 calories per serving! i'm starting to be sorry that i ever discovered the stuff...it tastes so d@mn good, i keep buying it...=/

Thread Information