Stew is offline Junior Member

Question How Much Protein?

Im starting my first cycle next week and Im just wondering how much protein works best right now I take 1.25 grams per pound bodyweigth. And I get 550 carbs a day, do I also need to increase my carb intake too??

dragon cycle is offline Junior Member
    the norm if u bulking is 3000 cals
    300g protein
    i guess your carbs are good but the more the better if u wanna put on size.

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    I generally try to go by the 2 grams of protein per lb. of body weight. I also try to eat around 4000 to 4500 cal. a day. works well for me.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    I think your calorie intake should be relative to your body weight. For instance they say a 180lb male needs at least 2500 calories a day to maintain weight. Well I can tell you that if I at 260 lbs only ate 2500 calories I would be a stick. I think there is a calculator on www.getswole.com that will tell you what your daily calorie intake should be, then increase from there for weight gain.

JMHO

MT

BigGenes is offline Member
    I am with monkey town on this. When bulking I eat around 5000 on up I have consumed over 6000 cal when on eq. this is no bul$hit! I really eat that much and I stay at 10% BF. Right now I eat around 4000 and thats just maintaining me! Entire pizzas are great!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGenes
    Entire pizzas are great!
    Right on!! I am eating 5 soft chicken tacos from Da Bell!!! Yummy!! I ate 3/4 of a Hawaiian chicken pizza from Papa Johns on Sat. Have you had this thing yet? Try it, it rocks!!!!

I love to workout and eat!! Actually I like to $crew too, but since I can't do that at work, I'll just have to eat! hahaha

Stew is offline Junior Member
    I think I'll go with around 2.5 grams of potein per pound and I'll keep the carbs around were they are right now. Thanks for the help.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    bro i really wouldn't suggest following their eating tips, such as eating entire pizzas and whatnot as you're not going to gain quality muscle, but a lot of fat. Look at the bulking diet thread in the diet forum and it will give you a formula that tells you how much YOU need to be eating, and it even gives a sample diet.

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    bro i really wouldn't suggest following their eating tips, such as eating entire pizzas and whatnot as you're not going to gain quality muscle, but a lot of fat. Look at the bulking diet thread in the diet forum and it will give you a formula that tells you how much YOU need to be eating, and it even gives a sample diet.
    Dude, it is near impossible to eat 4-5kCal a day clean. As long as you watch what you eat regarding Sat. Fat and trans. fats and watch out for carbs late in the evening then eating a pizza is not a problem. That pizza I ate was about 1300 calories. I counted that as one of my 5-6 meals for the day. I don't care who you are, you are going to gain fat if you are trying to bulk up. It's a fact of life.

imann is offline Member
    I am a hard gainer so when i bulk i eat everthing....but you should do at least 2g of protein for every lb of body weight.Ex- if u weigh 200lbs, u should do 400g

Thread Information