Grant is offline Member

Fina is taking over

I'm sure everybody has had this happen to them. One guy in the gym was just staring at me the whole time with a furrow to his brow for almost an hour of my workout. He was just staring me down and it just pissed me off so bad. The could feel the fina getting the best of me. I should have thanked him though because it made me fired up to have a great lift.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    I work out at a place with a bunch of [colloquial word for "wimps"] (sorry). Whenever I deadlift or squat, I get stares. Yesterday, this [colloquial word for gay guys] came and stood in front of me while I was doing seated curls (and staring at my bi's) and did lat raises with the 5 pound dumbells. Took everything in me not to not to hurl a 45 at his head.
    Last edited by TNT; 03-08-2002 at 07:40 AM.

Grant is offline Member
    Don't you hate it when they watch you!! It makes you want to charge admission. You should have stood over him when he was doing his girl weights.

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    JP1570,
    i just pictured someone hurling a 45 at one of those guys! 5'8", 125 socking wet, who come to the gym in wifebeaters. I'm a lot bigger than they are and I still wear a damn shirt!

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~

Re: Fina is taking over

Originally posted by Grant
    I'm sure everybody has had this happen to them. One guy in the gym was just staring at me the whole time with a furrow to his brow for almost an hour of my workout. He was just staring me down and it just pissed me off so bad. The could feel the fina getting the best of me. I should have thanked him though because it made me fired up to have a great lift.
    I have the same problem with all of the shit that I'm taking plus, I'm a fighter by birth...Just learn to distinguise between the guys who are admiring you and the guys that are "mugging" you. If they are mugging you, tell them to look the other direction before you trash their ass....

sniper105 is offline Junior Member
    Along those same lines I hate the guys who talk behind your back and accuse you of doing 'roids just cause you are lifting heavier than them. Yeah I'm doing them, but who the F**K are you to accuse me, usually just some jealous asshole.

planetx is offline Associate Member
    ...Just learn to distinguise between the guys who are admiring you and the guys that are "mugging" you. If they are mugging you, tell them to look the other direction before you trash their ass...

Iron Fist
    Wise words from a fighter and good bro.

Try this approach, just say "what's up bro", the next time you pass him. Get a reaction. He is probably just admiring. Let him know you are human and speak. Many bro's, including myself, get bum "raps" reputations of being dicks because I/we do not socialize or make much eye contact when I work out. He is probably intimidated. Come down from the pedestal he has you on, and relate to the bro. Be kind, do not frighten, the poor lad.

Then, immediately get the *uck back on the high pedestal and show him and your "disciples" the way training should be executed!!!

Grant is offline Member
    It seems as if everybody has an excuse prepared why they don't look like you. "That's just because he does roids" or "If i was as serious as him, i would be that big too". Well, fuck, If went to the gym once a month and the work ethic of puss, then I could have a body like you!

Whiteyebrowe is offline Associate Member
    i hate those stearing [colloquial word for gay guys] asses-i stare right back .and say shit loud enough for them to hear it .
    Last edited by TNT; 03-08-2002 at 07:41 AM.

TOM2502002 is offline Junior Member
    how about these,,,,

"yea hes real big but its all water"
    "I could look double his size if I did A.S."
    " I would try A.S. but I dont want to look like a professional body builder like the ones in the magazines"
    "Hes big but girls dont like guys who are real big"

some fine examples from the local retarts in a gym near you..

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Here's a slight twist...I was lifting yesterday, and one of the two really big guys at my gym ( in the 250 range, with real real low bf) kept stairing at me, and finally walks over while I'm doing pull downs. He waits till I'm finished and says...bro, seems like you're making some serious gains. Also see that you don't work out with a partner, and if you ever want to work in with me and him (the other big fucker) it'll be no problem. It kinda made my day

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    Ha!! see im small i only weight a lil over 150 but i dont stare at pple and say " look he's doing roids" in fact those pple get me pumped when i do look at them and i start to lift harder

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    fina is great that way. sorry i can't share my past fina stories with you guys, but be safe and remember, the law is your enemy!

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Don't you hate it when they watch you!! It makes you want to charge admission. You should have stood over him when he was doing his girl weights.
    YESSSSSS!!!

when guys start to stare i dont react at all. i say nothing, just get on with my set. but.....

when im done i follow them everywhere in the gym, i watch EVERY thing they do, i inspect EVERY weight they use. im like their f****** shadow until they finally have to say something to me (usually along the lines of a smile and "whats going on man")

then i tell them its not so much fun on the other side when ya trying to work out. watching is fine. come talk to me when im finished is fine. but when im in the middle of a set keep the f*** out of my face!

so far they all understand and keep their distance

Grant is offline Member
    Maybe it is the gym i go to but that happens almost everytime i workout, but at least it gets me fired up.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Reality check . . .

Occasionally there's a thread in which guys get together and whine about things they don't like. No sweat - we all do that occasionally.

For what it's worth, I'm opposed to censorship. But I have just "creatively adjusted" two posts in this thread - nothing major, but I want to be up front about what I did.

A.R. prides itself in being a quality board that does not foster flaming or bigotry. The information you can get here is among the best and the most informed in both the AS world and the fitness world in general. We're not prudes, and I don't make a habit of censoring language, but this is 2002, bro's. So if you're gonna say fag around here it should only be if you're talking about cigarettes in England, and if you're gonna use the word pussy, I suggest that you be talking about your pet cat.

I don't particularly care if you think gays are going to hell in a handbasket, or you think that women belong in the kitchen and the bedroom. But don't bring it here. There are other boards where they do accept that kind of stuff, and I'm sure you'll feel more than welcome there.

It's not a matter of being politically correct, it's a matter of showing each other the same respect that you are (hopefully) showing others at the gym.

'Nuff said, issue over.

- TNT
    Who gets just as pissed as anyone when cruised
    in a steamroom, but doesn't get hung up about it.
    Last edited by TNT; 03-08-2002 at 07:54 AM.

Gear101 is offline Member

Re: Fina is taking over

only thing i would worry about is if the guy was still looking at me whan i was doing swats... lol lol in my gym there's no checking out the gults.... then i would be worried about the guy... or just walk here up to the guy and ask him.. " hey man do you know me from somewhere??"

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    thousand apologies. My only excuse is, I'm from the south. I don't hate anybody though and I sincerely apologize to anyone I may have offended by openly using those words.

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    You have to luv it when they watch. It makes you think they wish they looked like u. Cause i know i watch the huge guys do their thing.

man_of_steel is offline Associate Member
    man,I think everyone gets that once in a while.I fucking hate it when someone wants to watch you while you work out..I've been known to ask them if they're there to watch guys work out or work out themselves before.fuck it.most people look at me and assume I'm a dick anyways,because I'm not a total gym socialite.I mean,I see some bros in there and say whats up but I'm there to get a good lift on,not stand around and talk.after you work out,talk all you want,but when you're in there to work out,you dont wanna answer questuions from some pencilneck geek about what protein powder is the best when you either wanna tell the guy to go put on a fuckin shirt and not embarrass himself with slingshots(wifebeaters/tanktops)or you wanna say 3 things..dbol deca and test..but fuck that,people talk enough shit anyway.if you're one of the "big guys" at your gym,people assume your on steroids anyway..and lets face it.you are,but that doesnt mean that its okay for people to say that though..

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    It's not easy NOT to look!!! I stare SOMETIMES when people do their sets, if they are big...but I don't shove my face into their face. I keep my very fair distance, and I also don't make it too obvious. But I don't think they mind in my gym. I workout in my gym, University Of Toronto, and the Toronto Argo's train there. These huge football players, all over 250 pounds come into the gym...talk/laugh and joke around with their friends, they put on 315 pounds on the bench and rack off like 12-14 reps with it!!! How could anyone resist checking that shit out!!! It's crazy!

Thread Information