jason3500 is offline Junior Member

Endocrynologists and AAS

Judgng by the last post this seems to be the best doctor to see. I ma about to start my second cycle (1st with test) and I want o see someone before and after too be safe. Are these doctors compelled to help you or do you have to find someone who is leniant and will medical cover this treatment?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    youre not going to be able to stroll into an endos office w/o being referred. how old are you?

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Endocyrnologists are speicalists, but they are no more compelled to use an illegal drug user than any other doc. Your general practitioner should be able to order and discuss the results of any blood tests you need for adequate monitoring.

If you are worried about your doc not being able to adequatley identify and discuss certain steroid related issues, consider the following thread:

PICKING A DOCTOR: A quick guide for steroid users
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...42#post1287642

I a 33 years old and I ready your post thanks, so I guess I should not try to see an enocrynologist and just see an internal medcine GP and hope they know enough about AAS?

Quote Originally Posted by jason3500
    I a 33 years old and I ready your post thanks, so I guess I should not try to see an enocrynologist and just see an internal medcine GP and hope they know enough about AAS?
    If you can get your GP to refer you to an endo, then go for it. But it's not necessary if your GP is competent.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    You dont need a doc who know about AAS for the moment. dont worry about it. If you decide to get your bloodwork (hopefully you have good insurance), and then you analyze it and there is a problem, that is when you may need a knowledgeable doc. Baby steps. just figure out how to manipulate your ins and physician to get the answers you need on paper.-and go from there

thanks for the advice guys

Should I get the bloodwork done before and after the cycle and what blood tests should I get?

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Endocrinologist specialize in the "endocrine system" or the "glands" you won't need these specific tests run unless you have ailments eg: low thyroid function, overactive adrenals, low test levels, igf, pancrease enzyme deficiencies etc etc etc...your average GP can run a blood panel for liver enzymes cholesterol etc...

Dmize9 is offline Associate Member
    Should I get the bloodwork done before and after the cycle and what blood tests should I get?
    Bumpin this for an answer to this question.... Does anyone know what tests to request?

Get your blood work just before you plan to start your cycle to see if your body has recovered enough after the last cycle. If your numbers are still skewed, hold off on your next cycle until you get things under control.

You probably do not want to get a test done right after your cycle, because your testosterone levels will probably be high and your other levels will be skewed . This will probably alarm your doctor.

If you're using the time on = time off rule, and you're using your PCT, then one test before you plan to start your next cycle should be sufficient. Just make sure that you have enough will power to hold off on starting a cycle if your blood tests indicate that you're body has not adequately recovered. Sometimes it's hard to look at a fist full of steroids and not start the cycle. But, it would be to your benefit to be patient if you have to wait.

Thread Information