broncojosh is offline Senior Member

P.O box or home address?

Should I have my "toys" delivered to my house or should I get a P.O box?

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Personally I think home address is better because if you pick it up at a PO you sometimes have to sign for it, and if you are "being watched", they can always say, that you took the package out of the box as a form of "accepting" the package. Also our PO here asks too many damn questions to get a PO box. If you are going to use a PO, you may want to go late at night, even early morning, that way, you can say, "hey no one was there for me to return the paK".

9natural9 is offline Banned
    home address, and a good tip is get to know your mailman/or woman in my case, very well, they can be your best friend or your worst enemy....

my mailwoman and I have a hiding place where she puts "all" packages when I am not home to receive...she dont ask questios, and in return she mysteriously receives a blank evelope in the mail at the end of the month...its a risk, but worth it if you get a good one!!!

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    if they watch you at a PO box and you get caught then you're pretty much screwed. there's no way you can explain why you have the key to "someone else's" mailbox and you're just picking up his mail.

get it to your home and make sure all illegal things are out of the house when you're expecting the package. you most likely won't have any problems if you stick with a domestic source. they're more expensive, but they're worth the price.

Originally posted by GAINSEEKER
    NO SOURCE will have thier gear sent to their house that is just plain crazy IMO.
    this is the only way a source can safely get his gear. it's a very complex setup and can cost thousands of dollars, something that is not practical for most of us.

but you have a good point with mailboxes etc. though.

when i when to open one of these 5 years ago i didn't need a state id. i guess their policies changed.

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    gainseeker
    good point i never thought of it that way prolly since im a newbie thatnks for the tips
    if you have anymore advice im always willing to listen.

TheStromba is offline Associate Member
    Gainseeker - how bout a mailboxes etc in the name of a legit business. It's true that anyone can send a legit business anything, would there be a problem ?

that's true, but if they catch you with it they will investigate. what legit business will you really have? do you have a business license for this? have you been paying your taxes on this business? legit businesses also MUST keep records. will you have these to show the feds when they ask? true, you can uphold your miranda rights and not say anything, but these documents will have to be provided in court...

Unity66 is offline Associate Member
    LOL at GAINSEEKER......HEH!!!

get a box.........just because someone has chosen to send an item to your box # (which could have been a mistake?) is something which you have no control over at all.............

the thing to do is get your box(s) and have your 'toys' send under a ficticious name. if in doubt, or you feel suspicion simply write as GS said 'return to sender.......addressee not known'..

sit on it for as long as you feel comfortable. back when some guy by the name of getw****** used to send quality powder products, i had those sent to my home......lol

Unity66

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    My source recommended me getting a P.O Box. Should I go through the trouble of trying to get a fake id, or should I just open it in my own name? I remember seeing a couple kids getting busted near me a few months ago for a shoebox full of ruffies. Would this mean they are looking for stuff in the mail, or should this not concern me?

Unity66 is offline Associate Member
    just have it sent under a ficticious name and take the advice given in this thread........well, some of it

Unity66

2BIG is offline New Member
    I dont see how you opened a po box under a fake name. I had to give two other id numbers other than my social security numbers. They didnt i d me, but i dont know if they ever check the id numbers or not. I figure if they are going to get you , it will be when you pick up you package. How can you explain if you get caught who the fake name is. you cant. Now you have fraud charges on you too. It is in the pamphlet that any fraudulant info can and will be prosecuted

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    might be the wrong place to ask, but do the rules change if your package is comming from overseas?

Originally posted by IronCy
    might be the wrong place to ask, but do the rules change if your package is comming from overseas?
    don't go there! overseas is so damn risky!

bump--for answers to my question....personal experiences if possible. Thanks
    -Cy

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    You can ask as many questions as you want and no one can tell you what to do its same same there is no better way its all the same risk. My advice to you is make a decision either way you have to be a man one day

peace

TheStromba is offline Associate Member
    Jason is right. I think I have read EVERY thread on this subject on this and several boards and there is NO agreement at all.

Just pick a way to go and suck it up.

jason, how did i know you would show up on this thread---hehehe...thanks for the input---check your pm.

Thread Information