asimov is offline Junior Member

3rd Cycle critique please

Wanted to get any opinions, pointers before I begin this cycle. First off my stats: 30 yrs old, 6'2", 220 lbs, 12-14%BF. Years of training experience, experience with test, sust, deca and winny. I play pro baseball, a pitcher. My goals in order of importance are:

Connective Tissue Strengthening
    Added Muscle Cells
    Strength/ Mass Gains
    and Body Fat Loss

Obviously I'm not looking to get huge, but rather healthier and stronger. If I lose decent body fat while making a net gain of just 5 to 10 pounds LBM, I'll be happy. I'm looking to overcome tendonitis issues that have hurt me for several seasons.

12 week cycle:
    WK 1-12 HGH at 4iu 5 days a week
    WK 1-8 Equipiose at 50mg EOD
    WK 4-12 Anavar at 25mg ED along with Milk Thistle ??mg/Day
    WK 13- 14 PCT Clomid 50mg ED

Most threads I've read suggest Test be run with HGH and/or EQ/Anavar. But the sides with test have always been hard on me even with Nolva. These cycles were run at 400mg/week and a another at 400mgweek enan + 500mg week Sust. Also I have seen EQ recommended for 12 weeks. Given my modest goals with respect to mass, I hope excluding test and only 8 wks of EQ is doable. Also I have seen different opinions on when to run the Anavar, either in front or in back of cycle. My idea is for the Anavar to coincide with a winter league season I'll be playing in beginning around week 8 or 9, when I can take advantage of the strength boost.

I've learned alot from you guys so far, any help here is greatly appreciated. Hopefully when I come out of this I'll be able to throw with my best stuff and not have to stay up at night dealing with pain. Thanks.
    Last edited by asimov; 09-21-2004 at 02:05 AM. Reason: add info

shadowman25 is offline Associate Member
    I wish I was running hgh and anavar ........Any way first your dose of eq is way too low.Even at 400mg a week it took me 8 weeks before I saw real gains in strength and at ten weeks I was scrambling to find more because it was just starting to really work. EQ needs to be run at a minimum of 12 weeks , others here will concur with that.
    Also I would rather (in my opinion) run anavar at 40-50 mg ed as opposed to 25mg sounds like you can afford it. good choice by the way. Why not run it weeks 1-4? then again after week 12 to keep your strength up as the others leave your system.
    Milk thistle is always a good choice with orals....

shadowman25 is offline Associate Member
    Also your clomid dosage is off. On a personal note to try and help. Personally I wouldnd't have like eq without test. I started eq 2 week before the test and felt kinda miserable the first 3 weeks until everything caught up. You will feel uncomfortable on the mound with a limp one under your belt.

Funny....though when I'm wearing a cup it's good to be as limp as possible. Anyhow, I don't have that kind of money yet, the minor leagues haven't paid particularly well. But if I do this I'll do it right. I found the HGH at a better price than I expected so there's room in my budget. I can up the dosage, I just worry about overdoing it. As far as that EQ goes, what dose would you recommend? 100mg EOD? How about frontloading it at 600mg /week for weeks 1 and 2? I'll keep that Test in mind, what would you consider the minimal dosage for it should I need it? How should I split up the anavar throughout the day? I usually workout in the mornings.
    Last edited by asimov; 09-21-2004 at 12:30 PM. Reason: add info

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Run the EQ at 600mg the test at 250mg just so your johnson isnt flapping in the wind

Run the EQ 600mg the whole time, or as a frontload?

front load it then run it at 400-500mg per week

moush is offline Senior Member
    hgh for 12 weeks wont do anything. It has to be run over a couple months to see results from HGH. Also throw in some TEST, you NEED test in your cycle of else you will be shut down after your cycle.

BigAndy69 is offline Junior Member
    A few things for you to consider,

if you've never run HGH, you should know that it might give you some joint pain at first....I would suggest you start with 2ius ED for a week or so, up it to 3ius ED and see how you feel....if your joints (wrists especially) adapt well, up the dose to 4ius, but usually it's not entirely necessary. Also, it would be better for you to stay at 3ius for a longer cycle.

I don't think you need all that much gear for your goals.

400mg of EQ should be enough... Btw, there is no point in shooting EQ EOD, twice a week is more than enough.

Anavar at 25mg ED sounds good as well.

I would suggest you run some Test 200mg-300mg a week, just to keep things normal (but it's not necessary)

Keep running the HGH with PCT, and extend your clomid to 3 weeks minimum.

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate the help. This is a make it or break it year for me, so I'm trying to get it as right as possible.

I'll get some test and keep it handy should I need it. I'm expecting joint discomfort from the HGH, but it's worth it so I'll ride it out, but I'll start at 2iu to have some adjustment time.

One last question, what did MOUSH mean by "shutting down after the cycle" if I did not include test? Wouldn't I be more in danger of shutting down if I were on test? Let me know, I've been trying to figure out why guys are so adament about test with HGH, I'd like to understand it so I can make a good decision here, thanks.
    Last edited by asimov; 09-26-2004 at 01:33 PM.

Anything?

The reason you need test during a cycle is because your hpta shuts down so in turn you cannot get it up unless you have test.....some people dont get effected but why take the chance? catch my drift?

Okay, I think I get it now. One last question: I plan to have it handy, what sign should I look for to tell me I need to start taking it? Decreased libido or something like that? I know it would seem easier for me to just take it and not wait for something, but I really do have serious reservations about it based on past experience. Even having used nolva with test back in Dec/Jan, I got serious acne on my back, I'm still getting them. My back looks like a freakin' battlefield. Couldn't I take a series of HCG shots mid-cycle to keep my boys in order? I understand it would be better to take test than experiance a serious crash at the end of the cycle, but I want to make sure there are no other alternatives here.

Okay, I think I get it now. One last question: I plan to have it handy, what sign should I look for to tell me I need to start taking it? Decreased libido or something like that? I know it would seem easier for me to quit being a bitch about this and just take it, but I really do have serious reservations about it based on past experience. Even having used nolva with test back in Dec/Jan, I got serious acne on my back, I'm still getting them. My back looks like a freakin' battlefield. Couldn't I take a series of HCG shots mid-cycle to keep my boys in order? I understand it would be better to take test than experiance a serious crash at the end of the cycle, but I want to make sure there are no other alternatives here.

You need to take it.....if your that worried about it run it at like 250mg per week that will still give you a libido

Gotcha, thanks for the help.

no problemo

Thread Information