Finasteride question I need answered

Ok, I am currently in my 4th week of my cycle that looks like this:

wks 1-15 100mg prop EOD
    wks 1-12 500mgs/week EQ
    wks 1-8 100mg tren EOD
    wks 9-15 50mg winny ED

wks 1-15 nolva 10mg ED
    wks 1-15 a-dex .25mg ED

I want to start taking some finasteride to help guard against any hair loss since I haven't lost any as of yet. My question is, do yall think .75mg ED instead of 1mg ED throughout the rest of my cycle will be enough to prevent any hair loss from those of you who have experiences with finasteride? Also, I plan on just mixing the a-dex, nolva, and finasteride all in the same glass with some grape juice and drinking it, will that be alright? Or should I shoot them separate one at a time and drink them? I know some people say you lose some if you don't shoot it directly into your mouth, but I am not worried that such small amount. Thanks bros.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    You can make a gatorade, finasteride, nolva, and l-dex cocktail, i do it every night. As far as the amount thats wasted? I rinse the glass out with water and drink whats left. I think the claim that you lose a lot mixing them is mainly made by research companies trying to sell flavored products.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Finasteride can take up to 6 months to be fully effective. I found that out the hard way.

I'm taking 5mg Proscar and my hair thinned while on test. .75mg is pretty small amount...but go with what ya know.

Some people have sexual sides with finasteride...luckily I don't.

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Cool I will try it with the gatorade. Do yall think .75mg will be enough instead of taking 1mg?

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Wait....what the hell? Finasteride can take up to 6 months to fully kick in????? What about people who use it when they begin their cycle, say a 10 week cycle? It won't have kicked in by the time they finish their PCT if thats the case? I mean it must start working a little when you begin taking it. I don't want to waste my money and have it not even kick it during the cycle and lose my hair anyways. Can anyone explain that a little more? Also, I think I will just get an extar bottle and do 1mg ED since I am going to be using the winny. An extra 20 bucks is worth it if it protects my hair.

Finasteride will NOT stop winny hairloss!!! Finasteride stops DHT conversion...winny is already a DHT derivative therefore making Finasteride non effective against winny hairloss.

You also have to stay on Finasteride for a long time...if you cycle it with your cycles (and you're prone to MPB)...say goodbye to your hair. Once you're off...your will lose your hair. Finasteride has to be for the long haul.

shiloh is offline Junior Member
    Most people lose some hair when they start taking finasteride. If you are on a cycle of gear that converts to DHT, it will still hinder that conversion.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Finasteride can take up to 6 months to be fully effective. I found that out the hard way.

I'm taking 5mg Proscar and my hair thinned while on test. .75mg is pretty small amount...but go with what ya know.

Some people have sexual sides with finasteride...luckily I don't.
    This is a myth. Finasteride can take several months to SHOW RESULTS for people with MPB. However within 24 hours it inhibits 65% of DHT conversion.

I beleive max inhibition occurs within the first 1 or 2 weeks. Check the Merk physicians white papers for more specifics.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    dutasteride can inhibit 95% DHT conversion in 2 weeks!!

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    dutasteride can inhibit 95% DHT conversion in 2 weeks!!
    daamn im glad it dont take 6 month to be effective

From Propecia.com!

• Day 1: PROPECIA begins working to lower DHT levels.
    • Month 3: You may notice a slowing of hair loss.
    • Month 6: You may see evidence of less hair loss. That’s a success. You may actually begin to see some regrowth of hair.
    • Month 9: If PROPECIA is working for you, at this point you should be maintaining the hair you have. You may even grow back some of the hair you’ve lost.
    • Year 1: By now you’ll know if PROPECIA is working for you. If it’s not, further treatment is not likely to help.
    If you stop taking PROPECIA, you will gradually lose the hair you have gained within 12 months of stopping treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    daamn im glad it dont take 6 month to be effective
    He said dutasteride not finasteride. He's talking about Avodart not Propecia/Proscar.

dutasteride is definately more effective since it blocks both types of 5-alpha reductase enzymes instead of just one like finasteride. Staring these meds while on cycle will stop or slow down the rate of hairloss that would occur on cycle but you will continue to lose hair for a while regardless. That is what usually happens when starting these meds whether you are on cycle or not. However, don't let this discourage you into thinking that it is not working. It is working but it takes a little while to see the results... unless you're one of the few that doesn't respond to the meds.
    Last edited by shiloh; 09-29-2004 at 10:11 AM.

He said dutasteride not finasteride. He's talking about Avodart not Propecia/Proscar.
    Finasteride starts protecting your hairline 24 hours after the first dose.
    http://www.propecia.com/propecia/sha...cuments/pi.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Finasteride starts protecting your hairline 24 hours after the first dose.
    http://www.propecia.com/propecia/sha...cuments/pi.pdf
    Okay guys...please listen to this...it says right on there that it takes at least 3 months to START to see any benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    I beleive max inhibition occurs within the first 1 or 2 weeks.
    MMC78 you're claiming "max inhibition occurs within the first 1 or 2 weeks". Where does it say that on the pdf!?

Yes it does start working after the first administration...however 65% suppression does not constitute full effectiveness.

Please people read my statements carefully...I said it CAN take up to 6 months for finasteride to be fully effective!
    Finasteride can take up to 6 months to be fully effective.
    Why would Merck make this statement (on their own website!) if it wasn't true!?
    • Day 1: PROPECIA begins working to lower DHT levels.
    • Month 3: You may notice a slowing of hair loss.
    • Month 6: You may see evidence of less hair loss. That’s a success. You may actually begin to see some regrowth of hair.
    • Month 9: If PROPECIA is working for you, at this point you should be maintaining the hair you have. You may even grow back some of the hair you’ve lost.
    • Year 1: By now you’ll know if PROPECIA is working for you. If it’s not, further treatment is not likely to help.

If you stop taking PROPECIA, you will gradually lose the hair you have gained within 12 months of stopping treatment.

There are two different measures of the effectiveness. The rate at which your hair stops thining (what the website is talking about) and the rate at which test stops being converted to DHT. (what MMC78 is talking about)
    Last edited by shiloh; 09-29-2004 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shiloh
    There are two different measures of the effectiveness. The rate at which your hair stops thining (what the website is talking about) and the rate at which test stops being converted to DHT. (what MMC78 is talking about)

This is my point exactly.

You can protect your hairline from excess DHT by starting finasteride a couple of days before the the start of a cycle.

This is not a protocol or timeline for when you will regrow hair from male pattern baldness.

...is hair thinning not a direct correlation to DHT!? Your comments are the same things are they not? Please explain as I am now curious.

When the 5-alpha reductase enzyme is no longer able to convert test into DHT buy use of finasteride, your DHT levels are effectively lowered relatively quickly. However, once your DHT levels are effectively reduced it takes a while to notice an effect on your hairline. While taking AAS, the increase in test allows for more test to be converted into DHT causing an increase in the rate hairloss. If this conversion is hindered before it takes place than the effect of an increase rate of hairloss due to AAS is stopped before it starts. This is the effect that we are looking for... minimizing the sides. And it is effective for that purpose. You said that you started a cycle at the same time as you started taking finasteride and your hair continued to fall out. This does not mean that the finasteride was ineffective in stopping the conversion to DHT. More than likely, you were hindering that conversion very soon after you started to take finasteride. However, when one starts this treatment, whether they are on cycle or not, it is normal to initially continue to lose hair and sometimes the rate of thinning is temporarily increased. This is one reason why it can sometimes take a while to notice a difference on your hairline. That is why there are two different measures of effectiveness; the effectiveness of being able to actually see results on your hairline and the effectivness of stopping the steroids from increasing the rate of thinning by stopping the conversion of test to DHT.

When the 5-alpha reductase enzyme is no longer able to convert test into DHT buy use of finasteride, your DHT levels are effectively lowered relatively quickly. However, once your DHT levels are effectively reduced it takes a while to notice an effect on your hairline. While taking AAS, the increase in test allows for more test to be converted into DHT causing an increase in the rate hairloss. If this conversion is hindered before it takes place than the effect of an increase rate of hairloss due to AAS is stopped before it starts. This is the effect that we are looking for... minimizing the sides. And it is effective for that purpose. You said that you started a cycle at the same time as you started taking finasteride and your hair continued to fall out. This does not mean that the finasteride was ineffective in stopping the conversion to DHT. More than likely, you were hindering that conversion very soon after you started to take finasteride. However, when one starts this treatment, whether they are on cycle or not, it is normal to initially continue to lose hair and sometimes the rate of thinning is temporarily increased. This is one reason why it can sometimes take a while to notice a difference on your hairline. That is why there are two different measures of effectiveness; the effectiveness of being able to actually see results on your hairline and the effectivness of stopping the steroids from increasing the rate of thinning by stopping the conversion of test to DHT.
    I see what you're saying. I think we're all talking the same jive. It's all a moot point now.

IronGame is offline New Member
    Quick question: If you are NOT prone to male pattern baldness (my family is genetically very good that way), is finasteride still necessary? I should think it isn't.

Steroids do not cause MPB. They can only speed it up.

Thread Information