JDBU is offline Junior Member

Help with swelling

Yesterday i injected 2cc's of deca into my shoulder and did not aspirate before injection. When i was injecting my shoulder i could feel the deca spreading thoughout my shoulder it felt like, there was some blood that came out of my shoulder but nothing to big. When i looked at the syringe it had a little drop of blood inside and the needle had blood on it to. Today my shoulder seems tighter than normal after injection but it also has a bruise and is swelled up. what can i expect from this now? what happened did i hit a vessel? How long should the swelling to before it goes down?

thanks for reading and responding

4plates is offline Banned
    you probably just went through a vain bro,delt shots for me anyway get a little bloody too.next time aspirate it will ease your mind from now on.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I would never inject without aspirating.If you are going to do it do it as safely as possible.You probably done what 4plates said

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    you're fine, but aspirate next time to be safe. if you can't do it with one hand then shoot in your quads. i like pecs too, but they can be tricky...

thanks for the replies but does anyone know how long it takes for the swelling to go down?

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    >does anyone know how long it takes for the swelling to go down

sorry bro but this is one of those per person things i think. its like the soreness from sust debate - everyone has a different tale to tell.

if you can train with it then train, if its painfull go light, if it really hurts stop.

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by JDBU
    thanks for the replies but does anyone know how long it takes for the swelling to go down?
    it depends on each person and the amount you injected. my swellings can take up to a week to go away. some go away after 2 days. there are a lot of variables.

Methuselah is offline Member
    Dr. Evil,

I love the new avatar!

ultr150 is offline New Member
    What is aspirating mean?

pulling the plunger back once you have entered the muscle to see if you have hit a vessel or a vein

heyherc is offline Junior Member
    You should always asperate. I am in my 3rd cycle now and until yesterday I never got blood in the barrel but yesterday i had my shot of 300mg deca and 375mg cyp (2.5ml total) and my lifting partner does all my shots and I do all his shots, well anyway he had to poke me 4 friggin times before he could actually give me the shot. He got blood 3 times in a row and that has never happened before, not even once, but I would hate to find out what 2.5cc would do if injected into the blood stream.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Just make you sore and lightheaded as hell.. LOL Herc.
    Asperate is soo important, do it...
    Hey this deserves a question, I have yet to hit a blood vessel. When I do, I think I might panic, but what do you guys do, once you see blood, do you take the pin out immediately, leave the blood in the syring, or shot it gently back into your body? I am waiting for the day I hit a blood vessel, I guess I have been lucky in my 11/2 years on gear. it is comin I know.. now watch next week I am hittin a blood vessel ya'll gonna hear about it.. LOL..

Good question i will need to know the same for now on

blizzard is offline Associate Member
    I often had swelling stuff bro,especially after sustanon injections.so I prefer to put a hot towel (very hot) on that area and use an antiflamatuar cream.It worked on me really.

Someone answer my question dangit.. I didn't subscribe to this thread fer nuthin.. LOL

BIG_JDAWG is offline Associate Member
    when i drew blood on my asperation, i gently put the droplet of blood back in.. the 2nd time i drew blood, the blood droplet floated to the top of the syringe. so i had to just take it out. so i pretty much did both. hope this helps Sicilian!!

Big J

Dizzy is offline Banned
    I just squirt the blood out of the syringe. You'll probably bleed on the muscle you hit, so if you switch injection sites you don't want to inject blood into another muscle. If I can't get the blood out, I just reinject the first spot. I don't know if my theory is correct or not but thats what I do. I do know that if you do hit a blood vessel you want to take out the pin and reinject so that you don't inject into your blood stream.

Well... my next stick is comin up on Tuesday watch just watch, I hit a damn BV. Man ya'll gonna hear it.. Ya'll jinxed me..

Dizzy is offline Banned
    I hope not

But if so don't panic. It's not a big deal. Just take it out and put it back in another muscle.

Thread Information