Yaz Villanueva is offline New Member

Unhappy Been advised to lay off sex while on cycle. What do the experts say? Should I?

I'm currently in the middle of my 2nd cycle, aiming to join the competition circuit here at home by December. Several veterans (including the instructor who is helping me train) have advised me to lay off, or at least minimize the nookie while I'm training. They say sex will affect my gains.

I've heard athletes are advised to abstain before a game because it will affect their performance.

Like any normal red-blooded male, I'd rather not unless I absolutely have to -- it's hard enough to abstain on regular days, really HARD while on juice!

What do the experts say?

Would appreciate opinions and advice.

Thanks guys.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    are you really that concerned that your going to cut sex out of your life? maybe you wont gain 3 extra pounds......i would still get down with chicks but thats just me

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    there is no reasonong behind this other than you may have a more intense workout with a full load pressing against the walls of your prostate.
    However, i have also read that sex increases testosterone production, so i don't see it being a negative. Perhaps it is because sex can burn up to 400 calories. I dunno. I would say, do not participate in athletic sex. Just let her do the work.

metallicafan4u69 is offline Junior Member
    To hell with what they say...go for it. Is your workout worth a life with out? HELL NO!

metallicafan4u69 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    there is no reasonong behind this other than you may have a more intense workout with a full load pressing against the walls of your prostate.
    However, i have also read that sex increases testosterone production, so i don't see it being a negative. Perhaps it is because sex can burn up to 400 calories. I dunno. I would say, do not participate in athletic sex. Just let her do the work.
    Enough said bro!!!

Unknown$$ is offline Associate Member
    agreed with anabolicbro...let her do the work, u just enjoy it

fa 2 ka is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981

hahahaha

seanw is offline Banned
    I think that crap about Atheletes and sex was debunked years ago. Go for it bro, make her scream !!

Unknown$$ is offline Associate Member
    haha i love this forum

Yaz Villanueva is offline New Member
    Glad to hear that. The missus will be relieved, she's been enjoying the "extra kick" the roids have been giving, has refused to give it up without a fight and said I should get second and third opinions from the forum.
    Thanks guys.

chris64 is offline Banned
    This was in the NY times last month...

" In 1995, Dr. Tommy Boone of the College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, Minn., measured athletic performance in 11 men after they had intercourse the night before and then, on another day, after they had abstained the night before.

The subjects were given a treadmill test, a routine measure of athletic endurance. Each subject's peak performance was the same on both days, suggesting that sex the night before had not slowed them down, Dr. Boone said.

As for aggression, in 1999 Italian scientists found that testosterone levels in men climbed as sexual activity increased, suggesting that more rendezvous in the bedroom might lead to higher rates of aggression the next day – and enhance athletic performance.

THE BOTTOM LINE Sex does not impair an athlete’s performance."

P Rock is offline Member
    bro i just hope you dont take test while trying to abstain, or you are going to have blue balls! thats when you should take advantage of the increase in libido and fcuk everything insight, go for it bro!

dieseL atC is offline Member
    Sh*t, I f*ck like a damm rabbit when I'm on some Test..... f*ck away brother.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    I think that crap about Atheletes and sex was debunked years ago. Go for it bro, make her scream !!

bro.... you're huge

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    It's a bullsh*t myth. F*ck away.

seanw is offline Banned
    East that aint me you Turkey, but fark I sure would like to be !!!

ttuPrincess Guest
    NO you cant have sex while on cycle...

ok guys now sit back and watch his head explode as he trys to control himself through the whole cycle

Yes you can have sex.. this answer coming out of respect for if you have a girl..

SavageShock is offline New Member
    Waxin' and milkin' all the time bro! GET SOME!

Latimus is offline Banned
    i cant believe someone would give up sex......you might not want to have hard long sex right before a workout.....but before bed seems fine to me

and even if it did mean you lose a few pounds...which it probably doesnt...we are talking about sex here....come on

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    whenever i have the oppertunity to have sex i will do it. i dont care if its before bed, in the morning, or right before i work out. i love lifting, but i love sex way more. if i had to choose between the 2 id choose sex and give up lifting in a second. i cant belive someone would even consider giving up sex. you must be singel.

Homer 8 is offline Associate Member
    man serious its important to be in the right state of mind and if i dont have sex im in terrible mood and take it out on everyone just let it rip bro

znak is offline Senior Member
    I thought the sex-performance link died at the end of the 1960s.

When I think of all the times I did not get laid as a result of this BS, I get pissed.

This is pure horse pucky.

Go for, squirting beat the **** out of blue balls!

shorty2big is offline Member
    **** the hell out of all the pussy you can bro. Even when I'm getting ready for shows, I am having as much sex as possible until the dieting makes make sex drive go away.
    S2B

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    NO you cant have sex while on cycle...
    ok guys now sit back and watch his head explode as he trys to control himself through the whole cycle
    I better die, than have no sex when I'm on cycle:-)

tdawg is offline Associate Member
    i would rather have sex and not gian a couple extra pounds. IMO

Daven is offline Junior Member
    I usualy only have it twice a week or so while im on cycle, but then again, sex has never been that big of a deal with me. I could care less either way honestly, just like to keep the miss happy. But as far as sex hurting your cycle, i coudnt see it doing anything honestly, as long as its not done before you workout... I know I have absolutly no energy.

Thread Information